IGNORED

Numbers Thread

iacas

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I had to edit Post #35 because a picture of a quarter and a dime is not an image showing the number "35". Consequently, Ernest Jones is blocked from participating in this thread. Sorry. Follow the rules.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I was playing earlier this week with a neighbor. He and I were paired up with a couple of other guys. They were perfectly nice guys. One of them, lost a ball on the first hole. Oddly, we all thought he striped it down the middle of the fairway, but we couldn't find it anywhere. Anyway, he went back to the tee, hit a drive into the rough, hit an approach into the bunker, blasted out, 2 putted for a triple bogey. He parred the next 3 holes. Made a birdie on the toughest hole on the course (hole number 5). Then par, par, par. Before making another triple on hole 9. He finished the front 9 with a 5 over 41. Which he said was disappointing. I could see why. The triple on the first was bummer (a lost ball we all thought was down the middle.) The triple on the last was one of those hit it into trouble, tried to make the heroic save, got in more trouble, kind-of-deals.  The back nine, all of us parred hole 10, a par 5. (I was disappointed on this one as I reached the green in 2.) 3 putts suck! He topped his drive on 11. He saved bogie. Topped another drive on 12, saved par. 13 is a longish (188 yards) par 3. He topped another tee-shot this time with an iron. Then he hit into the bunker, knocked it out, 2 putted to a double bogey.  Then he took his bag off the cart and walked back to the club-house. He told his partner, he was losing his game and knew it wouldn't come back. So he just left.  His buddy told me and my neighbor that he plays with this guy all the time and that he can't remember how many times this guy has just given up mid-round and walked off. I guess it happens all the time.  We all spent the final 5 holes discussing whether it was better to just "walk off" the course when you don't feel you are playing well. Or to stick it out and try to recover. What do you all think?
    • So there's a booster for Moderna now? I thought they were saying the Moderna efficacy didn't drop like the prize one did? Like Pfizer dropped to 70 something but Moderna stayed in the 90s after 6 months?
    • Welcome to The Sand Trap! Thanks for posting. First, you are flexible and look pretty athletic, which helps. In the down the line swing, you can see you are coming in a little out-to-in or over the top, which can lead to the pull slices you mentioned. In the face on, you can see you also flip a bit, as you mentioned. You don’t shift your weight much forward during the downswing, which can cause this. Below are a couple of threads. First is the Five Simply Keys thread, 5SK. The 5SK are the common things all good golf swing have and is not a swing method, but a guide so to speak. Key 2, for example, is weight forward at impact. This may be something you should look at. There are video drills for each Key in the thread. The second thread was started by the site owner during the pandemic lockdown last year when courses were close. It is an excellent collection of drills to work on. The first five are full swing drills. They start with backswing and go through impact. Proper backswing sequence and position can help set up a good downswing sequence. Check them out. Lastly, We like to get to know our members here on TST and one of the things that helps is when members choose a unique avatar for themselves. Please add one (here's a guide to help if you're not sure how).    And we have lots of other topics here on the site. Check them out as well and join in the conversations.  
    • I don’t know enough about it to answer intelligently, but it seems a bit different  than what my instructors want me to do. An example is the long arc drill where we try to slow down release or wrist turnover through to A9 and keep palmar flexion a bit longer. This would keep the face open longer. For me, it may be because it would help my face to path be more consistent at impact. It seems to be a timing scenario if you let the face rotate freely. I think it should be ‘happens’ but training it with gate drills for start line may help. if I use my ‘spirit animal’ PGA Pro example, from my Evolvr instructor, I would say the number would be a lot less. It’s hard to tell from the image below, but it looks like Zack’s face is more closed at A6. So basically, I will do what my instructor tells me I should do.😀
    • Been around for way longer than that pre 1900 The Urquehart -  Antique Golf Clubs from Scotland: Clubmakers  
  • Today's Birthdays

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...