IGNORED

Where to play in Orlando???

Note: This thread is 3477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

+1 - Orange County Panther Lake is a tough course though, runs at a CR of 76 from the green tees, Crooked Cat is easier - wasn't that pricey when I played last summer at 40$ in the afternoon

Champions Gate is another good course specially the International course which is a links style course - 35$s or so for a late tee off

++1 for Orange County Panther Lake and Crooked Cat. Played there in Sept 2012 a reasonable rate.

I only go to Disney when I go down to Orlando. That said, the Palm and Magnolia courses are great courses. I'll be down again early October and I'm going to play one of those again.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I'm playing in Orlando next week.

Have a tee time for Hunter's Creek on Sunday and both Orange County National courses on Monday (Crooked Cat) and Tuesday (Panther).

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I'm playing in Orlando next week.

Have a tee time for Hunter's Creek on Sunday and both Orange County National courses on Monday (Crooked Cat) and Tuesday (Panther).

@jsgolfer , can I talk you out of Hunter's Creek?  You're gonna love the 2 OCN courses, but Hunter's Creek is barely mediocre with a bunch of better options available......

Here are just a couple:

http://www.bellacollina.com/golf/

http://www.eaglecreekgolf.info/course/

http://redtailgc.com/course/

http://www.golfsbw.com/course/

I'm happy to discuss other options too based on what you're looking for, where you're staying and price range.  Regardless though, have fun while you're down here! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

@jsgolfer , can I talk you out of Hunter's Creek?  You're gonna love the 2 OCN courses, but Hunter's Creek is barely mediocre with a bunch of better options available...... Here are just a couple: [URL=http://www.bellacollina.com/golf/]http://www.bellacollina.com/golf/[/URL] [URL=http://www.eaglecreekgolf.info/course/]http://www.eaglecreekgolf.info/course/[/URL] [URL=http://redtailgc.com/course/]http://redtailgc.com/course/[/URL] [URL=http://www.golfsbw.com/course/]http://www.golfsbw.com/course/[/URL] I'm happy to discuss other options too based on what you're looking for, where you're staying and price range.  Regardless though, have fun while you're down here!  :beer:

Hey Dave, You probably could talk me out of that course but my Dad likes the course, being a novice golfer he loves it.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Hey Dave,

You probably could talk me out of that course but my Dad likes the course, being a novice golfer he loves it.

Keep dad happy!

In David's bag....

• 2 weeks later...
Played Hunters Creek and you were finitely spot on, although Orange County National has just bought them. Both Crooked Cat and Panther Lake were awesome. They were $39 after 2:30 and if your an Orange County resident it was 29 for my Dad. I would play those two courses again for sure. 78 Hunters Creek, 41-37 blue tees, 72.7, 127, 6856 81 Crooked Cat, 41-40, orange tees, 73.7, 137, 6927 78 Panther Lake, 41-37, orange tees, 73.2, 132, 6849 Played TPC Cancun today, great layout, fairways were terrible, not worth the money I paid. Player Riviera Cancun Golf Cub tomorrow. Hopefully that one is in better shape.

-Jerry

Played Hunters Creek and you were finitely spot on, although Orange County National has just bought them. Both Crooked Cat and Panther Lake were awesome. They were $39 after 2:30 and if your an Orange County resident it was 29 for my Dad. I would play those two courses again for sure. 78 Hunters Creek, 41-37 blue tees, 72.7, 127, 6856 81 Crooked Cat, 41-40, orange tees, 73.7, 137, 6927 78 Panther Lake, 41-37, orange tees, 73.2, 132, 6849 Played TPC Cancun today, great layout, fairways were terrible, not worth the money I paid. Player Riviera Cancun Golf Cub tomorrow. Hopefully that one is in better shape.

Those are a couple of pretty good rounds for right out if the gate after the winter you guys have had! Glad you had fun. We get down to Cancun every now and then. Look forward to hearing how you liked RCGC. I've heard good things, but have never played it. Any chance you'll get to play Mayakoba?

In David's bag....

• 3 months later...

I have one day to play while here on business.  Out of the 3 courses (all on Golfnow for great deals), would you recommend Magnolia, Championsgate, or Grande Cypress New Course?

Personal preference would be Magnolia. I played it 3 weeks ago and am playing it again on Sunday.....it's in great shape right now. One other option to consider is Waldorf Astoria. VERY good prices on a GolfNow right now and it's a great course, usually a lot more expensive....

In David's bag....

I just noticed that Magnolia is for Greater Orlando residents.  Scratch that course.

Worse, it looks like they just aerated. Gonna have to change my plans for Sunday too! Wherever you decide, call to verify they haven't aerated.....it's that time of year.

In David's bag....

Skip Champions Gate! Cypress is the place to go. Champions is beat up and the service sucks! Cypress is tough but beautiful and challenging.

Of the two, I'd go with Cypress. Orange County National is always a top choice too. I prefer either of their 2 courses to Cypress.

In David's bag....

I'm with David, both Orange County are top botch. Play them every time I go to Orlando to visit parents.

-Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

In regards to Reunion, I organized a trip there about 2 years ago with 32 guys. I think we all liked the Palmer course the least, condos all around it. Watson was great but I think the Nicklaus course was the best of the 3. Down the street and through the wilderness with not much around. Many guys preferred Watson though.

Didn't see anyone mention the Ritz Carlton/JW Marriot course designed by Greg Norman. Great track, no homes on the course. Just you and wilderness. Similar to Waldorf but much more fair in my opinion. The Waldorf ate my lunch. Actually seen some decent deals if you stay at the JW Marriot (very nice) or Ritz (even nicer), and book a time on the course. We've also been able to book our group on the course without staying at either hotel. Caddies available.

Orange County is of course always a dependable choice. Never go wrong.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 3477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!