IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher

He's just being humble so he can lay it on the guys down there for the outing.

I wish.

Nate

:tmade:(10.5) :pxg:(4W/7W) MIURA(3-PW) :mizuno:(50/54/60) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakester23

He's just being humble so he can lay it on the guys down there for the outing.

I wish.

I'm rooting for ya anyway.  Gotta put up a good showing for the "sconny" boys...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I'm rooting for ya anyway.  Gotta put up a good showing for the "sconny" boys...

I'll give it a shot, my only goal is to impress @saevel25 with one of my 250 yard drives... :-P

Nate

I'll give it a shot, my only goal is to impress @saevel25 with one of my 250 yard drives...

Hey makes me feel bad about my drives rofl, I'll be 20-30 yards in front of others then he's 20-30 yards in front of me....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Hey makes me feel bad about my drives rofl, I'll be 20-30 yards in front of others then he's 20-30 yards in front of me....

Just because @boogielicious complained about catch phrases, BAZINGA! :-P

I'll give it a shot, my only goal is to impress @saevel25 with one of my 250 yard drives...

Just remember every time you tee up, don't go left! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Just remember every time you tee up, don't go left!

The hooks we so three weeks ago, I'm a slicer now. :-D

Nate

The hooks were so three weeks ago, I'm a slicer now.

Now you just need to find the middle :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Now you just need to find the middle

Yep, I did punch one out there 280 this morning.  That is "BIG" for me.  I am a poor man's Luke Donald. Cept I suck from bunkers and at putting.  Haha!

Nate

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Now you just need to find the middle

Yep, I did punch one out there 280 this morning.  That is "BIG" for me.  I am a poor man's Luke Donald. Cept I suck from bunkers and at putting.  Haha!

Better than me.  I guess you could call me a "poor mans" Dan "the plan" Mclaughlin....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Better than me.  I guess you could call me a "poor mans" Dan "the plan" Mclaughlin....

Ha ha, I bet you could take him!

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great lesson with @iacas and @mvmac .  I thought I needed a driver lesson but as usual they knew better and that what I needed to work on in the irons would help with the driver, so we mainly worked on that.  Basically the iron shots(and driver) were often way too low with too much left curve on the ball.  We worked on a few things in the set-up and some backswing drills to get me hitting high little cuts.  I will get some video when I can but it probably won't be for a week or so as I have to head out for a trip on Wednesday.

During the one club scramble Saturday I basically reverted back to the old swing so that I could hit some predictable shots.  Although I played okay that day it was probably pretty stupid to do that.  On Sunday I struggled getting back to the new backswing feeling.  I did hit a couple iron shots that showed me the potential for what is there, but really struggled badly with the longer clubs especially.  I had another traditional scramble I had to play in yesterday and so I got there early to work on the new feels.  It kind of clicked for the irons a bit and I hit some great shots yesterday.  The driver still has a long way to go, but at least at this point I am hitting it high and right instead of low and left.  I only had maybe one drive that was a big push slice.  I will continue to work on it and am very excited about some of the initial results here and there that I am seeing on the course.  Once I have practiced it a bit more I will probably need to have my lie angle checked again.

The stuff we worked on last year was really to get me contacting the ball cleaner with more speed.  I gained distance but have continued to spray the ball all over the place. This lesson should help me begin to control the start lines, the curve, and the height better.  I still think that I am pretty close to the ceiling right now as far as actually improving scores, but at least I should be able to hit some tighter shots off the tee and from the ground and that makes the game more fun.

Nate

Glad you're hitting it better. I've seen the look you had in your face Sunday many times in the mirror. Great playing with you.

Yep great playing with you as well.  It was a treat watching you and Matt drive the ball.  It was a great experience no matter what.  It is just a game after all.  If I am able to come out to one of these again I will either take a plane or make sure I am not driving home so late.  That was not good... :sleep:

I figure changes this big will take weeks before I can shoot any decent scores.  Don't know that I will ever be a solid driver player, but if I can learn to hit it high with a fade, get decent carry, and get the occasional push I am good with that.  I just don't want to skip it off a pond 100 yards away and have to try and scramble for par on a par five... :-D

Nate

Yep great playing with you as well.  It was a treat watching you and Matt drive the ball.  It was a great experience no matter what.  It is just a game after all.  If I am able to come out to one of these again I will either take a plane or make sure I am not driving home so late.  That was not good...

I figure changes this big will take weeks before I can shoot any decent scores.  Don't know that I will ever be a solid driver player, but if I can learn to hit it high with a fade, get decent carry, and get the occasional push I am good with that.  I just don't want to skip it off a pond 100 yards away and have to try and scramble for par on a par five...

I can imagine. We got home around 11 which isn't too bad. It would be fun to set something up around the Chicago area. I'm usually up in Rockford, IL several times a year.

Changes do take a while to set in, and it seems to be easy to revert back. I think that happened to me on the last 3 holes.

- Shane

I can imagine. We got home around 11 which isn't too bad. It would be fun to set something up around the Chicago area. I'm usually up in Rockford, IL several times a year.

Changes do take a while to set in, and it seems to be easy to revert back. I think that happened to me on the last 3 holes.

Yeah I think the Chicago area would be a great spot for one of these as well.  It would be interesting to see how many people would be able to come.

Nate

Yeah I think the Chicago area would be a great spot for one of these as well.  It would be interesting to see how many people would be able to come.

I'm all for going new places and playing new courses. I would probably try to take a few extra days off of work to make it even more worth the trip out there.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Let me know! :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag