IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

Note: This thread is 3963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

• Los Angeles
    • Orange County
    • Inland Empire
    • San Diego
    • Other...

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

LOL ... Beachcomber pretending like he has "people."  That's cute.

Great job Mike!  Can't wait for the 23rd!

Hhahaha you're a tool!  I'm bringing a few kids so that you can be a## and make them play from the Copper tees!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No juice on any +1's from my side.  I asked a few guys but none showed interest at this point.  If something changes, I'll let you know.

What are everybody's thoughts on format?

I like the modified stableford we did last time... I vote for that.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Sounds good to me

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Teams of 4 again? Best 3 scores? Sounds good to me too, I liked the format. If the prize is another Scotty, Pakoh is not allowed to win again!

• Administrator

FWIW it was:

- 80% handicap (figure the course handicap with your index, then multiply by 0.8, then round up or down).

- Best 3 of 4 scores for each hole (i.e. you can pick up too if you're not going to contribute on that hole)

- Bogey = 1 point, Par = 2, Birdie = 3, Eagle = 5, Double Eagle = You're a lucky bastard cheater

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Mike and tristan, make up some teams.

I am a 6 HC now.  Dropped a couple strokes recently...

Regretfully, I can't make it.

Found out I've got to be in Oklahoma City for business right after the event.

It's the culmination of a two year dispute that we are settling, and we are signing off on it.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Pakoh

I'll take care of it a little nearer to the date. I want to give a bit more time for people to confirm or drop out if they have to (sorry you can't make it Mr. Desmond) so that the teams don't change too much. I'll look to do it 2 weeks or so before (and if everybody can get me a hcp index by then that'd be great).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by Pakoh

What the hell?  Am I going to have the highest handicap there?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

What the hell?  Am I going to have the highest handicap there?

No.

TST username

Name

Guest?

tristanhilton85

Tristan

--

mvmac

Mike

--

Golfingdad

Drew

--

Beachcomber

Shawn

--

Pakoh

Jon

--

bplewis24

Brandon

--

jefkve

Jeff

--

Mr. Desmond

Jerry

--

hacker101

Mike

+2 (Justin, Steve)

Big C

Colin

--

justtapitin

Andy

--

bmartin461

Brad

--

mdl

Matt

--

GolfSwine

Andrew

--

Lihu

Lihu

+1 (Kaili) (Possibly +2)

If that 11.7 is accurate, my memory serves from the last couple of times, and everybody listed above besides Jerry is still coming, I think you will fall in at about 6th out of 19.

Tristan, I'll be at 7.7 as of tomorrow, hopefully lower by June 15, but we'll see.  My good round from our first get together at Mile Square will finally drop off my last 20 sometime next week, so I guess it could also go back up if I suck next week! :)

No.

If that 11.7 is accurate, my memory serves from the last couple of times, and everybody listed above besides Jerry is still coming, I think you will fall in at about 6th out of 19.

Tristan, I'll be at 7.7 as of tomorrow, hopefully lower by June 15, but we'll see.  My good round from our first get together at Mile Square will finally drop off my last 20 sometime next week, so I guess it could also go back up if I suck next week! :)

11.7 is current as of 5/15.  But according to my calculations it's going to go up on 5/31 because all of my good scores from late last year are about to fall off and my bad scores from early this year are taking root.  I'm swinging good again now, so that's the good news .  I think it's about to go up to 13.2.  By 6/15 my personal best 6.5 will drop off as well.  I'm fine playing off the 11.7 though.

I'm guessing the stableford points are assessed to net score?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I'm guessing the stableford points are assessed to net score?

Yes, that is how we did it last time.  Erik finished off that chart with everybody's handicap at 80%, and strokes based on tees being played ... and this time we'll be more careful and make sure that everybody understands that higher handicappers and kids will play off the whites!!!

Here's Erik's table from last time:

Quote:

Here's what I've got right now. If Tristan is able to add the fourth to his group, he'll be doing so and will have four. Otherwise, the groups are all set, and the best three scores on each hole are what will count towards the team total.

Stephen is Mike's kid.

Manabu and Kaili were Andy and Lihu's kids, and both probably should've been up a tee (definitely the younger one).  Erik was only given handicaps, and had them down for 10 and 15, and went with everybody under 20 at the blue tees (which, of course, ended up being blacks), and everybody over 20 at the whites.

Maybe this time we make 15 or 16 handicap the cutoff to move up a tee?

Originally Posted by Lihu

Count me and my son in as well (possibly my daughter, she would need to play from the ladies tees).

We had a great time, even posting horrible scores.

It did a great thing for him, it made him eager to practice :-)

He loved playing 7400 yards, and looks forward to getting his butt kicked by another hard round.

When will you know if you are +1 or +2?

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Maybe this time we make 15 or 16 handicap the cutoff to move up a tee?

Also, from the Blues, the course isn't terribly long (6500 yards) so I think pretty much all of us can play from there with the exception of kids playing from the whites? Does that sound good to everybody? If not, let me know.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I'll take care of it a little nearer to the date. I want to give a bit more time for people to confirm or drop out if they have to (sorry you can't make it Mr. Desmond) so that the teams don't change too much. I'll look to do it 2 weeks or so before (and if everybody can get me a hcp index by then that'd be great).

Agree Tristan

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Sorting through everything right now, it looks like we have 17 people playing... That'll put us with 5 groups, 2 foursomes and 3 threesomes. The only people I have with guests are Hacker with two (Justin and Steve) and Lihu with two (Kaili and his daughter). Just want to make sure that is correct.

If anybody has any other guests they'd like to bring or if anybody else wants to join, this would be the time. Three more would be awesome as that would give us 20 players.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 3963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!