IGNORED

Big Break: Greenbrier

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

You should try it... I found that the club face almost went right under the ball... And the ball didn't go anywhere.  Like it would go 5ft.  Obviously I was doing something wrong?  But like I said, the shot wasn't very intuitive.  I only tried it 2 or 3 times though before I was like... "This is just silly.  Why am I even trying this?" LOL

I tried it and found the same thing. The ball just flipped off the club and trickled a couple feet. I also only tried it a couple times but thats what im saying is I wonder if i found the secret like a firmer wrist or more/less bounce wedge if it would be more consistent.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by jd924

Any idea why there wasn't a new episode this week?

I saw Robbie Biershenk on Morning Drive yesterday and they mentioned something about how there is no new episode this week because of the election. I am assuming its the same for Big Break

Originally Posted by dsc123

I would think that the irregularities in the ground would cause trouble.  I guess if you're on a tightly cut, perfectly manicured fairway it might work.  But since you're dragging the club for, i don't know 12 inches?, on the ground, I could see something grabbing the club a bit and screwing it up.

Also, was the male host also doing the HSBC tournament in China this week?  At least three times, i think all on 18, I heard the announcer say something like "and this for eagle" when the player was in a bunker or chipping from the front of the green.  Its like manufactured drama, acting like every shot has a 50% chance of going in the hole and that anything short of miraculous is a huge mistake.

Ya Tom Abbott was doing the HSBC tournament. I recorded it when it was on at night and would watch it the next morning. I was getting so annoyed because of what you said above. He does the same thing on Big Break.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

You should try it... I found that the club face almost went right under the ball... And the ball didn't go anywhere.  Like it would go 5ft.  Obviously I was doing something wrong?  But like I said, the shot wasn't very intuitive.  I only tried it 2 or 3 times though before I was like... "This is just silly.  Why am I even trying this?" LOL

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

I tried it and found the same thing. The ball just flipped off the club and trickled a couple feet. I also only tried it a couple times but thats what im saying is I wonder if i found the secret like a firmer wrist or more/less bounce wedge if it would be more consistent.

I'd love to try it, but I just realized I won't be able to make it work.  I play hockey (correction: playED, it's been awhile since my body could take the beating) so I think it (the motion, at least) would be pretty natural for me.  Except for one key problem ... I play hockey left handed.  Eh ... I'll try it anyway.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Datsyuk

And what non-USA country are you posting from this fine Tuesday November 6th evening.

Originally Posted by jd924

What makes you think everyone gives a shit about the election?

If you were in this country - he is assuming - that you would know that new shows wouldn't air during election night.  I suspect that is true about every Tuesday night show.  Doesn't mean you have to care.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

If you were in this country - he is assuming - that you would know that new shows wouldn't air during election night.  I suspect that is true about every Tuesday night show.  Doesn't mean you have to care.

i noticed a few shows last week (parks and rec, the office) weren't new either.  it might be one of those times where for a week or two, no new shows come on.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I was very disappointed to see a re-run this week.    Weird.........because my DVR is set to only record new episodes, but it recorded last weeks episode.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• Administrator
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I was very disappointed to see a re-run this week.    Weird.........because my DVR is set to only record new episodes, but it recorded last weeks episode.

Golf Channel almost never adds the "first run" or "repeat" tag to their broadcasts. DVRs (DirecTV, Dish, etc.) all rely on that tag being set to know whether to record the show.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Anthony reminds me a lot of that guy on BB Disney with the goatee who finished third. He kept using a "I'm playing with house money" mentality and it served him well deep into the competition.

Really glad to see the grass eating Chan go. I had enough when he slow rolled Sas with his 21. Anthony slow rolled a bit as well, but not as badly as Chan did there. It was nice to see Rick beat him with his C-minus game.

I will miss Chan's antics though (and his solid putting), which I admit are entertaining. At least I still have Brian for that.

Constantine

So I usually go watch the latest episode on Wednesday online, avoiding all news of who got the walk of shame and stupid golf channel has the last break posted b/t stuart and chan instead... what a pisser.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

So I usually go watch the latest episode on Wednesday online, avoiding all news of who got the walk of shame and stupid golf channel has the last break posted b/t stuart and chan instead... what a pisser.

Yea, and I hate being the first person to post about the last episode because it appears in the introductory text box on the main pages... I tried to keep it deeper into my post so spoilers could be avoided. Hopefully no one got hosed.

Constantine

I really enjoyed this weeks episode...........

Rick Cochran is one of the best players IMO..... He played like crap and ended up where he deserved in the elimination challenge this week.  I really like Rick, and I liked his attitude when picking a competitor for the elimination challenge!!  I seriously liked his attitude!!!!!!!!

The quality of the opponents golf game meant absolutely nothing during the selection process. Rick was annoyed by Chan and his antics and he wanted to take him out.  Nothing more...nothing less....I love it....... Chan performed well in previous elimination challenges and it didn't matter. Rick wanted to take him out......and he did it.

This was a fun episode...IMO

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 4158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!