IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher

Nice.

You make nice vlogs @cipher .

Thanks.  I had fun doing it as well.

Nate

:tmade:(10.5) :pxg:(4W/7W) MIURA(3-PW) :mizuno:(50/54/60) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Like I said, the putting stroke is looking much better.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Like I said, the putting stroke is looking much better.

Thanks, lately I have been putting much better as well.   It did not show all that much on these greens today, but I have.

Nate

Still better than before with the hooks, but you can really see here at 9:38 how much my ball is curving.  Especially if you blow the video up to full screen and set it to HD.  I am still getting plenty of distance but the curve is still too much.  I was a little surprised to see it curve this much today with the revised grip, but I just need to keep working on it.   At least the ball is starting more to the right so this is probably more about working on key #1 and #4 at this point.  Back to work on my Evolvr stuff.  It has been a while since submitting.

Nate

That is a lot of curve.

Looks kinda cool though.  I have always though big sweeping hooks look neat.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I enjoyed that, thanks and Great Job!

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Back foot, throw, transfer.

Nate

Back foot, throw, transfer.

Specifically setting the weight on the back heel staying there to A4. Throwing the club head at the ball from the top, and feeling the upper body moving to target at impact. Still fighting hooks and thins with the driver and fairway some but it is getting a bit better. For some reason the above setup in a very upright posture has produced the best results. I know this is not ideal and also just looks weird, but I am just trying to get the ball to stay in the air at this point.

Nate

Specifically setting the weight on the back heel staying there to A4. Throwing the club head at the ball from the top, and feeling the upper body moving to target at impact.

Still fighting hooks and thins with the driver and fairway some but it is getting a bit better. For some reason the above setup in a very upright posture has produced the best results. I know this is not ideal and also just looks weird, but I am just trying to get the ball to stay in the air at this point.

Have you ever looked at a side by side of your shots that fade and hook?  It looks to me like you stay down and have a lot more extension on the driver (right). I looked at it in every frame from  A6-7 on and that seems to be a consistent in every frame. I might be wrong so don't feel like you have to listen but It was bugging me after reading your post so I looked at some of your swings.

Have you ever looked at a side by side of your shots that fade and hook?  It looks to me like you stay down and have a lot more extension on the driver (right). I looked at it in every frame from  A6-7 on and that seems to be a consistent in every frame. I might be wrong so don't feel like you have to listen but It was bugging me after reading your post so I looked at some of your swings.

I think you are right, I have noticed that I stay down more on the good shots.  The hard part is finding a set-up and the feels that reduce the extending up too early and hanging back.  When I can fix that, I can fix this problem.  Until then it is hard to really even enjoy playing at this point.  I can handle missing a bit left or right half the time, not being able to hang the ball in the air is just so deflating... ;-) I might end up just hitting 3 hybrid off the tee Sunday.

Nate

Maybe you can hit like half shots just feeling the extension and staying down with the driver. Then just build up to full shots.  You have the nice little fade Ive seen it.  You just have to get a feel for it so you have something to go back to when you hit a hook.

Maybe you can hit like half shots just feeling the extension and staying down with the driver. Then just build up to full shots.  You have the nice little fade Ive seen it.  You just have to get a feel for it so you have something to go back to when you hit a hook.

Maybe, or maybe I should just become that guy that only goes to the range and hits iron shots. ;-) I probably would have shut it down by now if things had not started to get a little better.   My ability has peaked and I just ain't that f***ing good.  That is all there is to it.  The game in the end is meant to be fun.  It has been a great experience.

Nate

Maybe, or maybe I should just become that guy that only goes to the range and hits iron shots.    I probably would have shut it down by now if things had not started to get a little better.   My ability has peaked and I just ain't that f***ing good.  That is all there is to it.  The game in the end is meant to be fun.  It has been a great experience.

If I could peak at your current ability, I would be the happiest golfer ever. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Maybe, or maybe I should just become that guy that only goes to the range and hits iron shots.    I probably would have shut it down by now if things had not started to get a little better.   My ability has peaked and I just ain't that f***ing good.  That is all there is to it.  The game in the end is meant to be fun.  It has been a great experience.

