IGNORED

Callaway Introduces 2013 X Forged Irons!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Man, these are beautiful. I've been planning on going to AP2's this spring but I'm going to have to test these as well.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

Do you know if dropping the RAZR name is going to be a common thing among the Callaway line this coming year? [quote name="goob3r" url="/t/62847/callaway-introduces-2013-x-forged-irons/0_30#post_779986"]Man, these are beautiful. I've been planning on going to AP2's this spring but I'm going to have to test these as well. [/quote] These do look more AP2 like than, say, [URL=https://www.golfsmith.com/images/ca2030.jpg]this older X Forged. [/URL]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

Do you know if dropping the RAZR name is going to be a common thing among the Callaway line this coming year?

These do look more AP2 like than, say, this older X Forged.

They're going with X now. Z is over.

RaXeR Tour for mid to high handicappers

RaXeR BlaydX for beginners

RaXeR HeadX for Women

RaXeR X Proto for low cappers and people with high aspirations

RaXeR X Proto Tour Only for Quiros and Mickelson

Originally Posted by Datsyuk

They're going with X now. Z is over.

RaXeR Tour for mid to high handicappers

RaXeR BlaydX for beginners

RaXeR HeadX for Women

RaXeR X Proto for low cappers and people with high aspirations

RaXeR X Proto Tour Only for Quiros and Mickelson

Is this a joke post? Or legit?  I used to love Rax sandwiches by the way.  They wrere sliced beef - like Arby's - but they had a nice sauce with them.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Ptitigre

Compared to the current RAZR X Forged, will the new 2013 X Forged be easier to play? From which handicap can we consider to play with such irons? They are really beautiful.

Go for it (they look like game inprovement irons compared to the older versions).

Beautiful.  Can't wait to try em out and see how they compare to my Razr X HLs.

-Scott

Flight Stand Bag

RAZR Fit Driver

RAZR X HL Irons 4-PW, GW

Tech Series Glove

Black Series Tour Putter

NXT Tour Golf Balls

Got to hit a couple 5 irons yesterday and these things are the real deal.  I would say more forgiving than the Razr X-Forged, launches higher and to my eye (not sure if it's true) there is more camber to the sole. Camber helps golf clubs, particularly irons, move more smoothly across the turf, or dig less into the ground when taking divots.  The top line is also thinner than the Razr X Forged and the size from toe to heel is similar.  Really great looking club that's very playable.

Some pics

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Beautiful irons for sure if they hit half as well as they look should be very nice sticks, too bad I got a good price on Razor X Tours end of last year. Anyway all is not lost I really like the smooth feel of the razor X Tour's.

What did you think of the PXi in these, Mike? Been playing KBS Tour happily for a couple of years now, but it never hurts to shop around.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

What did you think of the PXi in these, Mike? Been playing KBS Tour happily for a couple of years now, but it never hurts to shop around.

The PXi's were beautiful looking.  I saw the club in person and while I didn't hit it, they looked like a million bucks.  Very interested in these shafts for my next set.

For the few shots I hit, they felt pretty good.  I think it's an interesting idea to go a little lighter in clubs like these.  For guys that buy these off the rack and that have moderate to fast swing speeds, they'll probably perform better for them than a standard Project X.  Lighter, pick up a little speed, and a slightly softer feel.  They definitely look cool Players with higher swing speeds will probably order it with a different shaft but I'm just speculating.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Not too bad - though, to be honest, I could do with even less logo/art.  Simpler = better for me.

They remind me a bit of the Apex Plus or Apex Edge Pro.  ...I have a set of those (Plus - not Pro), and I've wished I could buy a new set. Maybe this is the logical replacement...  Hmmm...  (If anyone knows of a better modern equivalent of the Apex Plus, please let me know!)

• 1 month later...

I play a set of Diablo Forged irons and love them but I am ready to get another set just to get another set....a problem i know....I had my eye on the mp 59 mizzys but these are looking like they may give those a run for their money! as far as bag chatter I always use iron covers with forged clubs plus I walk so my clubs look brand new no matter what!

Does anyone have set composition and loft specs on these puppies? Specifically, will they offer a 2 iron and/or a "numbered" gap wedge, like they do with the existing RAZR X-Forged?

These look amazing, BTW. I've been playing a set of TA X-Prototypes for 2 years now (which I love), but these have really caught my eye...

No 2 iron. Gap wedge is a "maybe", according to the Cally guys on Twitter.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

No 2 iron. Gap wedge is a "maybe", according to the Cally guys on Twitter.

Who is hitting a 2 iron these days?

If they are... And concerned that the X-forged doesn't have a 2 iron, then maybe they should checkout the new X Utility as a replacement??

And if for whatever reason that doesn't suit your eye... Then honestly, I'd consider the RAZR X Musclebacks.  I hit them at the Ely Performance Center in Carlsbad during our visit this past Spring, and they were not only beautiful, but felt pure.  Oh, and they have a 2i in the set.

I love the look and feel of their musclebacks.

If I ever get good, I'll bag those.

In the meantime, think I'm leaning towards the Legacy Black over the X-Forged. If only to annoy you guys in America, where you can't get them.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

Note: This thread is 3918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!