IGNORED

2013 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The CBS simulcast coverage is working now too.  I was unable to select it from the PGA Tour website, but going to cbs.sportsline.com and then clicking on the "watch live" link makes it work.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I thought it was the most entertaining segment of the whole day (other than watching Tiger, of course).  Also, am I the only one that finds Gary McCord much funnier than Feherty?  While both can be overbearing at times and often cheesy, Gary at least seems to be organically comic, whereas David seems to be trying too hard at times.

Sometimes yes.  I go back and forth between the two of them with those same descriptions.  Sometimes I feel like McCord goes way to far with the cheese (Pretty sure we'll see it next week with his coverage of 16 in Phoenix) and other times he seems natural.  Feherty too ... sometimes his little quips seem too rehearsed.

P.S.  The lady interviewing the Adidas shoe guy?  Yum.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watching on the live link allows for audio during commercials.  Some of the audio is funny.  After that horrible tee shot by Tiger on the first, the guys at the fence kept yelling at the camera "Give us the ruling Feherty!  What does it mean Feherty?!?"

LOL, he was illustrating how the fans were too close and swung his driver head to within inches of a spectator's face.

The commercial break audio is pretty telling.  Before and after Tiger's groups' shots you get a ton of chatter and yelling.  During commercial break they showed Snedeker's group teeing off and there was dead silence except for what sounded like 5 people clapping after one guy hit the fairway, and then some inaudible comments between Sneds and his playing partners.  It really is a different sport when you're playing in that final group with Tiger.

We are being treated to some seriously bad golf.

Some of it looks like it could originate from a better Saturday foursome.

But at least the Tiger from 2002-2009 has returned - "The Scrambler" is back.

And that has nothing to do with Foley.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

We are being treated to some seriously bad golf.

Some of it looks like it could originate from a better Saturday foursome.

Tigers tee shots, sure ... but the recovery shots from under the trees and out of the bunkers?  Not so much ;)

Regarding everybody else ... at this rate, it's quite possible that Rickie Fowler (among others) could end up in 3rd place while eating a late lunch.

Alright ... another important tee shot coming up for Tiger ... where's it going?

20-1 odds it ends up on the hang glider runway!

Good shot Tiger!  (He's going to have to get clarification from his caddy what that really short green stuff is beneath his ball)

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Good shot Tiger!  (He's going to have to get clarification from his caddy what that really short green stuff is beneath his ball)

LOL LOL!!!

god, the pace today is brutal...

Colin P.

i really really like that Tigs isnt scared to pull out the driver.  after those first two drivers today (big block and then over-draw) you might expect him to be gun-shy, but so far, hes not, and has put it in the fairway two times in a row now.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

i really really like that Tigs isnt scared to pull out the driver.  after those first two drivers today (big block and then over-draw) you might expect him to be gun-shy, but so far, hes not, and has put it in the fairway two times in a row now.

The course is long - and the fairways are tight... But there is a lot of room to miss.  So I'm not surprised that he is still whaling on the driver.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Tigers tee shots, sure ... but the recovery shots from under the trees and out of the bunkers?  Not so much ;)

Regarding everybody else ... at this rate, it's quite possible that Rickie Fowler (among others) could end up in 3rd place while eating a late lunch.

Just saw a smooth push draw from Tiger off the driver. It was a good result.

As I stated in my edit above, the "Scrambler" from 2002-09 is back ... at least this week.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Just saw a smooth push draw from Tiger off the driver. It was a good result.

As I stated in my edit above, the "Scrambler" from 2002-09 is back ... at least this week.

i dont know Des, i think for most (not all) of this tourney Tigs has been really straight, and the irons have been magical.  he hasnt had to rely on scrambling as much as in the past - im not saying he hasnt scrambled, that bunker shot was awesome, fantastic punch slice to get back in the fairway...

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 4112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!