I feel for ya.  I am currently on a high of seeing improvements, but every time I get into one of those lulls, it's like "Why am I doing this??"  Obviously it's going to cap somewhere, but I hope it's not soon ... and I hope that you're just in a rut and not actually at your peak.

If I could peak at your current ability, I would be the happiest golfer ever.

No, you wouldn't.  We say that kind of stuff all the time, but we don't really mean it.  If a genie granted you Cipher's skills INSTANTANEOUSLY overnight, then yeah, you'd be pretty friggin ecstatic for a long time.  Because in your head, you still think you have your current abilities.  But once you gradually work your way to that point, then you have made yourself (rightfully) believe that that is exactly the golfer you are, and if you become stagnant then, it will be just as frustrating if you become stagnant now.

I really like that Cleveland commercial with all of their guys talking about "better."  That's all its ever about - better than now.  It matters not if "now" means 15 handicap, 7 handicap, 3 handicap, or 20th in the OWGR, once you stop getting better, thats not fun.

Let's all hope that none of us have reached our peaks yet!!  Especially Cipher (Since, you know, it's his thread and all.) :-P

• Upvote 1

No, you wouldn't.  We say that kind of stuff all the time, but we don't really mean it.  If a genie granted you Cipher's skills INSTANTANEOUSLY overnight, then yeah, you'd be pretty friggin ecstatic for a long time.  Because in your head, you still think you have your current abilities.  But once you gradually work your way to that point, then you have made yourself (rightfully) believe that that is exactly the golfer you are, and if you become stagnant then, it will be just as frustrating if you become stagnant now.

I really like that Cleveland commercial with all of their guys talking about "better."  That's all its ever about - better than now.  It matters not if "now" means 15 handicap, 7 handicap, 3 handicap, or 20th in the OWGR, once you stop getting better, thats not fun.

Let's all hope that none of us have reached our peaks yet!!  Especially Cipher (Since, you know, it's his thread and all.)

Now, I'm going to look for the said genie. :-$ Yeah, I didn't mean for it to sound like he would never get better than this, which is why I said "current" ability.

Like you, I think @cipher has a lot more potential to improve.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah, I didn't mean for it to sound like he would never get better than this, which is why I said "current" ability.

I know you didn't. :beer: I'm just saying that as long as you improve gradually, like anybody who ever improves sans genie, no matter where it is that you stop improving, you will not be happy. ;)

[QUOTE name="cipher" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/810_30#post_1022059"]   Maybe, or maybe I should just become that guy that only goes to the range and hits iron shots.  ;-)   I probably would have shut it down by now if things had not started to get a little better.   My ability has peaked and I just ain't that f***ing good.  That is all there is to it.  The game in the end is meant to be fun.  It has been a great experience. [/QUOTE] I feel for ya.  I am currently on a high of seeing improvements, but every time I get into one of those lulls, it's like "Why am I doing this??"  Obviously it's going to cap somewhere, but I hope it's not soon ... and I hope that you're just in a rut and not actually at your peak. [QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/810_30#post_1022062"]   If I could peak at your current ability, I would be the happiest golfer ever. :beer: [/QUOTE] No, you wouldn't.  We say that kind of stuff all the time, but we don't really mean it.  If a genie granted you Cipher's skills INSTANTANEOUSLY overnight, then yeah, you'd be pretty friggin ecstatic for a long time.  Because in your head, you still think you have your current abilities.  But once you gradually work your way to that point, then you have made yourself (rightfully) believe that that is exactly the golfer you are, and if you become stagnant then, it will be just as frustrating if you become stagnant now. I really like that Cleveland commercial with all of their guys talking about "better."  That's all its ever about - better than now.  It matters not if "now" means 15 handicap, 7 handicap, 3 handicap, or 20th in the OWGR, once you stop getting better, thats not fun. Let's all hope that none of us have reached our peaks yet!!  Especially Cipher (Since, you know, it's his thread and all.) :-P

I agree with you here. I remember when I started, I was shooting mid 60's for 9 holes. I told myself if I could ever break 50 for 9 I would be satisfied. Not even close. Now I want to be able to break 80 for 18. I do think I can get there still.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Signing off for a while. Thanks to everyone for all the help. Much appreciated.

Nate