IGNORED

2013 WM Phoenix Open Discussion Thread

tristanhilton85
Note: This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If he finishes eagle-birdie-eagle-birdie he can shoot another 60.  He already got the first eagle and 17 is drivable.  Crazier things have happened. I'm looking for him to finish 44 under par at the end of the day Sunday. :)

The PGA Tour's 36-hole (first two rounds) scoring record is 124. He needs one more birdie to break it.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Anybody know why Pat Perez got DQ'd?  Just curious.

[url=http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/perez-disqualified-after-signing-incorrect-scorecard/]Signing an incorrect scorecard.[/url] He wasn't making the cut, anyway.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Signing an incorrect scorecard. He wasn't making the cut, anyway.

Yeah, he was 2 over.

There are 132 players in this tournament (counting him, and Davis Love, who withdrew) and there are currently only 17 guys over par .  By their standards, I guess you would call this a pretty easy course. ;)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The PGA Tour's 36-hole (first two rounds) scoring record is 124. He needs one more birdie to break it.

He just doubled 18.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Quote:

He just doubled 18.

Phil being Phil.  Every time he has a chance to do something great, he somehow makes an unforced error.  He plays a 3W of the tee, then still doesn't play it safe.  Or did he just miss hit it that badly?  I expect that sort of shot from me, but a Tour pro should be able to play a safe tee shot with a 3W at least 95 out of 100 tries.  Then he follows it up after the drop with an equally poor approach.  I love the guy, but he's aging me faster than I can afford.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Blitz28179

Did anybody else notice ben crane getting pissed at someone in the stands on hole #16 today?wonder what that was about?

Can't imagine ... such a well behaved gallery.

Maybe someone sniffled during his backswing.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Originally Posted by WWBDD

The caddie races are a bit much.

I have to agree with you.

I do like that this tournament is unique with the fans making noise, and it's not like the players don't know this coming in.  Obviously the players don't seem to mind, if they did they wouldn't come here.

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWBDD

The caddie races are a bit much.

I have to agree with you.

I do like that this tournament is unique with the fans making noise, and it's not like the players don't know this coming in.  Obviously the players don't seem to mind, if they did they wouldn't come here.

And some don't, in part because of the soccer match atmosphere.  If I was a relatively successful pro, I'd probably skip it too.  Just doesn't belong in golf.  (jmo)

Rick

Phil is probably the only one disappointed in a 60-65 that should have been a 59 (with any good luck) and a 63, if he had used his analytical brain.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

So Phil hits his 9 iron 175 yards. What does he hit his 3 iron? Maybe 250? So he's got 7 clubs for 75 yards, 3 wedges for 0–170 and 3 woods/driver for 255–320? I guess these guys can probably hit their 7 iron 140 yards if they want to. It just seems inefficient.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Snedeker shoots three great rounds and he's 6 back when they tee off on Sunday.  All I can say about Phil is WOW!!

Rick

I am glad I had the foresight to pick Phil for my fantasy team as a starter....have Brandt too... Ouch....I just hurt myself while patting my own back...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by dsc123

So Phil hits his 9 iron 175 yards. What does he hit his 3 iron? Maybe 250? So he's got 7 clubs for 75 yards, 3 wedges for 0–170 and 3 woods/driver for 255–320?

I guess these guys can probably hit their 7 iron 140 yards if they want to. It just seems inefficient.

His 9i is 41*, which is 2-3* strong.  And he said that he always takes one less club on 16 and hits it hard because of the charged up nature of that hole and the adrenaline he typically feels on that tee.  And that ball pitched forward about 10 yds.  So, what you actually have is Phil hitting a 9+ iron full out and carrying it about 165.

Phil is very long, but when you look at it that way, it doesn't seem as quite as ridiculous.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by Fourputt

And some don't, in part because of the soccer match atmosphere.  If I was a relatively successful pro, I'd probably skip it too.  Just doesn't belong in golf.  (jmo)

I am total opposite of you.I love the football atmosphere(dont watch soccer).Wish we would see more courses like this.If I was a betting man I would bet money that in 10-20 yrs you will see more courses have a hole like #16.So guys that dont play it better start getting use to it

I have to agree with you. I do like that this tournament is unique with the fans making noise, and it's not like the players don't know this coming in.  Obviously the players don't seem to mind, if they did they wouldn't come here.

I guess you notice Tiger's not there. This is why.

Driver      -  K15 10.5 w/ Ping TFC149D Shaft in stiff

4 Wood   -  Rapture V2 17.5* Aldila S-75

Hybrid    -   Super Hybrid SS 19* w/ Matrix Program

Irons      -   i20's 3-W, UW, SW & LW w/ KBS Tour Stiff +1/2" White Dot

Putter    -   White Ice #9 33"

Ball       -   B330-S & B330-RXS

D2 Feel

Bragging about a 200 yard 7 iron is not golf.

Note: This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!