IGNORED

Anyone else in the northern climes frustrated with this weather?

walk18
Note: This thread is 3825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/73399/] [/URL] View out of the office window again.  Just got hit last night.  Possibly the most snowfall of the winter.

We are getting a bit down here it the city as well...so frustrating.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/73399/] [/URL] View out of the office window again.  Just got hit last night.  Possibly the most snowfall of the winter.

No better place in the summer than northern WI though, IMO.

No better place in the summer than northern WI though, IMO.

Fall is nice as well..:-D. Notice my avatar.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Here in Michigan, if we aren't getting floods, we get extreme temperatures.   This week we saw 70º and this morning we awoke to snow on the ground!  All in the same week, I've seen ice on the ponds and worms struggling to cross the driveway.  The saying here is "If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes, it will change"

Damn weather.   I'm thinking that some place like South Carolina, Arizona or some other warmer climate may be in my future.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Got nine in today, for the first time this year. A bit rusty posting double, par, double to start but finished pretty strong. Felt good even in 45 degree weather.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I am in Chicago area and so far it seems like if i have a day off mother nature wont cooperate. I did get in 18 at woodbine in lemont but had to wait 40 minutes for frost and was an overall terrible day .

It's snowing today.  Just awesome.  Fortunately nothing stuck...but I'm plenty sick of clouds and snow of at this point.  We need more global warming.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Feel for you guys...I am a Seattle guy and we have had an unbelievable late winter/early spring for the most part.....wish I could have taken more advantage, but have a good solid 5 rounds in

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I still have not been out since the first time about a month ago... Stupid f'd up life is jacking me for time. 27° for a low last night and cold wind yesterday.....damn I want to use my new sticks...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I cannot remember ever being so golf deprived in my life.  Being from the Twin Cities, I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to harsh winter conditions keeping me from the game I love, but I have never seen so much snow in April, EVER!  At this rate I will be able to golf in June if I am lucky.  Please go away snow I need to golf ASAP.

• Upvote 1

This Saturday, (4/20) morning at 9am.  Light snow, about 35.  Made it up to about a high of 40.  Windy and bone-chilling to say the least.  Saturday night, clear and low 20s, probably high-teens in some places.

Today (Sunday) it was nice enough to hit the range with a buddy.  All the way up to 50 ... oh boy!  Sunny, but the wind, straight out of the north coming across Lake Erie, was enough to cut right through any clothing I had on today.

Cold winter-like spring weather will just NOT give up.  Have I said how much I despise Ohio weather yet today?

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

I hit the range Sunday after work with the temperatures in the 50s.  Today I was going to hit the range again since we saw temperatures in the 60s but I had an emergency after work and the rest of the week they are predicting rain.    Anybody want to trade weather?  Maybe somebody in San Diego?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On the drive into work, 99% of the snow is melted, grass and roads clear, a little standing water, pretty decent.

Right now (8:15 pm) - already a couple inches of wet snow accumulation, no TV or radio signal, will have to break out the snow blower in the morning (anywhere up to 8 inches by morning depending on which part of the state we're in)

That should do it.  Forecast is in the mid-60's by Saturday.......

Bill - 

Starting to get a bit ridiculous around here.  Previous record for snow in April for this area was 18''.  We have more than 30'' now.  Nearly DOUBLING the record.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Geezus I am glad the snow is staying south, but it is 27° or lower the last few nights. Horrible. Cold winds and mid 50's with no sun....yuck. Sposda be 70° tomorrow but I have a full day at work. Opening day at my track Friday though!!! I need to hit the range something fierce and that might be the friday activity.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!