IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by phillyk

Thats odd, because I was trying out the new cobra AMP at Dicks at was only hitting it 250 according to the launch monitor and visualizer.  However, I've  had several sources tell me my swing speed is well over 110.  They went straight in the visualizer, so I asked one of the employees what the deal was, and in a kind of snotty tone, he said that its just a machine and won't actually tell you the correct distance, just what the direction is...  I believe him, but what a waste to have that machine then if it won't even be accurate.

High end stores have the launch monitors used by pga touring pro's to evaluate equipment. I don't know what they used at Dicks, but I highly doubt it's the real thing.  If you can find a store that uses the PGA tour style monitors, they are extremely accurate and the data is extremely valuable.  They'll even have a pro on staff to translate the data to help you find the longest/straightest driver for your swing.

launch angle and ball RPM's are key......you may have a 110mph swingspeed but if you are creating 4000+ RPMs with the driver.....the ball won't go very far.  I'd highly doubt a big box store like Dicks sporting goods has monitors capable of accurately calculating anything.  IMO.....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

With all the people involved in the thread there has got to be at least one person who knows someone in the Las Vegas area. A person who can be a representative  for the others and go out on a round of golf with  me. I'll even pay for the rounds. Have this person verify some drives and this could all be cleared up. Or maybe just meet me at any driving range. Just a thought.

In my experience the ball flies longer in Vegas than it does here in the mid-Atlantic.  You're probably even shorter than the 240 yard carries we're projecting for you.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Haven't really read this entire thread but, here is his swing

http://thesandtrap.com/t/58634/my-swing-jimbo-slice

Zero chance he hits it over 300.  He does live in vegas and the fairways are super hard and when i was there my carry was almost 2 clubs longer.  I hit it well over 300 most of the time I was there and hit my 9 iron 160.  Here in pinehurst my 9 iron carry is 145 and my driver is usually 280-290 range on average.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit one the other day that I bet went at least 300 yards. Maybe 400. I was in my field hitting a pitching wedge at the flag stick I have out around 75 yards. Just for jollies I grabbed a SW and took a mighty whack at the ball. I skulled that sucker hard! It took off like a freakin missile and was gone and over the tree line at the end of the field in the blink of an eye. It's probably still in orbit.

300 yards? Yeah, I can do that.

Originally Posted by Shorty

It's like saying you routinely have 26 putts.

On what course? On what greens? Under what conditions?

Where are you hitting it 300?

On a range where the ball runs 80 met res?

It irritates people because

a) It is possible certainly possible but it is unlikely - Do it on a soft course and I'll be impressed.

b) It doesn't matter

d) It's like someone who has never played golf thinking that having had a hole in one is the measure of a good golfer.

d) The experience of most players who have been around a while is that 300 = 220

Hey Shorty, I thought I might get ragged on a bit more from you lol. I hear what you are saying. When someone tells me they hit the ball 300, I tend to think more like 270 and they are full of it. But all my distances are accurate and measured from point A to point be with gps. Yah so what its Vegas and get more roll lol, it still counts haha.

Sincerely, Jim

OMG - I just had a look at your video!!!!!!!

You have got to be joking. Those drives, on normal fairways would carry maybe 150 yards. At MOST.

• Upvote 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by poser

Zero chance he hits it over 300.  He does live in vegas and the fairways are super hard and when i was there my carry was almost 2 clubs longer.  I hit it well over 300 most of the time I was there and hit my 9 iron 160.  Here in pinehurst my 9 iron carry is 145 and my driver is usually 280-290 range on average.

I never said I averaged anywhere near 300 yards, just that I have hit some. I now hit them consistently about 2 every round.

Sincerely, Jim

Originally Posted by Shorty

OMG - I just had a look at your video!!!!!!!

You have got to be joking. Those drives, on normal fairways would carry maybe 150 yards. At MOST.

Oh man Shorty, I thought you knew what you where talking about. That drive produced a 270 yard drive, its that simple, and your saying 170 total distance ? rofl.

Sincerely, Jim

How much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I never said I averaged anywhere near 300 yards, just that I have hit some. I now hit them consistently about 2 every round.

That's roughly 11% of the time. Does either one hit the fairway?

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

That's roughly 11% of the time. Does either one hit the fairway?

Maybe about one out of four of my longer drives hits the fairway.

Sincerely, Jim

So every other round you put one of these in the fairway?  You are seriously cracking me up today.  Perfect Friday afternoon thread.

Back in '82 I used to be able to throw the pigskin a quarter mile  Uncle Rico is the man

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

On page 4 of this thread I guessed 200 yards max carry, but now I'm thinking I was being generous. And I wish I could've seen Shorty's head explode when he saw that swing clip :-D Actually yea, I'm going with 175 yards max carry. Sorry about that, guys.

Constantine

What about the shorter drives? How many FIR do you hit?

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Back in '82 I used to be able to throw the pigskin a quarter mile  Uncle Rico is the man

You ever knock a dork off his bike with a t-bone steak?

Well my driver is busted shaft is busted atm, but the new shaft should be here today. It did start raining pretty good here today also  in Vegas, a nice cool down for the area. It might still rain for the next couple days, plus I'm having some back issues atm, but....Next week sometime I will post a video of me at the rang hitting multiple ball over a 260 yard fence. I guessing that's about 270 carry guaranteed. Not sure if that will make any believers but its worth a shot.

Again if anyone know somebody in town or is going to come threw Vegas, I will be more then willing to pay for your round of golf so I can prove it. I would also be willing to take any wager on a 300 yard drive up to say hmmm 100-1000 bucks in 20 or less balls. ROFL

Sincerely, Jim

Note: This thread is 4244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!