IGNORED

My Swing (Goinglow59)

Goinglow59
Note: This thread is 3804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So i have been working on my swing and now i am working on taking my range swing to the course and here it is:

My striking is really solid I shot 2 under today but I still feel like my swing is missing one step!

Any tips welcomed

Dude, why would you post a video of yourself hitting a 4 iron from 215 yards to 10 ft, and ask for people to help you with your swing?  Here's a tip, if you really want help with your swing, post a video of one of your bad swings, because it would take someone more full of themselves than you to actually give you any advice. Me being a 12 handicapper and all, im not an expert, but if I had to find a flaw it would be that you held your finish way to long. 215yds  to 10' you should not hold the finish, you should immediately walk it down like Tiger does. Just messing with ya, dont get to p/o'ed at me.

Originally Posted by liveeel

Dude, why would you post a video of yourself hitting a 4 iron from 215 yards to 10 ft, and ask for people to help you with your swing?  Here's a tip, if you really want help with your swing, post a video of one of your bad swings, because it would take someone more full of themselves than you to actually give you any advice.

I disagree.  A flaw is a flaw.  People who are expert enough to pick out what he does wrong, say, on a 4 iron that he shanks are still going to be able to pick out that same flaw on a swing with a good result.

Me?  I'm not one of those people so I have no swing advice for him.

My only advice to OP would be that you should fill out the form that is in the myswing thread template.  The instructors/good golfers who may be interested in giving you some advice are going to want to know your history, your typical ball flight, desired ball flight, what your fatal miss is, etc, etc.

And maybe also post a face-on swing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Liveeel. That may be the best post I've ever seen on here. It's only my 2nd time on here but that's beside the point. Dude there is no evidence u even hit a 4 iron 215 yards. I watched your swing. I ain't buying it. You look like like you aren't staying down all the way through the swing. I would love to play you straight up but since you are "struggling" right now I can give u a couple per side. (cuts off iPad and walks outside to pound whiffle balls)

Jeez relax I am joking it was more like 200 if that makes you feel bettter. I really did not mean to be arrogant, I was just excited about the shot. You guys must have no self confidence if ypu belittle me so.much!!

I sincerely apologize. Honestly your swing looked great. If that's your normal swing and your ball striking is good, concentrate more on your short game.Me personally, and you could figure this from my post, its the mental aspect that I need work out. LOL. Best of luck.

Good swing and great shot with the 4 iron. Pay no attention to the "not staying down" comment. Since your head is 4 or 5 inches lower at impact than it was at address I don't know where that's coming from.

Note to self: Never post the results of a shot on this forum.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 year

My current handicap index or average score is: scratch

My typical ball flight is: little fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: fat cuts ahhhh!!!!!!!

Videos:

Why do you want to do CP?  You should go see Mac

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I would love too go see mac, how would i contact him! I just named it cp since i was hitting a cut but nothing above that just joking around... but seriously what do you think. I am currently struggling with heavy shots and misses to the right.

I would love too go see mac, how would i contact him! I just named it cp since i was hitting a cut but nothing above that just joking around... but seriously what do you think. I am currently struggling with heavy shots and misses to the right.

http://www.macogradygolfschools.com/

First thing to take a look at is what the arms are doing.  Notice the difference with the location of the right elbow.  So elbows separate too much and that throws off your sequencing.  By the time you get to 7, the left knee is too straight.  So I would suggest feeling the elbow go into pitch sooner (feeling the right elbow below the left at 4) and that the elbows aren't separating on the backswing.  I think this "pull" from the arms rather than a lift will also change the knee/leg alignments, notice the space between Mac's legs.

Couple drills to do

The other piece would be to have the left knee flex over the left ankle on the downswing.  Need to transfer more.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

CP is really really hard. I think if you can practice everyday then it can be done, but weekend warriors like myself have little chance. If you figure out the secret let me know.

Michael

Note: This thread is 3804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!