IGNORED

2013 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I am pulling for Mike Weir to do well. Β Seems like a good dude and he really had a bad injury. Β I like his swing. Β Did you see the "extra" effort shot from the rough? Β Made the announcers chuckle.

yeah, he had that Tiger back leg follow thru.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought it was more of a "Dancing with the Stars" follow through!!

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Some thoughts from walking the South and North yesterday - not the wholeΒ place of course but more than usual.Β  A very good day overall.

Snedeker was really enjoying himself, he seemed to be smiling the whole time I saw him.Β  Very relaxed and smooth action.Β  He was already 6 under at around 2.

Mike Weir looked very sharp esp. with his irons.Β  I saw him lay up from the rough on a parΒ 4 and said to my friend, "Good decision.Β  Going for the green was too risky and he could easilyΒ make par from here with his short game" - which he proceeded to do.

My friend and IΒ were walking along the 14th talking about Phil's tax situation - my friend takes a different view and thinks he should just suck up the new higher CA taxΒ rate - when we noticed that his wife was walking rightΒ behind us with another woman.Β  Well, that was the end of THAT particular conversation .....Β  Phil's wife lookedΒ very good and seemed to be having a fine time, not that she was following herΒ husband's game very closely, at least for the couple holes we followed him - too busy chatting with her friend.Β  I hadn't realized that she's quite so petite.

I must sayΒ that Daly was looking good and fit.Β  His weight looks about rightΒ and unlike last time I didn't see him smoking - bravo!Β Β  I've always been a fan of Charles Howell III and it was good to see him playing so well and enjoying himself.Β  Never forget, it was here thatΒ he flew the ball rightΒ into the hole onΒ the approach shot on the 18th on Sunday with a one shot lead; the ball bouncedΒ out, ran down the slope and into the pond - loss of tournament.Β  That guy deserves to win a few more tourneys before he's done.

Beachcomber:Β  yes, theΒ rough wasΒ cutΒ shorter than I've ever seen atΒ Torrey.Β  Lots of guys were hitting greens from well off the fairway, hence some of the low scoring.

I can recommend the Schwab tent on the 17th fairway.Β  Cheers!

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 degΒ stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60Β Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

seeing as Keegan's having a horror im pulling for Harris English again.

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

yeah, he had that Tiger back leg follow thru.

Gary Player owns the "swing your back leg around on the followthrough" move for all time.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Why am I at work instead of at home watching Tiger?

:tmade:Β SLDR X-Stiff 12.5Β°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2Β° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Chris Wood is leading the Qatar Masters. I had no idea the British Open was being played this week! [quote name="Kieran123" url="/t/64363/2013-farmers-insurance-open-at-torrey-pines-discussion-thread/60_30#post_802823"]Why am I at work instead of at home watching Tiger? [/quote] I just got home. Two-shot lead woah!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

You know him?

Well, you know how Tiger has nicknames for all his buddies? I call Tiger nicknames and it's like we are buds too.

Colin P.

Well, you know how Tiger has nicknames for all his buddies? I call Tiger nicknames and it's like we are buds too.

And you followed the Tiger form of really lame, name-related nicknames. Well done.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note:Β This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!