IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

I do something similar except closed with my feet.  I noticed it when I was sending in Evolvr videos.  I have to consciously move my front foot back at set up.

Interesting. I guess we all have our idiosyncrasies.

With regards to feet, I should have noticed this, but there's a perspective issue. If you look at the mat borders, they're coming at you slanted, but they're pointed straight at the camera. So if your feet are pointed straight, they will still look like they're pointing out slanted. The angle of the camera makes your feet look more pointed out. I think... Instructors? Am I correct, incorrect?

Early extension problem. Got a lesson from instructor, will work on the left knee.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made the trip to Erie, so totally worth it, should have gone earlier. I hit all the shanks and Erik fixed me straight away and more. Here's the 5 minute drill. Full Swing Was too out-in, han

What happens is he's not practicing.

Wow. I am bad at stick placement. I need to retake stick placement 101. Way closer to target line made swing better.   

Posted Images

Getting really on top of the ball now, still working on the early extension, keeping knees bent, left foot pushing down, left knee forward.

Working on longer clubs, last round they were terrible. Video showed me I was taking it outside too much. Looking forward to next round. Both of these started straight or right, faded just a tad.

A little arm runoff on the BS in dtl vid. Also working on extending the arms. My right arm tends to chicken wing around 6.5 to 7.5

A little early extension never killed anyone. Rarely does it even hurt people. It's a speed piece. Focus on something else. :)

I was thinking weight forward?  If you look a few frames after this at A7.5 & A8 you will notice that you just looked bunched up where your head and shoulders are because you are not able to create any secondary axis tilt because of the lack of weight forward.. You do keep your head behind the line, but again without the weight forward it is very hard for your arms to release out towards the target and instead end up being forced to come around your body.

At least that's what I'm thinking!

[SIZE=13px][URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104714/] [/URL][/SIZE] I was thinking weight forward?  If you look a few frames after this at A7.5 & A8 you will notice that you just looked bunched up where your head and shoulders are because you are not able to create any secondary axis tilt because of the lack of weight forward.. You do keep your head behind the line, but again without the weight forward it is very hard for your arms to release out towards the target and instead end up being forced to come around your body. At least that's what I'm thinking!

It could be. I barely touched the driver and long irons at the range this whole season. This is the first time I used driver on the range in earnest this year. Maybe not such a wise thing to focus so much on the 6 iron. That may be throwing me off. I'll give it another week or so and make it my next lesson and see what my instructor says. I think it might be a key #4 issue as well. I tend not to get my hands as deep the longer the club.

It could be. I barely touched the driver and long irons at the range this whole season. This is the first time I used driver on the range in earnest this year. Maybe not such a wise thing to focus so much on the 6 iron. That may be throwing me off. I'll give it another week or so and make it my next lesson and see what my instructor says. I think it might be a key #4 issue as well. I tend not to get my hands as deep the longer the club.

Cool, I know you already analyze your swing enough and probably seen what I mentioned, but just wanted to participate that's all!

Cool, I know you already analyze your swing enough and probably seen what I mentioned, but just wanted to participate that's all!

You're right. My weight needs to be more forward. But I think it's not forward because I'm not trying to get forward, but my arms aren't extending. When they extend good, it gets my weight more forward. Also, I need to get the rust off the longer clubs. My right arm is rubbery in the driver swing. Plus I'm not rehinging the wrists. And shrugging the shoulders.

Here's a better swing with more extension with a hybrid. I'm really throwing out the right arm here. Like I'm cracking a whip. I ran out of balls before I could get to do this feeling with a driver. Couldn't get another bucket, had to leave :-(

Trying to get rid of this, which happens mostly with 3H, 3W and 1W, also sometimes, the 3I.

By doing this... Keep forgetting to rehinge the club.