IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

As I was saying this has to pretty much be the main reason for the hooks here.  I am in a very closed position at A4 on the right compared to late last summer on the left.  Even though the hips are  improving, I will probably hook from this spot if I do not have that face open to begin with.

Yes. And don't lose track of a little more side tilt. Your swing is getting a bit flat. Steepen the shoulders a bit (just a little more left side bending, hip and spine). A little.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes. And don't lose track of a little more side tilt. Your swing is getting a bit flat. Steepen the shoulders a bit (just a little more left side bending, hip and spine). A little.

Yeah I am losing track of that a bit.  I will keep working on that.  Thanks.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Well, this is the second time I have had a problem with my Ping i20 irons.  I noticed why my 9 iron was acting like it was on steroids.  The insert from the weight port had fallen out.  Instead of being D0 it was a C8.  Thankfully Ping's customer service is always great and I am sure that they will take care of me.  As much as I love these irons I have sure had my fair share of issues with them.

Played this weekend and the swing is starting to come around. The hooks in the long clubs are beginning to work their way out which is nice. The new course sets up pretty tough. It is pretty long for a par 70, it has tiny greens that have a lot of break and are blazing fast. The new bunker renovations they did are nice but they are tough to maneuver. I played nine holes Saturday morning and I think I was in 3-4 green side bunkers. This setup is going to force me to play very smart. It is really going to challenge me and whatever my handicap becomes, it will be earned for sure. I am sure it is going to go up a bit to start the year.

Nate

Great! Sounds like an interesting course! I know that you just like my self probably don't care as much about your score as you do hitting it solid with the ball flight you intend over 95% of the time! Once that happens I'm sure your score and mine will take care of its self.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Great! Sounds like an interesting course! I know that you just like my self probably don't care as much about your score as you do hitting it solid with the ball flight you intend over 95% of the time!

Once that happens I'm sure your score and mine will take care of its self.

Yeah it is a lot of fun.  I am enjoying the way it is forcing me to hit shots and recover when I need to. I shot +6 on the nine I played Saturday.  I saw some really good things though out of the swing and that is what really mattered to me.

Nate

Great! Sounds like an interesting course! I know that you just like my self probably don't care as much about your score as you do hitting it solid with the ball flight you intend over 95% of the time!

Once that happens I'm sure your score and mine will take care of its self.

As a 3.8, I'd guess that Cipher scores quite well already.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yeah but usually more towards July-August. :-D

Nate

I am sure about that.. I was just commenting on him saying that he expects that number to go up before he sees it settle back down or get better. With that HC I think I would be a happy camper, but would be working my a** of to take that final plunge to 0 or below!

Eyad

I am sure about that.. I was just commenting on him saying that he expects that number to go up before he sees it settle back down or get better.

With that HC I think I would be a happy camper, but would be working my a** of to take that final plunge to 0 or below!

Yeah it is definitely getting to be very tough to improve.  A** has officially fallen off at this point. :-D

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Filmed some swings today.  Got a FO view of a really crappy thin iron swing.  Trying to see if anything weird is going on.  Some pretty bad hip work on that one.  The other swings were OK though.  Also working on feeling that driver shoulder down.  This feeling is going to take a while for me to improve, it does appear to be ever so slightly better. Hitting nice fades now with the long clubs, I could not say why exactly or what has changed.  At least I am not hooking the ball anymore.

Nate

It is looking good from where I'm sitting!

what I love the most in your swing is A7.5 right after impact!!!  For some reason my whole body follows my swing after impact as my arms wrap around my body.. Some day I'll get there, but your swing is looking nice!!

I guess the winter work outs helped out!

Eyad

It is looking good from where I'm sitting!

what I love the most in your swing is A7.5 right after impact!!!  For some reason my whole body follows my swing after impact as my arms wrap around my body.. Some day I'll get there, but your swing is looking nice!!

I guess the winter work outs helped out!

Whenever I start to fear the shanks, the swing tends to get a little funky, so I just gotta get back to practicing well and working on my priorities.

Nate

• 4 weeks later...

It has been a bit since posting, and working on my iron swing.  Evolvr is kinda like my cocaine addiction.  My swing is suffering some serious withdrawals.  Time to sign back up... :whistle:

I have a good idea what is going on but I will wait to hear back from Brian or whoever it may be.  In the meantime I will hit some much shots where I feel the hands stay ahead of the club head.

Nate

What is your ball flight looking like? What is your ideal ball flight? I should clarify, I meant the trajectory.

When I am swinging well it should be a medium height push draw.

Nate

I hit the range today.  Things went much better.  I hit about 1 full swing for every 2-3 partial punch shots.  My setup has been a bit funky.  My hands extented out a bit too much, not quite enough bend in the knees and the lower back curving the wrong way.  I blame the last thing on the winter gut... ;D  Other than that, I basically just worked on making sure the hips are going fast enough and "feeling" the hands staying in front of the club head to A9.  The results were good.  I will wait to do much more until I get my first evolvr for the season back.   Hopefully things start turning around on the course as the index is starting to climb otherwise.

Nate

Note: This thread is 975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!