IGNORED

Fixing the picture at A6

Note: This thread is 4110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All,

I've finally got my basement set up for practicing and have been using my camera a lot to get an idea as to where I'm at. One thing I see that needs work is my club head position at A6, it is outside of my hands which I believe to be OTT. I plan on working on it this evening, I figure the Pump Drill with focusing on driving the butt of the grip more to the right should help change my path.

Anyone have suggestions of good drills to help me change the picture here?

I have a my swing thread but it is pretty outdated so probably not much help there, the video quality isn't great either as I was woefully under equipped camera wise. New camera can shoot 240 fps which seems to be plenty.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've always liked putting an object just outside my target line next to the ball that I need to miss in order to prevent going over the top, like a headcover or something soft like that.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

I've always liked putting an object just outside my target line next to the ball that I need to miss in order to prevent going over the top, like a headcover or something soft like that.

A shipping box for a golf club, which I'm sure we all have plenty of, works great for this.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Originally Posted by smellysell

A shipping box for a golf club, which I'm sure we all have plenty of, works great for this.

Thanks, I'll try working on this for a couple of days and see what the camera says.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Interesting. I spent the afternoon hitting balls with a big cardboard placed about 2inches back from my ball and tight to my target line, even did a few swings with the box angled slightly inside-out.

Brushed the box a few times but mostly missed it. Thing is....on high speed film, at a6, my club head is still outside (to the left of, I'm a righty) my hands in the DTL vids. I'm using a net so I have no idea if my ball is curving  left to right. Is it possible to swing inside-out or straight through with this position at a6?

I'm wondering if I should ignore this issue for now and go back to just working on contact for now until I can get some real range time. Just don't to spend all winter ingraining a flaw that will take forever to get rid of

I'm going to throw a video up in my swing in case anyone feels like chiming in.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Thing is....on high speed film, at a6, my club head is still outside (to the left of, I'm a righty) my hands in the DTL vids.

that would be inside , i believe.

Colin P.

that would be inside, i believe.

Lol, Yeah, I guess I'm a dyslexic righty.... I meant to say to the right of my hands in a DTL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Have you tried mimicking an exaggerated in to out downswing, like Steve Strickers downswing? Do some slo mo downswings where you have the club way way inside, then repeat for your real swing.

Colin P.

Have you tried mimicking an exaggerated in to out downswing, like Steve Strickers downswing? Do some slo mo downswings where you have the club way way inside, then repeat for your real swing.

I've been working on trying to bank my trail foot more to prevent my trail knee from kicking in too much on the downswing. I'll try the Stricker thing too. Ultimately I think I just need to get some real range time instead of the net just to see what kind of curvature I'm getting.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I've been working on trying to bank my trail foot more to prevent my trail knee from kicking in too much on the downswing. I'll try the Stricker thing too. Ultimately I think I just need to get some real range time instead of the net just to see what kind of curvature I'm getting.

there is a great pic somewhere on this forum that shows the path of strickers downswing, and how far inside hes coming from.  its not necessarily a good thing (he makes it work) but visually its great to picture and emulate in a practice downswing/pump drill.

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 4110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!