IGNORED

What ball(s) is in your bag?

Note: This thread is 3961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I started hitting the optic yellow balls lately so I could identify my balls easier in my foursome, only now others are following. Not a novel idea anymore.

This weekend I fell for a cute young salesgirl at a Tampa Golf Fest - she was demonstrating the new Wilson Duo ball by dropping it and comparing against another ball (didn't even notice the brand).  I fell for the demo and picked up the Duo Optic Yellow. Not sure if a superball is what I need around the greens w/ my current chipping/pitching problems.

Probably no different than the typical Wilson rocks.

I would definitely say pick 1 ball and stick to it. Definitely don't carry an assortment of balls you find in the rough. You'll shoot better scores by player the same ball every shot and knowing exactly how it is going to react.

I've just bought a dozen of the new Callaway Hex Hot Pro ball. Really looking forward to testing it out in a proper round.

Just got the TaylorMade Lethal, it is an amazing ball.  That is all I have to say.

Putter:  Classic Black Platinum 1

Driver:  R1 Stiff flex

3 Wood:  AMP - Regular flex, 15 degrees

3 Hybrid:  Baffler T-Rail - Regular flex, 19 degrees

Irons: :tmade: MC Forged - PW-4

Wedges: :cleve: 588 RTX 2.0 Tour Blade Black Satin - 52.10 and 58.10

Ball:  Pro V1x

Titleist NXT Tour for me. Really like the way the ball feels off the club face and I like the performance. I want to try a Top Flite Gamer V2 this year, I hear and read good things about them.

I was given a box of Top Flite Gamer V2 golf balls for playing my 6th round with my loyalty card at my 'home' course on Sunday. I played them on the back 9. It felt good off the tee. Had no trouble around the greens. And was ok off the putter. I will probably not go out and buy a box, but I'll definitely play the free ones I was given.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by superfly7777

I would definitely say pick 1 ball and stick to it. Definitely don't carry an assortment of balls you find in the rough. You'll shoot better scores by player the same ball every shot and knowing exactly how it is going to react.

I've just bought a dozen of the new Callaway Hex Hot Pro ball. Really looking forward to testing it out in a proper round.

Yes!  These would really compare to the Nike One RZN balls!

I have Hit Me Again Callaway HX tours in my bag. They look brand new and cost half as much.

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

Originally Posted by TMBridgestone

Just got the TaylorMade Lethal, it is an amazing ball.  That is all I have to say.

Sez the guy with Bridgestone in his handle and his avatar!!

• Upvote 1

Bill M

ProV1, but thinking about a change to ProV1x this summer.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I'm playing the Hex Black Tour, although I have a bunch of different tour balls that I will test on the launch monitor.

Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Matrix Ozik 7M3

Callaway X Hot Pro Mayrix Ozik 8M3

Callaway X Hot Pro 18* Matrix Ozik HM2

Callaway X Forged 2013 3-PW Project X PXi

Callaway Forged 52* & 58* Project X PXi

Odyssey Versa #9

Callaway HEX Black Tour

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

I'm kind of all over the place...

This is me lately as well.  I'd been playing exclusively Titleist ever since the Professional came out.  The first ball that had balata type characteristics, yet was durable.  And at the time, Titliest was pretty much the only premium ball.  But for several years now, everybody makes a premium ball, so this year I've finally started to tinker around with others.  First I tried the Callaway Hex Black with mixed results.  It was just eh for me.  Next I tried the Bridgestone 330-RXS, which I liked, although I wasn't doing backflips or anything.  I also tried the e6 (I think it was 6 - I don't remember, they were given to me) and it was OK, although I didn't think it was quite soft enough.

Now I am trying out the Taylor Made Penta 3 - was on sale $55 for 2 dozen - and I like this one as well.  Distance and accuracy seem comparable to everything else, and it feels great off the putter too.  Jury is still out though, because it's only been one round.  :)

Sez the guy with Bridgestone in his handle and his avatar!! :dance:

I know right! What an idiot! :)

Searching for 2013 season ball. Used Srixon all of last season. The Q star, used the AD333 the season before, I really liked the perfomance of that ball. This year I was looking into the Nike One RZN ball not sure which one to go with. Perhaps the soft feel RZN

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Sez the guy with Bridgestone in his handle and his avatar!! :dance:

And the TM stands for TaylorMade! Hey but the right ball for you doesn't lie!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not in a financial place where I can justify paying the $3-4 or more for ProV1 or BS330, etc.  I typically play whatever I can find recycled in AAAA or better shape for not much more than $1 a ball, if I can help it.  For one of my league events or other competitive round, or on vacation, I may splurge on some new e6 or Callaway HX or something like that.

Today, though, I may have found a wonderful solution that meets my own demand for frugality, but desire for quality.  I recently came across a few reviews for the TopFlite GamerV2.  I didn't even know they made a decent ball, so I was surprised to read how well received/reviewed they are.  I came across a deal online, 3 dozen for $29.99 plus $6 shipping, so basically exactly $1 a ball.

I had an opportunity to play early this morning, a crisp Florida winter morning, about 47 degrees when the sun came up, maybe 55 when I teed off at 7:30, a beautiful day for golf.  Not only did I shoot well, but I really was impressed with the ball.  Distance seemed pretty good, got some good spin on the green, and putts came off as clean and natural as any ball I can remember.  And, after losing one to the trees on my drive on #1, I played the rest of the round with the same ball, and it held up remarkably well.  I could easily play another round with this ball, no problem.  I'm thinking about getting another 3-dozen, in case that deal doesnt come around often.

Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver 

Calloway RAZR Fit 3W  

Taylor Made R7 Irons 

White Ice #1 35" 

Mizuno F50 5-7W 

Bushnell Medalist Range Finder 

maxfli u3, gamer v2, nxt!

Driver:  905R 9.5* Project X 6.0

3 Wood:  910FD 15* Project X 8C4

Hybrid:  Vr Pro 21* 3H Project X HD2

Irons:  775 CB 4-G Project X Pxi 6.0

Wedges:  MP T-10 56/8, 60/5

Putter:  Anser 2

Ball:  Gamer V2 or  NXT

Note: This thread is 3961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!