IGNORED

Poor GC Management

eich41
Note: This thread is 4145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone put the common in all this, drinking was involved or stuppid parents letting the kid do somthing we all know is not good parenting.

From me as much as I like to have a cool beer on a hot day i am there to play. Now the 19th is a different story, but in the end golf is suppose to be a gentleman's sport.

I think ghalfaire is right the more you play the more of a chance you will have this experiance and I am sure everyone has a story or two.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by caniac6

Unfortunatley, I think a lot of bad behavior is now  overlooked because the golf economy is so flat. A lot of golf courses turn a blid eye to things because they are afraid to run off customers. What they don't understand, is that the the players that been affected by knuckleheads, will not come back. Mabye rangers shoud have a device that can disable golf carts of players that get abusive. Most rangers are older guys, and showing a spine to a bunch of young abusive drunks is only going to inflame a bad situation. He has very little authority if the head pro won't back him up.

I think this post pretty well sums it up, most golf courses are struggling and just turn their head when drunks get out of hand on the golf course for fear of running business off.  I don't mind people drinking and having a good time but they usually get too drunk and then it affects people around them.  The golf courses do need to address these issues.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't someone get a DUI for operating a golf cart under the influence?

If so, there's a strong deterrent right there. ..in theory, at least. Obviously it would have to be enforced, presumably by the rangers. I guess it comes down to how badly clubs want to crack down on it. But I think they have the law on their side.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't someone get a DUI for operating a golf cart under the influence?

If so, there's a strong deterrent right there. ..in theory, at least. Obviously it would have to be enforced, presumably by the rangers. I guess it comes down to how badly clubs want to crack down on it. But I think they have the law on their side.

I'm not for certain, but I believe you can only receive a DUI if you're driving on public property.  I can get plowed and tear up my back yard in my vehicle and it doesn't matter.   Not sure if there is legal ramifications there or not.

Golf carts are not allowed on public roads, so they are in fact not a vehicle. I doubt you can be pulled over for a DUI in that regard.

I don't mind drinking on the golf course, but be responsible, and if golf courses have to, let the cart girls keep track of the drinks and have a 2-3 drink max. Cut them off.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golf carts are not allowed on public roads, so they are in fact not a vehicle. I doubt you can be pulled over for a DUI in that regard.  I don't mind drinking on the golf course, but be responsible, and if golf courses have to, let the cart girls keep track of the drinks and have a 2-3 drink max. Cut them off.

They are allowed to cross the streets when the course takes them that way - we did have one guy getting a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign. Limiting people to 2-3 drinks is a bit extreme - it's not the amount one drinks - it is their behavior.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Crossing a street, is crossing at cross walk, meaning they are in the same category as a pedestrian. In no way is that driving on the street in the direction of motor vehicles or acting like a motor vehicle. If its a private drive, they can do what they want.

In ohio Bicycle are considered vehicles on the roadway, meaning not allowed to be ridden on crosswalk were pedestrians walk.

Also, the amount of drinks determines on behavior. Alcohal is a lowers inhibition, meaning lowers the ability to think logically and conduct ones self is a respectful manor. Some people can not act like an idiot while drunk, but that depends on demeanor of the person. Many can't control themselves. So limiting the drinks will allow them to enjoy the drink with out giving them the chance to lower the inhibition to a point were they will start acting out. its the same as a bartender cutting a person off who starts to become unruly.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Golf carts are not allowed on public roads, so they are in fact not a vehicle. I doubt you can be pulled over for a DUI in that regard.

Just FYI, carts are allowed on public roads in many areas.  Depends on the local laws and vehicle codes.

Bill

My wife and I play the local "muni's" here in Tampa because they allow you to walk. We had an interesting incident on Sunday with a group of Asian gentlemen playing a 7-some when we caught up to them. One of the gentlemen came over and tried to explain that his buddy just showed up and they were going to break up. So they break up and back up the course even more. We walked in after the 16th hole and told the starter what they were doing and he acted like he was gonna do something about it but at that point what was the difference. I just won't go back and spend $ at that particular golf course.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Eich41, why did you not ask for the head pro back at the clubhouse or the resort manager, explain that the lack of course managment made your round unplayable, and ask for a refund or rain check?  If he/she gave you any crap about it, ask whose responsibility managing groups on the course is, if not the resort's employees' responsibility.  If he or she refused to do anything for you, such as at least a 9-hole refund, I'd say "Look, we can do this the easy way or the hard way.  You either have some integrity and demonstrate some concern for customer service, or I call my bank and do a chargeback on my credit card - ball's in your court, you decide how you plan to handle this."  Businesses don't like credit card chargebacks because they waste a lot of time and more often than not, are resolved in the cardholder's favor.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Originally Posted by zipazoid

In Britain, yes you can, especially if you steal one in the early hours to go on the freeway to get food from the nearest service area, a Welsh Rugby legend, Mr Andy Powell: -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/news/7351806/Andy-Powell-given-driving-ban-after-golf-buggy-prank.html

I had an experience like this playing with my brother at a local public golf course I know it was a public golf course but the behavior was still ridicules the group in front us would hit about ten balls of the tee on every hole losing most of them then spend another five minutes driving back and forth around the fairway before hitting needless to say this slowed down play immensely and backed up the course I called the club house and they did absolutely nothing we would have confronted them but there where four of them and they had been drinking the whole time so we decided it wouldn't help anything it took around 3 and a half hours to play nine holes. These are the kind of people that keep me from playing sometimes I am all for having fun but you cant hold up the entire course and ruin everyones experience while doing it.

Want that group to speed up? Drive past them and skip to the next tee. Go back and play the hole later. Guarantee they will speed up and try and catch you so they can go past you. They won't if they're spraying everywhere so don't worry. The groups now behind THEM will thank you as well. Done it a few times- trick is timing the pass. IF they all drive off to one side to look for the balls (and spend their entitled 5 minutes) slip past on the opposite side of the fairway.

Note: This thread is 4145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!