IGNORED

NFL Free Agency - 2013 Edition

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 3962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Chrebet was a very under appreciated receiver.  Impossible to cover and tough as nails.  Guys like him and Troy Brown set the standard for the possession slot receiver. Proehl was scary good too, but I thought more of a deep in threat with his speed and tremendous route running.  I will miss Welker, but the Pats always seem to find a way to adjust.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Atlanta just got a huge boost in offense by signing Steven Jackson from St. Louis. Now you have Jackson and his mini-me, Jacquizz Rodgers, at running back. They had a decent running game now it's just gotten more dangerous.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

Atlanta just got a huge boost in offense by signing Steven Jackson from St. Louis. Now you have Jackson and his mini-me, Jacquizz Rodgers, at running back. They had a decent running game now it's just gotten more dangerous.

I'm pretty sure Steven Jackson has gas left in the tank, and that's a scary idea when you figure he won't face many 8-man fronts anymore. He's turning 30 in July. He has the opportunity though to have a Corey Dillon-2004-esque season (who was also 30 that year).

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Chrebet was a very under appreciated receiver.  Impossible to cover and tough as nails.  Guys like him and Troy Brown set the standard for the possession slot receiver.  Proehl was scary good too, but I thought more of a deep in threat with his speed and tremendous route running.  I will miss Welker, but the Pats always seem to find a way to adjust.

Yea, I think if Proehl played in today's era, he'd have more receptions and a shorter YPC average. Here's Proehl now. Glad to see he's doing well:

Yea, the Pats adjust. They always do.

Edit: Oh yea, I gotta add this one too:

Constantine

http://profootballmock.com/wes-welker-signs-with-broncos-as-part-of-diabolical-bill-belichick-plot-to-steal-denvers-signals/

I am just a bit upset that they spelled *belicheat* wrong.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by meenman

http://profootballmock.com/wes-welker-signs-with-broncos-as-part-of-diabolical-bill-belichick-plot-to-steal-denvers-signals/

I am just a bit upset that they spelled *belicheat* wrong.

Lol. And you know what else is weird? Have you ever seen Wes Welker and Danny Amendola together in a room at the same time ? Something's not right here....

Constantine

Lol. And you know what else is weird? Have you ever seen Wes Welker and Danny Amendola together in a room at the same time ? Something's not right here....

Looks like the Red Sox are going to have to find a new second baseman too.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I'm pretty sure Steven Jackson has gas left in the tank, and that's a scary idea when you figure he won't face many 8-man fronts anymore. He's turning 30 in July. He has the opportunity though to have a Corey Dillon-2004-esque season (who was also 30 that year).

He has plenty left in his career. The two games against the 49ers the past season were frustrating to watch because of how Steven Jackson ran against the supposed "best run defense" in the league. I don't really buy into that crap about being the "best" of anything, but it was definitely frustrating to see him just plow through the defensive line and get even more yards after initial contact. Adding him to the Falcons makes their entire offense pretty dangerous.

Also, looks like there some kinda bromance going on with Tom Brady and Wes Welker.

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,
Ryan

:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

• 4 weeks later...
Apparently the Pats tendered restricted free agent WR Emmanuel Sanders $1.33 million, the third-round level. Steelers have five days to match now.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by jamo

Apparently the Pats tendered restricted free agent WR Emmanuel Sanders $1.33 million, the third-round level. Steelers have five days to match now.

Yea, I have him too in our league. I guess I'm fine with him staying in Pitt... I think.

But I also have stupid Crabtree who decided to tear his achilles today. Good call!

Looks like I need Danny A to stay healthy for me to take down your team of young guns this year. Stupid Crabtree....

Constantine

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Tebow found a home in the NFL after all. It'd be interesting to see if they use Tebow at QB or as a back. I think it may be good for Tebow to learn from an elite QB in Tom Brady, specifically in throwing mechanics.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9362801/tim-tebow-sign-new-england-patriots-sources-say

Best Regards,
Ryan

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

I think it may be good for Tebow to learn from an elite QB

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9362801/tim-tebow-sign-new-england-patriots-sources-say

I wonder if tommy boy and belicheat will also teach him how to be a sore loser.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I don't know what to think about this, but one thing's for sure: I'll talk myself into Tebow by the end of the week. Guaranteed.

In my bag:

• Administrator

I don't know what to think about this, but one thing's for sure: I'll talk myself into Tebow by the end of the week. Guaranteed.

I thought he's saving himself for marriage.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I thought he's saving himself for marriage.

Tebow's girlfriends touch balls more often than his receivers. May God stroke me down if Brady gets injured this year. (Let's hope God's accuracy with the thunderbolts is similar to Tebow's with footballs.) I need to burn some of these off before the homer-ism sets in.

In my bag:

Tebow's girlfriends touch balls more often than his receivers.

May God stroke me down if Brady gets injured this year. (Let's hope God's accuracy with the thunderbolts is similar to Tebow's with footballs.)

I need to burn some of these off before the homer-ism sets in.

Freudian slip? lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Note: This thread is 3962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!