IGNORED

Best 3 Wood for off the Tee?

Note: This thread is 4076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has a 3 wood that they would recommend hitting off the tee? On my course we have around 4 holes that are too short for a driver and as much as I love my 910F, I am not a fan of using it off the tee. So I am looking for a 3 wood that I can hit off the tee and get good distance and also has a nice feeling when you hit it. Thanks!

R11 RIP Phenom 9.5 Deg.

910F 15 Deg. 

910H 19 Deg.

Ap2 710 5-PW Project X 6.0

54 Deg. and 60 Deg. 

Red X Custom

Most of the new ones have larger heads that make tee shots easier. I'd look into TaylorMade, Adams, and Callaway specifically.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the reply! I know the new Taylormade RBZ stage 2 are suppoesed to be very long so I will probably give those a shot.

R11 RIP Phenom 9.5 Deg.

910F 15 Deg. 

910H 19 Deg.

54 Deg. and 60 Deg. 

Red X Custom

Alright guys thanks for all the recommendations. Since I work at my local country club I got to hit the new RBZ today and it was ridiculous. Im anxiously awaiting for the club to receive the new X-Hots! Thanks for all the recommendations, I appreciate it! And on a side note has anyone hit the new AMP Cell clubs? Our club does not carry Cobra clubs anymore but they look pretty nice.

R11 RIP Phenom 9.5 Deg.

910F 15 Deg. 

910H 19 Deg.

54 Deg. and 60 Deg. 

Red X Custom

Originally Posted by SRGOLFER43

Alright guys thanks for all the recommendations. Since I work at my local country club I got to hit the new RBZ today and it was ridiculous. Im anxiously awaiting for the club to receive the new X-Hots! Thanks for all the recommendations, I appreciate it! And on a side note has anyone hit the new AMP Cell clubs? Our club does not carry Cobra clubs anymore but they look pretty nice.

I was going to recommend the Cobras. I have Cobra woods, an older S2 driver and S3 3w and 7w. I love the 3w off the tee or on the fairway. The new Amp feels great but I'm not ready to upgrade yet. But when I am I'll definetly go with a Cobra.

Originally Posted by cooke119

I was going to recommend the Cobras. I have Cobra woods, an older S2 driver and S3 3w and 7w. I love the 3w off the tee or on the fairway. The new Amp feels great but I'm not ready to upgrade yet. But when I am I'll definetly go with a Cobra.

They look awesome and especially now that you can choose what color and all. I will probably go to a local golf shop that carries all brands and check out the new AMP's. Thanks!

R11 RIP Phenom 9.5 Deg.

910F 15 Deg. 

910H 19 Deg.

54 Deg. and 60 Deg. 

Red X Custom

I really like the X Hot off of the tee, I'm using the Pro version which is a slightly smaller head. The standard has a larger head that may be more confidence inspiring off of the tee. I believe they are going to release a slightly larger and deeper faced version as well, like the F-D model from Titleist for the player looking for a 3 wood to use as a driver replacement.

Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Matrix Ozik 7M3

Callaway X Hot Pro Mayrix Ozik 8M3

Callaway X Hot Pro 18* Matrix Ozik HM2

Callaway X Forged 2013 3-PW Project X PXi

Callaway Forged 52* & 58* Project X PXi

Odyssey Versa #9

Callaway HEX Black Tour

Well based on some of the replies it looks like the next clubs I have to try out are the XHot and the Amp. I have a 910F now and before I bought it I tryed out the F-d version and there wasnt a huge difference for me, so I just went the the 910F.

R11 RIP Phenom 9.5 Deg.

910F 15 Deg. 

910H 19 Deg.

54 Deg. and 60 Deg. 

Red X Custom

The Titleist 910FD or now 913FD is designed for off the tee, it's a bomber, but not great from the fairway, the RBZ is probably your best bet.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

I'd recommend the old RBZ over the new one for higher handicappers . The old one had a 197cc head but the new one is only 175cc so it does look smaller at address. It's purely a confidence thing for me. I see a bigger head against the ball and am happier I'm going to make good contact.

Plus you can pick up one quite cheaply at the moment as they've just released the new one!

Maybe the RBZ, et al, would be a good choice for some people. But I picked up one of those FTiZ 13* 3 woods off of Rockottom a few months ago... whoa- what a great 3 wd off the tee. Especially into the wind- I hit a very high ball with the driver and in the wind it will balloon more times than not. The FT would drive out and roll with a much more penetrating ball flight, getting back more distance overall. My regular 3wd (15*) is better for fairway use and first cut shots. The FT is also much more workable for some reason- I am able to fade or draw pretty easily depending on the shot. Just figured I would put that out there for some folks who might be on a budget and can't 'swing' the RBZ and the like. And- as a bonus- it will the perfect club for a certain troublesome hole that requires a specific length off the tee to make the corner, but NOT go through the fairway and into that new trap they put in a few years ago. (sharp dogleg right 6th at Islands End) The old 3 wood would generally not quite make it (usually into a prevailing wind) over the trap on the inside corner, or be too far back if I play out to the left a bit to avoid that one. This new one *should* make that carry or be long enough to get to the corner but stop before the far trap leaving an 8I or less instead of a 5 or 6 from further back if I played out left.

Today I went out and played 9 holes. I took the new RBZ stage 2 demo with me and I hit it well, not as well as I hoped. Hopefully when the new XHot comes into the pro shop I'll try that out. Also. the course is running a huge sale on all the ping I,K,and G 20's. Anyone have any thoughts or have hit one?

R11 RIP Phenom 9.5 Deg.

910F 15 Deg. 

910H 19 Deg.

54 Deg. and 60 Deg. 

Red X Custom

I've tried all three ping models and the i was my favourite. Back to the original post, personally I've found the rocketballz stage 1 to be awesome. I use the tour model with the stiff shaft and still hit it great off a tee.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Note: This thread is 4076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!