IGNORED

What grips are good for drivers?

Note: This thread is 4047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any grip with cord in it. When the weather is wet, the last thing you need is slippage with the longest club in the bag. One of my driver grips is a "Feel" grip, which has a reverse taper. It is about as secure as you can get.

Originally Posted by azurezaber

I just got a taylormade superfast 2.0 and want to get a new grip on it. I've been looking at the Winn dri tac grip but am trying to get more suggestions before buying one. Anyone have any opinions?

Even though I am currently a hypocrite on this advice, I would recommend having the same grips for all of your clubs.  (Except possibly your putter) :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Winn possibly makes the worst grips in my opinion.. Way to soft and slippery when wet.. I like to play a lampkin cross line on my irons, multi compounds on wedges and driver.

Short answer....whichever grip you prefer on the rest of your clubs.  There's absolutely no need to have a different grip on your driver, than any other club, with, as Golfingdad mentioned, the common exception of your putter.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by azurezaber

I just got a taylormade superfast 2.0 and want to get a new grip on it. I've been looking at the Winn dri tac grip but am trying to get more suggestions before buying one. Anyone have any opinions?

I switched to the grip that you're looking at and I like the feel a lot.  I don't expect that this is a long-lasting grip, though, although I can have a looser grip with the Dri Tac than I could with my prior grip maybe I'll be proven wrong.

I also have the Dri Tac grip on my Driver, but use a Lampkin style grip on my irons.

The driver swing is much more demanding so I like the Winn grip as it is somewhat softer.  I know the Winn grips will breakdown quicker.  I play a couple rounds per week all year round so plan on changing grips about twice a year.

I would agree with the other posters, as i have a superfast2.0 and have had the Winn grips on it....Garbage, last about a month before my right hand thumb wears right through the grip. Just regriped with the new lamkin crossline ace. Love it, midsize 3 wraps low hand and 2 full wraps over that. If you have ever used gorilla gold takafier towels, that's how these ace grips feel. Overall find what you like...just not Winn.

Personally, I prefer the same grip on all my clubs. Don't believe I've ever had a corded grip and neither problems with slipping in the rain. Even without a glove. It all comes down to your personal preference.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I got multi compound's on all my clubs white and black.

2 tapes

I prefer the same feel off all my clubs thats why i have

the same shafts in all my irons and wedges ( KBS Tour stiff )

Driver, 3wood and hybrid are all Aldila RIP stiff shafts

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Note: This thread is 4047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!