IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Signing off for a while. Thanks to everyone for all the help. Much appreciated.

Alright Bro. I'll miss ya. Don't stay away forever.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Signing off for a while. Thanks to everyone for all the help. Much appreciated.

Thanks to you as well!!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Just talking about the updates on this thread. Sorry for the vagueness.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

The ball flight is kind of fun looking here.  Still working through the hooks in the long clubs, and it is getting better each day.  I will update when I feel I am through it.

Nate

Who setup the camera? ;) The swing still looks awesome great tempo. So when are you going to get me to look like that (except I'm taller and better looking of course).

The clubhead lookks to be way too inside. I think you go from a shallow backswing, to a steep downswing. You kinda re-route it back on plane, you can see your little over the top move in the transition, and the club gets steeper in transition. Then you shallow it out again into impact. I would think it would be better to get the club more inline with the hands, and then go from steeper to shallow in transition.

Not sure if it is an issue, but your clubhead looks very closed at A2.

Also the hips can be more open at impact.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Maybe, or maybe I should just become that guy that only goes to the range and hits iron shots.    I probably would have shut it down by now if things had not started to get a little better.   My ability has peaked and I just ain't that f***ing good.  That is all there is to it.  The game in the end is meant to be fun.  It has been a great experience.

I worry that I'm already at the peak of my ability all the time. I doubt that you've reached your peak but I don't doubt that any improvements will be a lot more gradual at your level. I can completely see how that could get frustrating.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

The clubhead lookks to be way too inside. I think you go from a shallow backswing, to a steep downswing. You kinda re-route it back on plane, you can see your little over the top move in the transition, and the club gets steeper in transition. Then you shallow it out again into impact. I would think it would be better to get the club more inline with the hands, and then go from steeper to shallow in transition.  Not sure if it is an issue, but your clubhead looks very closed at A2.  Also the hips can be more open at impact.

Thanks, posting this was just for fun. A lot of things are off right now with the swing. This was just a quick cell phone video of one swing, trying a feeling that is completely out of this world for me. I have been working on some pretty foreign things and will often exaggerate as much as I possibly can, before dialing it back. I would not look into it too much yet. The shut clubface is a huge problem though IMO. Happy to report I was able to hit giant driver slices on the range today though. That was the goal. :D

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

I have gone a couple weeks now without having major problems with the hooks.  I am not saying I have figured it out.  I have not. I am having issues over-fading the ball right now, thankfully at not a lot of distance loss though.  At least it is not a 200 yard hook.  The big fade is still not a reliable shot off the tee, but it is keeping me in play more often than before.  I have no idea where things will go from here, but hopefully we can iron it out a bit more in a couple weeks.

Nate

What are you doing different to get the fade?

Standing open, holding the face open, weakening the grip a lot, backswing feels like my arms are coming off my body away from me and then swing down to the left.  Basically trying to hit a slice.

The swing above looks really nice.

The swing is a bit too long, but that is partially because of the slightly cupped left wrist and also the exit is a bit ugly, but it is kind of working for now.

Nate

Having a good week hiring the fade. 38, 37, 37 for the morning rounds. Trending back below 5 again. Have to take 6 days off for some travel now, so hopefully I won't fall off too bad coming back. This was a bit humorous from this morning. The greens were soft and the ball had too much spin on it. Usually I get a good hop forward.

Nate

Having a good week hiring the fade. 38, 37, 37 for the morning rounds. Trending back below 5 again. Have to take 6 days off for some travel now, so hopefully I won't fall off too bad coming back.

This was a bit humorous from this morning. The greens were soft and the ball had too much spin on it. Usually I get a good hop forward.

Those scores for par 36? Either way damn nice scores, I just want to get down to low 40's consistently in my 9 hole league and mid 80's for 18 this year. Maybe in another year or 2 I'll be where you are now.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Those scores for par 36? Either way damn nice scores, I just want to get down to low 40's consistently in my 9 hole league and mid 80's for 18 this year. Maybe in another year or 2 I'll be where you are now.

Yeah par 36, it is a fairly easy course if you know it though and plays only 6350.

Nate

Its not that easy. Ive played it.

Easy is typically based on personal skill and ability. I'm sure he'd be able to play as well or better on most of the courses in my area.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

[QUOTE name="Jakester23" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/828#post_1034016"] Its not that easy. Ive played it.[/QUOTE] The only real trouble is the water.  If you can game plan around the water on the Birr it is fine.  Pretty wide open for the most part otherwise.  Greens are very receptive as well. [QUOTE name="Jeremie Boop" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/828#post_1034021"]   Easy is typically based on personal skill and ability. I'm sure he'd be able to play as well or better on most of the courses in my area. [/QUOTE] I play about 3-4 shots worse per 18 at the other club I will often play at, but that course is one of the toughest in the state.

Nate

Note: This thread is 966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!