IGNORED

Big Break: Greenbrier

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I also hope Issac wins.  He always comes up with the big shot when he needs it and has that power in his driver if he really needs to create space.

Sooo glad that Brian is gone. I really want James to win now. I like all the contestants but James' attitude is very like-able. He seems like someone who would be fun to golf with. Not to mention I would LOVE to see the saucer shot used on the tour.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

Originally Posted by JasonK88S

Sooo glad that Brian is gone. I really want James to win now. I like all the contestants but James' attitude is very like-able. He seems like someone who would be fun to golf with. Not to mention I would LOVE to see the saucer shot used on the tour.

I'm rooting for all of them at this point ... the remaining 4 are all good players and seem like good guys.  And in the teaser for next week, it looks like we're gonna get to see the saucer pass during the tic-tac-toe challenge.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I'm rooting for all of them at this point ... the remaining 4 are all good players and seem like good guys.  And in the teaser for next week, it looks like we're gonna get to see the saucer pass during the tic-tac-toe challenge.

Yeah I saw that. Should be a good show next week. I honestly don't mind who wins just because they all seem like they keep it together pretty well under any circumstance. I just cant stand the "bad sport" in any sport. Should be an interesting finish to the show with these 4 guys left.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

I agree, they are all worthy of winning.  I think James is the weakest of those left, but he stepped up big time last night.  This is by far the best golf I've seen played on a Big Break, I'm going to miss it when this seasons over.

Joe Paradiso

First time I saw the saucer pass, I was like "Happy Gilmore would be proud".  Wouldn't be upset if James or Issac won the whole thing.  Both players have attributes that are marketable.

I agree here. I like James' attitude as well and his candor. I would love to play golf with a guy like that regularly, it would be a ball busting laugh riot. I am glad he showed up to play finally. All are good players an although maybe or maybe not tour players, they are respectable people that can hit an f'n golf ball when it counts. I would prefer they keep the gimmicky crap out of the big break. With some of the past competitors there was no way I thought there was tour potential.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I'm glad Brian is gone............Mr. Temper tantrum punk-AZ-Beoch.  At least he behaved like a man on his last episode and didn't break anything that we know of...................on his last episode.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I would say that Brian was kind of this seasons "My crap don't stink and I'm a better human being than these other guys" golfer.  He still had some manliness to him in that he would admit when he screwed up..just didn't know how to handle the setbacks.

I like Rick...and he's a Kentucky boy....

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I was shocked Brian didn't break a club on the last show.  He showed a lot of restraint, I wonder if the producers said something to him about how he'd be portrayed on the show and that caused the sudden change in demeanor.

Joe Paradiso

I was shocked Brian didn't break a club on the last show.  He showed a lot of restraint, I wonder if the producers said something to him about how he'd be portrayed on the show and that caused the sudden change in demeanor.

I bet he finally noticed that cordiality was meant to be respectful and possibly recognized that the other players looked at him like a freak when he did shit like that. If it was me, and I was in the situation, I would probably bust his balls on it. Maybe some of the other guys flipped him a little shit

• Upvote 2

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by newtogolf

It's quite possible he slammed his club on a shot or two but they just chose not to show it when they edited the episode.

Bill

It is possible but would be inconsistent with how they edited him in the past.  I guess if time was limited they chose to leave his tantrums out, but usually when a show decides to portray someone in a certain light they do until the end.  He was also quite composed back at the bench and in the post interviews which makes me think he was on best behavior that episode rather than got a favorable edit.

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

It's quite possible he slammed his club on a shot or two but they just chose not to show it when they edited the episode.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

It is possible but would be inconsistent with how they edited him in the past.  I guess if time was limited they chose to leave his tantrums out, but usually when a show decides to portray someone in a certain light they do until the end.  He was also quite composed back at the bench and in the post interviews which makes me think he was on best behavior that episode rather than got a favorable edit.

Like you say, they can show someone in whatever light they want. Could be they just decided to paint him as a good guy for the final episode, for whatever reason.

Bill

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I bet he finally noticed that cordiality was meant to be respectful and possibly recognized that the other players looked at him like a freak when he did shit like that. If it was me, and I was in the situation, I would probably bust his balls on it. Maybe some of the other guys flipped him a little shit

yes...my thoughts exactly.   I think maybe he realized that he was behaving like a complete tool.  He definitely showed a ton of restraint on his last episode.. I'm sure a few of the players flipped him a little shit about his actions too.......

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I agree to a certain extent.  At this point... I really like all of the contestants.  I'd say James is the most likable guy on the show - probably the most marketable as well should he win.  But... Does he really need a 'Big Break'?  He's the CEO of Kikkor Golf for heavens sake. I'm sure he is financially sound - and can live comfortably without being on tour, and doesn't need the tour.

So that brings me to a thought of who really needs the 'Big Break' out of the remaining contestants?  And the show hasn't shown much of Mark and or Rick's personal life... So it is hard for me to say if they have a lot riding on this - other than they are solid golfers and want to make it professionally on tour... But Issac on the other hand, they have shown him interacting with his family.  And he has young children to support along with a wife... And from what little the show has explored regarding these guys backgrounds and what they have at stake from a personal perspective... Winning Big Break could have more of an impact for a guy like Issac as this is his bread and butter and he has a family to support.  So for me... I'm personally pulling for Issac to win now.

Overall, I think this is one of the better Big Breaks they've had in the series.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Quote:

I agree to a certain extent.  At this point... I really like all of the contestants.  I'd say James is the most likable guy on the show - probably the most marketable as well should he win.  But... Does he really need a 'Big Break'?  He's the CEO of Kikkor Golf for heavens sake. I'm sure he is financially sound - and can live comfortably without being on tour, and doesn't need the tour.

So that brings me to a thought of who really needs the 'Big Break' out of the remaining contestants?  And the show hasn't shown much of Mark and or Rick's personal life... So it is hard for me to say if they have a lot riding on this - other than they are solid golfers and want to make it professionally on tour... But Issac on the other hand, they have shown him interacting with his family.  And he has young children to support along with a wife... And from what little the show has explored regarding these guys backgrounds and what they have at stake from a personal perspective... Winning Big Break could have more of an impact for a guy like Issac as this is his bread and butter and he has a family to support.  So for me... I'm personally pulling for Issac to win now.

Overall, I think this is one of the better Big Breaks they've had in the series.

You sold me. I'm rooting for Sas down the stretch, even though I like all of them.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!