IGNORED

Mizuno MP-63 vs Titleist AP2

Note:Β This thread is 4206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Sorry didn't mean to jump at you, I was talking to the whiners.

Look bottom line is, when I hit the ball, it feels like pure silk. I don't give a crap what it's made of, how it's done, or anything. I like the way they feel, and I'm happy I purchased them.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5*Β 

3WD: Β Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons: Β Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2 Β 52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

As you should, they are great clubs.Β  When you walk through a golf store you don't have the Titleist's lawyer approved product description in front of you, what you see is this;

Why place "Forged" there at all?Β  Why not "Forged Face" or multi-material or just leave it blank like they have with the AP1?Β Β It's not something to get worked up about but I do consider it mis-leading.Β  Obviously Titleist see's a benefit to having it there or they wouldn't have bothered.

Originally Posted by Motley01

Look bottom line is, when I hit the ball, it feels like pure silk. I don't give a crap what it's made of, how it's done, or anything. I like the way they feel, and I'm happy I purchased them.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL - can we start a survey about which is the whiniest post in this thread? Hmmm . . . will it be from an AP2 owner or the guy who can tell the difference between regular forged and grain flow forged?!?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Look, all kinds of golf and non-golf products are advertised this way. With stamps or stickers of something, to attract customers.

Are you telling me Titleist is the only company to put something on the club, that may or may not be mis-leading the customer?

I see clubs with all kinds of weird crap stamped on them, doesn't mean it's a truthful either.

Taylormade is the worst with adverstising, the whole 17 yards longer crap is out of control marketing.

Titleist doesn't make such wacky claims for distance?

Fianally, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't even look at it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

As you should, they are great clubs.Β  When you walk through a golf store you don't have the Titleist's lawyer approved product description in front of you, what you see is this;

Why place "Forged" there at all?Β  Why not "Forged Face" or multi-material or just leave it blank like they have with the AP1?Β Β It's not something to get worked up about but I do consider it mis-leading.Β  Obviously Titleist see's a benefit to having it there or they wouldn't have bothered.

Are you telling me Titleist is the only company to put something on the club, that may or may not be mis-leading the customer?

I see clubs with all kinds of weird crap stamped on them, doesn't mean it's a truthful either.

Taylormade is the worst with adverstising, the whole 17 yards longer crap is out of control marketing.

Wait, are you trying to say that TM's new clubs ARE NOT made from the testicles of old space shuttles?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Wait, are you trying to say that TM's new clubs ARE NOT made from the testicles of old space shuttles?

Originally Posted by mtnbiker5

Hey guys relax.Β  How do the AP2's stack up against the new Ping Ansers?Β  Any ideas?

Look here, Golf Digest staffers have a huge review on the Ansers.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/700652-ping-anser-irons-story-video-and-pictures-inside/

You're missing the point, except for my last response my posts weren't even directed to you.Β  No one is saying you bought bad clubs or Titleist is the only one mis-representing their clubs.Β  Go back and re-read the thread.

Forged is stamped into the iron, it's not a marketing sticker.Β  What is stamped does matter.Β  I can't take a bracelet made of steel, gold plate it, stamp the word gold on it and sell it as gold.Β  Titleist is taking a multi-material club and stamping the word "Forged" on it.Β Β If I look at the AP2, CB, MB side by side I'd assume they were all forged clubs since they all have the same stamp.Β  Look at it from the consumer side and not the Titleist fanboy side.

If you looked at my signature you'll see I own quite a bit of Titleist gear, they make great clubs but it doesn't mean I agree with everything they do.

When I was at Golfsmith browsing around and saw the AP2s, I really didn't even notice the Forged stamp. That is not what drew me to them, but after hitting them in the demo bay, that is what sold me.

Look, all kinds of golf and non-golf products are advertised this way. With stamps or stickers of something, to attract customers.

Titleist doesn't make such wacky claims for distance?

Fianally, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't even look at it.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

You're welcome!Β  (Side note: the last 2 times I tried to quote you this ^^^ has happened)Β  hmmm ...

Side note, yes the quote thing is messed up? Mods have any idea what's going on? Sometimes it puts the quotes on the bottom.

I have no idea why Titleist put the forged stamp, why don't you call their customer service reps here, and ask why they did this. Their customer service reps are very knowledgeable.

Titleist customer service:Β (800)225-8500

Quote:

You're missing the point, except for my last response my posts weren't even directed to you.Β  No one is saying you bought bad clubs or Titleist is the only one mis-representing their clubs.Β  Go back and re-read the thread.

Forged is stamped into the iron, it's not a marketing sticker.Β  What is stamped does matter.Β  I can't take a bracelet made of steel, gold plate it, stamp the word gold on it and sell it as gold.Β  Titleist is taking a multi-material club and stamping the word "Forged" on it.Β Β If I look at the AP2, CB, MB side by side I'd assume they were all forged clubs since they all have the same stamp.Β  Look at it from the consumer side and not the Titleist fanboy side.

If you looked at my signature you'll see I own quite a bit of Titleist gear, they make great clubs but it doesn't mean I agree with everything they do.

I know why they do it, marketing told them to because "Forged" clubs are seen as better than cast by many golfers and they want to sell their clubs to them.Β  If you read the entire thread you'd see we all know why they do it, the point is some of us consider itΒ a questionable practice.Β  Customer service isn't going to give me that answer.Β  I'm done here.

First of all, I'm not a Titleist fanboy, I just like their products, and happen to have it in my bag.

I have no idea why Titleist put the forged stamp, why don't you call their customer service reps here, and ask why they did this. Their customer service reps are very knowledgeable.

Titleist customer service: (800)225-8500

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator

Side note, yes the quote thing is messed up? Mods have any idea what's going on? Sometimes it puts the quotes on the bottom.

This won't be quoted.

If you write your response in the quote block (i.e. if it's indented, it's probably in the quote "div" <-- HTML markup stuff) like I did above with the red text, it won't be quoted. That's all.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I know why they do it, marketing told them to because "Forged" clubs are seen as better than cast by many golfers and they want to sell their clubs to them.Β  If you read the entire thread you'd see we all know why they do it, the point is some of us consider itΒ a questionable practice.Β  Customer service isn't going to give me that answer.Β  I'm done here.

I shouldn't even bother reviving this one, but to be fair ... http://thesandtrap.com/t/60810/new-ping-anser-irons/0_30#post_749412

I saw that video that Mike posted yesterday and Ping (and maybe others)Β does the exact same thing, so it's not just Titleist.

• 3 months later...

To the original Question - I purchased the MP-63's last spring and played them this summer.Β  Previous to this I had Forged Snake eyes that were about 5 years old.Β  I had them fit at a Golftown outlet and then put together with stiff Project X shafts.Β  Gotta say it took a couple of months to get used to the new lofts (stronger than my old Snakeyes) and the ball flight was a lot higher.Β  But now that I have had them in the bag for a year I got to say I love them.Β  They have a great feel when hit well.Β  I can work the ball both left to right and right to left.Β  It took a while to get the ball flight worked out but by the end of the summer I had good control over that as well. They have about the same forgiveness as my old irons.Β  I did look at the AP2 irons and did not like theΒ look of them (Dont like the top line or theΒ sole).

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

Note:Β This thread is 4206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!