IGNORED

Big Break: Greenbrier

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by showtime583

Tough to see Sasquatch go out like that, but James brought his "A" game and Mark got it together when it counted....that putt he nailed after missing 2 shorties was one of the most clutch shots I've seen on BB. Gonna be a battle in the finale - not sure who to root for!

That putt Mark sank was very impressive.  Had to be the shot of the season?  I remember Anthony made a bomb putt in elimination... But Marks putt was more difficult given he had to putt up that false front and I believe his ball wasn't even on the putting surface... He was putting from the fariway - which really made it difficult to get the putt rolling on the proper pace.  Very impressive - especially after he just missed those two putts inside 5ft on the previous holes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Seeing Isaac lose was tough, he seems like a really nice guy.  James and Mark will be a great finale.  James is playing some of the best golf I've seen a Big Breaker play so he's got to be the one to beat at this point.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Seeing Isaac lose was tough, he seems like a really nice guy.  James and Mark will be a great finale.  James is playing some of the best golf I've seen a Big Breaker play so he's got to be the one to beat at this point.

they all seem pretty decent, but I just started at the round of 4.  this time.....That returning contestant didn't seem to be the same caliber, but it wasn't much exposure and his game wasn't much of a contest these final guys.

I fully expected Isaac to make that last put - great short game, totally against my initial bias when I first saw him.  I thought he'd be a big hitter and just ok.  can't make assumptions in this game.

but the distance these guys all hit just blows my mind away - I really need to go take some lessons, none of them look even close to fit really, just average.

Bill - 

I knew Channy was going to be the guy. I guess you guys didn't watch the show on the net to know he was going back in for an episode. It was probably the low point of the big break greenbriar, bringing chan back. They hardly even covered his return. The fact that they showed him talking about holing it to win 5k... like he could just pull that shot out of his ass anytime.

I have to say I was bummed that Isaac got the ax but you can only play with fire so much before you get burned. James continues to hold my "bromance". I wish I had someone that was that much fun to play golf with here.... The golf channel ought to just hire him on as analyst to replace Charlie Rymer.

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I knew Channy was going to be the guy. I guess you guys didn't watch the show on the net to know he was going back in for an episode. It was probably the low point of the big break greenbriar, bringing chan back. They hardly even covered his return. The fact that they showed him talking about holing it to win 5k... like he could just pull that shot out of his ass anytime.

I have to say I was bummed that Isaac got the ax but you can only play with fire so much before you get burned. James continues to hold my "bromance". I wish I had someone that was that much fun to play golf with here.... The golf channel ought to just hire him on as analyst to replace Charlie Rymer.

I'm all for that lol. Golf channel could use someone like James.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

I have a ton of respect for "Squatch" as a person.  You never saw him cursing or throwing clubs.........he was a class act from beginning to end.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I have a ton of respect for "Squatch" as a person.  You never saw him cursing or throwing clubs.........he was a class act from beginning to end.

Seems like they all had a good amount of class. I really like Stuart from the start but either way, I'm happy that it wasn't Brian that won. He is a good golfer but his attitude will surely slow him down. Not just in golf but if he handles many of life's situations as he did on the show... he will be a very frowned upon individual.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

The change up.. I don't think I'm good enough to do that.. but it sure looks like fun to try...

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I agree.. I liked him too cause he wasn't flashy, didn't have all kinds of high end clubs, didn't wear expensive clothes, just looked like a regular Joe. And he had a good attitude

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

Originally Posted by mazzamouth

The change up.. I don't think I'm good enough to do that.. but it sure looks like fun to try...

Yea it does. I'd end up skulling it into the woods if i tried it.

Well...that was impressive.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

The reunion show revealed that our champion earned full Web.com Tour privileges for 2013 in Q-School, which should surprise no one. I think the runner-up will be at that level sooner rather than later, as well.
  • Upvote 1

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

The reunion show revealed that our champion earned full Web.com Tour privileges for 2013 in Q-School, which should surprise no one. I think the runner-up will be at that level sooner rather than later, as well.

Really? That's awesome.

Agreed on James. He's easily the best runner-up I've seen on this show, and it's really not even close.

Constantine

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Agreed on James. He's easily the best runner-up I've seen on this show, and it's really not even close.

Stiffs don't win NCAA D-I national titles, and stiffs don't shoot 66-68 on PGA Tour-prepped venues after not playing competitive golf for several years.

Note: This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!