IGNORED

Suggestion on Specs

cliffj
Note: This thread is 4225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I believe it would be a really nice service if there were one spot on this site where we could all go to compare specs on clubs across the board.  For example, on irons, what are the factory specs for Titlest AP2's , Mizuno MP-59s, etc. etc   A nice layout where one could see all the clubs that have the same set up (ie. 8 irons with a loft or 38 degrees, 7 irons of 34, etc).  This would get tricky as some manufacturers change their stepping as they go down the line.  I am not sure if a spread sheet would do it or just lists that have all the like clubs listed by loft of their 7irons , or...

Also, to go more ambitious. how about the frequencies of what is S vs XS by manufacturer (you can quit laughing now at this one)

Thoughts on the first part of this??

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hireko has a frequency chart for most shafts on the market, both graphite and steel. They use their own standard, so you'll have to do some reading, but they have some numbers. Of course, the numbers don't tell the whole story because each shaft will react differently to the head and swing.

For the first part, I don't see what's so hard about checking the manufacturer's website. It's not like it's a secret. Besides, I don't think most of us need more options when it comes to buying equipment.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Some of the manufacturers start taking stuff off as soon as they have something new.  For example. Now that Mizuno has the JPX-825 Pro out the specs for the JPX-800 Pro are no longer there..  While many of us know that they are the same, some folks might not.  I have access to a loft measuring/bending device (not sure what its name is ) but most folks do not.

I have a small spreadsheet with lofts of the clubs I own on it but think it would be an interesting resource to be able to print out before heading into a store,etc to try out various models on a launch monitor, or before heading out to a demo day..

As for frequencies.. I do not trust them as far as I can throw them.. I have taken 5-10 shafts from the same manufacturer of the same marking, put them on the frequency meter and gotten readings from soft regular to XXS...  So,,I always verify the frequency before turning over any cash on shafts..

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

This just sounds like a rhetorical request for someone to revive and/or update the old "equip2golf.com" or golfclubspec.com" sites?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Roger Maltby's website has a lot of that kind of stuff.
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Titleist and Ping do a pretty good job of archiving specs for their past club models on their main web sites. You can find specs for many older Callaway clubs on Callaway Preowned, located below the line listing of sets for a given club model which are for sale. Cleveland, Mizuno and TaylorMade pull them down the specs quickly once they quit making a model.

I try to keep the catalogs of the mainline club manufacturers, but can't get them all.

Note: I'm not sure how much a spreadsheet of all the 2011 year 7 irons would tell us. A lot of the performance is determined by overall clubhead design, and the type of shaft used.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Golfclubspec.com was just what I was looking for/ talking about. Thanks. Updating it would be just the thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Roger Maltby's website has a lot of that kind of stuff.

:doh: Ralph Maltby.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!