IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

No, it’s my primary driver now.

I think the tense I white and blue are really close. I have a tense I white in my hybrid and don’t see much issue. 

Oh nice!  Yeah we kept going back and forth between the blue and white because it was fairly close as well.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/31/2021 at 12:58 PM, cipher said:

I just asked for more consistency but we found that with about 15 yards of extra carry as well. 

Dayuuuum. I honestly did not think it's possible to find that much in a fitting at ANY level!! Ima find me one...  

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it yesterday. Not PXG's fault but FedEx is a mess. I took it to the range last night and I absolutely love this thing.

2.jpg\

1.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Looks different.. controlled. 

Yeah, sorry I should have mentioned that I am working a bit on staying in my spine angle and covering the ball a bit more through impact.  Less pulling my upper body and head away from the ball in the downswing. It is leading to some good shots, some very low shots and some right side peelers. Does look more controlled and balanced overall though.

• Upvote 1

Nate

On 9/14/2021 at 8:26 PM, cipher said:

Yeah, sorry I should have mentioned that I am working a bit on staying in my spine angle and covering the ball a bit more through impact.  Less pulling my upper body and head away from the ball in the downswing. It is leading to some good shots, some very low shots and some right side peelers. Does look more controlled and balanced overall though.

Working on the same things. I adjusted the the grip slightly stronger which is getting more height back for me. I still miss right though(actually more often which is weird to me) especially if I hold off the overtaking too much. Without much direction right now I have been trying a few things. After this video I started working a little bit on getting that hands and club a bit deeper again in the BS. It is straightening the shots out for me, I am just worried about not overdoing it and letting the hooks creep back in. I'll likely need to introduce more hold off as I get a bit deeper. I'm not sure I will keep with that feel or not. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Nate

I'll be playing a local 9 hole course this weekend that was built in 1893 with these beauties.  These are not vintage but are replica's made by Louisville Golf and Tad Moore. 

4A55F56D-E213-4B00-810C-1A09DCB2B604.JPG

0E169A3E-AA12-4294-AF2A-F68422FF742B.JPG

035567B8-54A0-499F-AB89-F7A914A2AE78.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nate

I still need to add a bit of depth in the backswing with a bit less height, but just with the “covering” feel so far here are some results. It is really helping my shots on the course, especially with the driver and bringing more consistency to it. This is probably the second biggest positive change in my swing I have experienced.

DD1B7C93-4DFA-457C-85D3-654E29B4481A.jpeg

02654B3C-2BC5-41A9-A3E5-033E1448424A.jpeg

Edited by cipher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nate

2A257D60-3816-4BCD-9323-957B37607FD4.jpeg

Nate

FE1F0310-F5D1-42B9-9EB3-C187658307D4.jpeg

I played Eagle Springs which is a nine hole course built in 1893, considered the oldest golf course in Wisconsin. The course is really too short for much of a challenge with modern clubs but it was a blast playing my first hickory round there. Something about the simplicity of having just a few clubs, no range finder and the challenge of playing these clubs is just a blast. The approach shots are really a challenge. Often you need to land them short and bounce them onto the green to hold a green. I don’t think this will be the predominant way I will play golf in the future but certain courses, I’ll likely only play this way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nate

Is that the full set? What are shaft flex like? You outta get some ballatas for the comprehensive experience. Featheries are prolly all mummified. 

Vishal S.

2 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Is that the full set? What are shaft flex like? You outta get some ballatas for the comprehensive experience. Featheries are prolly all mummified. 

No, I also have a putter and am looking for a more lofted wedge to add as well, but it will be just 6 clubs when I am done.  Some guys carry more. My 3 irons right now are as follows: #2 Mid Iron(24*-weak 4/strong5), #5 Mashie(36*- 7 iron), #8 Niblick(48*- PW). All the shafts are "stiff" however you cannot transition these clubs in the downswing like a modern club.  There is not such thing as stiff really. Especially with the longer ones. You have to basically swing them very smooth. I "feel" about a 50% speed with them. 

I am just playing the Callaway Supersoft for now. It is something like 30ish compression. 

On getting more period specific golf balls: 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nate

34 minutes ago, cipher said:

No, I also have a putter and am looking for a more lofted wedge to add as well, but it will be just 6 clubs when I am done.  Some guys carry more. My 3 irons right now are as follows: #2 Mid Iron(24*-weak 4/strong5), #5 Mashie(36*- 7 iron), #8 Niblick(48*- PW). I am just playing the Callaway Supersoft for now. It is something like 30ish compression. 

On getting more period specific golf balls: 

Not a bad set. Interesting about the balls. Now terribly curious myself. 

36 minutes ago, cipher said:

All the shafts are "stiff" however you cannot transition these clubs in the downswing like a modern club.  There is not such thing as stiff really. Especially with the longer ones. You have to basically swing them very smooth. I "feel" about a 50% speed with them. 

It would prolly drive me nuts at first. But I am assuming a good resonant swing feels awesome. Seems like these would be fun to play with at the Sandbox. 

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

It would prolly drive me nuts at first. But I am assuming a good resonant swing feels awesome. Seems like these would be fun to play with at the Sandbox. 

Yeah they feel and sound really nice. I actually thought about playing the sandbox with them as well. I am playing Lac La Belle again on Monday for an outing and supposedly when they re-designed it they allowed for a lot of run-up holes. I don't remember for sure but I will check next Monday. If it is more fun to play with hickory clubs that would be great because that course pretty much takes driver out of my hand and I am not a fan of that course otherwise very much. 

Nate

9 hours ago, cipher said:

FE1F0310-F5D1-42B9-9EB3-C187658307D4.jpeg

I played Eagle Springs which is a nine hole course built in 1893, considered the oldest golf course in Wisconsin. The course is really too short for much of a challenge with modern clubs but it was a blast playing my first hickory round there. Something about the simplicity of having just a few clubs, no range finder and the challenge of playing these clubs is just a blast. The approach shots are really a challenge. Often you need to land them short and bounce them onto the green to hold a green. I don’t think this will be the predominant way I will play golf in the future but certain courses, I’ll likely only play this way.

Sounds like fun! Did you talk with a Scottish accent and call everyone ‘Laddie’?😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Sounds like fun! Did you talk with a Scottish accent and call everyone ‘Laddie’?😜

Absolutely, it's a requirement! 😉

• Funny 1

Nate

• 3 weeks later...

I am still working on covering the ball at impact, however to make it easier and better, my instructor has my trying to remove some extension and chest to the sky look that I tent to get before I transition down.  I went to the range this afternoon and felt like I was doing this move well and feeling huge differences.  I have to laugh because when I look at the video I was maybe fractionally better.  I've tried this move before and struggled with it, but I will stick with working on it this time and eventually I will improve the picture. 

Nate

Note: This thread is 905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!