IGNORED

2012 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by atb5079

i've definitely decided webb simpson is one player i really do not like.

Why?

I love the guy. All he did, in his first ever RC match is birdie the first two holes, and won his match. He's got energy & passion.

I just despise Jesus freaks. And we'll leave it at that. Also, his dumbass counter argument for the belly putter and just his vanilla persona. I do not like him.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Why?

I love the guy. All he did, in his first ever RC match is birdie the first two holes, and won his match. He's got energy & passion.

What passion?  What energy?  I don't see much there to love.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

What passion?  What energy?  I don't see much there to love.

Then love the game. He came to play.

I'm also liking Monty's commentary in the booth.

Idk man he just missed his last few putts. But I agree, Monty is awesome.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by StealthTrader

It is fairly straight forward as you can see - just as long as the players follow their "trajectory" coming into the tournament.  That's what I look for.  The question is always: What's a players true trajectory coming into an event.

So why would you have picked Mahan?  What was his "trajectory" prior to DL3`s picks?

Originally Posted by StealthTrader

Bubba, had an outstanding day today and I'm glad he played consistently.

I just hope the consistency remains throughout the week - that was my only problem with him being on the Team this year.  Bubba's oscillations between good and poor golf is one of the widest channels of performance on tour.  When he's on - he's really on.  But, when he's off, he's almost comical.  Contrast that to Rory.  When Rory, is off - he's just missing it, but he's missing it very consistently.  But, when he's on - he's won't be too far away from his game when he was off.

It is the wide channel of volatility in Bubba, that I thought would hamper the Team a bit.  I hope he holds it together for three days.  If he does, he can't be anything but a huge asset.

What is your basis for deciding that Bubba is inconsistent and Rory is consistent?  Are you talking shot to shot, hole to hole, round to round or Tournament result to Tournament result?  FWIW, Bubba and Rory both missed 3 cuts on the PGA Tour this season but BUBBA tied for the most top 25s and was the only full time player to NEVER finished outside the top 25 when making the weekend.  In total, Rory was outside the top 25 twice as often as Bubba (31.3% vs 15.8% of the time)...How is that more consistent?

Originally Posted by Shorty

Presumably you won several million by betting on the outcome, then.

"Delusional" is the word that comes to mind.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Chalk me up in the "how could you not love Webb Simpson?" category.  Kid is as all-American as it gets, and he's a US Open champ.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by atb5079

I just despise Jesus freaks.

Yeah; believing in something and giving credit where credit is due is totally despicable.

Originally Posted by walk18

Tiger getting some well deserved bench rest this morning.

No doubt.

IMO, why try to fix something that isn't broken. He doesn't appear to have 'it' this weekend so why not just let him ride the pine?

Originally Posted by Pablo68

Yeah; believing in something and giving credit where credit is due is totally despicable.

Not despicable, just illogical.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Originally Posted by Pablo68

IMO, why try to fix something that isn't broken. He doesn't appear to have 'it' this weekend so why not just let him ride the pine?

I think sitting him this morning was a good call, but let him play in the afternoon. And of course, he has to play tomorrow.

So really, this just comes down to whether to play him this afternoon or not. He's still Tiger. I say play him.

Originally Posted by WWBDD

Not despicable, just illogical.

Actually, I was responding to someone who said they 'despise' Simpson therefore my sarcastic remark using the word despicable was accurate.

To your point; how is that illogical? If God indeed motivates Simpson, how is giving God credit and praise illogical?

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I think sitting him this morning was a good call, but let him play in the afternoon. And of course, he has to play tomorrow.

So really, this just comes down to whether to play him this afternoon or not. He's still Tiger. I say play him.

I'd ride the hot hand and keep your foot on the European's neck.

Tiger's record in the cup isn't really stellar even when he dominated the game. I wouldn't worry about bruising his ego because I don't think he's scaring anyone this weekend.

Note: This thread is 4226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!