IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

Thanks @mvmac. Boy, does he get the hands ahead @ A6:

Yes but that's not how he plays golf. This is just swings he sends to students.

This would be closer to his "play" A6-7. Shallow divot here.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes but that's not how he plays golf. This is just swings he sends to students.

This would be closer to his "play" A6-7. Shallow divot here.

Oh, I didn't know that. That clears up a lot!

There should be a third party Mac O'Grady FAQ out there, as much as I'd guess he wouldn't like that. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

OK, back to the program. Trying to get to 90. Just... can't... make... it... Arrrr..

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I think this is 90ish, but I straighten the left knee too soon, or something too soon, throwing all the angles alway prematurely.

Steve

• Administrator
I think this is 90ish, but I straighten the left knee too soon, or something too soon, throwing all the angles alway prematurely.

You're doing fine. Stop being so picky. :)

If those aren't 90, they're close enough to keep doing that and move on to something else. 60 or whatever it was before was not enough… what you're doing here is.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Steve

• Administrator

Looks good enough to take to the course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Looks good enough to take to the course.

Ha ha. I've been in hunker down tunnel vision range mode for awhile, using Analyzr like crazy, looking at vids of other swings and just watching over and over again, marking up with lines circles and dots in trying to figure things out mode. It's gonna be easier to play now that I have a visual of my swing burned into my head and I've made my peace with how it looks. In the vid above I'm trying to get the R shoulder down/tilt faster and the tip out move from the top seems to have gone away.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Moved front foot more towards target, softer right arm, shoulder less down going back, more lateral and behind, crush the can on lead foot on transition from downswing.

Unfortunately, I can't get them all going at the same time. I can get the head steadier.

And I can do the can thing, but both at the same time, not easy but I feel I'm close.

A little thing I do to be less ball bound when trying changes. I'm about a foot further away from the ball and I step towards ball and then hit. Here I'm trying to get used to a weaker lead hand grip. Lead wrist is more bowed than usual at impact and past.

Steve

Left photo, aggressively pushing to left foot, crush the can. Right photo, not as much.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Doing a reverse Duval/Sorenstam with the head. I find that it keeps me from dipping/early tilting whatever that causes my head to drop in the beginning of the BS plus it helps it from translating back a little. Wondering if I should use this for Key #1.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a couple of new things.

• When I line up my feet to point straight out (90 degrees to target line) from my pov standing up, they are actually pointing out 10-15 degrees. Don't have to purposely point out toes, it's automatic. If I do on purpose, it's too much.
  • I tend to set up open a tad. Have to feel closed to be square.
  • Was starting to tilt head away from target on setup, had to undo that, feel like I'm tilting head towards target to be "neutral".
  • Working on right shoulder down, weight going from right heel to left toe, key #1 and firing arms and hands.

Steve

I noticed a couple of things that I'm just going to mention and maybe they really aren't important! Is it possible that your left knee is going more in than needed, to the point that your right knee locks? It just looks like your hip turns too much if there is such a thing.. Maybe you could consciously try not to lock the right knee and bring the left knee more down than in on the BS? The other thing is you are basically flat footed at impact, and I wonder if that is a key#2 issue? Your right foot banks, but well after impact, I'm thinking it needs to be slightly before.. Maybe from A6 you could just bank your right foot slowly into A7 to get the feel down.. Maybe I'm just way off base, just wanted to chime in as I know you have good understanding of the swing! Cheers!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The other thing is you are basically flat footed at impact, and I wonder if that is a key#2 issue?

That's what I'm seeing. There really isn't much transfer forward from A4-6.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I noticed a couple of things that I'm just going to mention and maybe they really aren't important! Is it possible that your left knee is going more in than needed, to the point that your right knee locks? It just looks like your hip turns too much if there is such a thing.. Maybe you could consciously try not to lock the right knee and bring the left knee more down than in on the BS? The other thing is you are basically flat footed at impact, and I wonder if that is a key#2 issue? Your right foot banks, but well after impact, I'm thinking it needs to be slightly before.. Maybe from A6 you could just bank your right foot slowly into A7 to get the feel down.. Maybe I'm just way off base, just wanted to chime in as I know you have good understanding of the swing! Cheers!

[quote name="mvmac" url="/t/65993/my-swing-nevets88/90#post_1023116"] That's what I'm seeing. There really isn't much transfer forward from A4-6. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/102276/] [/URL] [/quote] You're both absolutely right. I think I'm so keyed in on keys 1 and 4 to the detriment key 2. I'm guessing my hips should be more forward and the back of my right heel should be showing in the dtl it's not. Also too focused on firing the arms. Key 1 is bothering me too, much head bobble, a leftover from me misinterpreting Stack and Tilt. Also too focused on my transition from top of BS to downswing,

Steve

Picked up a couple of new things.

When I line up my feet to point straight out (90 degrees to target line) from my pov standing up, they are actually pointing out 10-15 degrees. Don't have to purposely point out toes, it's automatic. If I do on purpose, it's too much.

I tend to set up open a tad. Have to feel closed to be square.

Was starting to tilt head away from target on setup, had to undo that, feel like I'm tilting head towards target to be "neutral".

Working on right shoulder down, weight going from right heel to left toe, key #1 and firing arms and hands.

I do something similar except closed with my feet.  I noticed it when I was sending in Evolvr videos.  I have to consciously move my front foot back at set up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave