IGNORED

Unfriendly staff. Do you deal with this?

Danielocean
Note: This thread is 4013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've noticed the worst service comes from mid-range courses with $50-$100 green fees. A lot of the staff I've experienced at these courses are older teens to mid-20's adults who look like aspiring golf professionals who don't know crap about customer service but feel like they know more than you about hitting a golf ball. Same goes with golf shop and pro shops.

I've never had problems with resort courses and oddly even some city-run courses with budget problems - Sharp Park and Lincoln Park in the Bay Area come to mind. The staff members here seem to have a sense of ownership with these courses and they're doing the best they can to keep the place running, which includes providing good customer service.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Of the courses I've played here in Knoxville only two of them have better than average service.  It is for this reason that I play at those two courses the most.  They don't know me by name or anything.. but they always greet me as I come in.  Also, at these two courses the ladies running the snack area/restaurant are awesome.

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Wisguy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielocean

That is a great attitude to have. Honestly I think I will just start calling them out on it right then and there. I will make it funny.

I have found that a firm bitchslap across the kisser does wonders to improve attitudes.

I prefer this method....

Only joking...don't notify the FBI.

I don't play at too many courses but most of the time the staff is at least acceptably pleasant. I don't think too many of them are future CEO material but they do a decent job.

I've run into two huge exceptions. One at a private country club that my cousin belongs to and another at a local public course. Maybe I'm getting older and more mellowed out but I refuse to let his horrible attitude ruin my day. My son takes it more personally and has gotten to the point he won't even call there for a tee time. He has always worked in retail and he assumes everybody that has a job dealing with the public is supposed to do it with the attitude that the companies he worked for always demanded from employees.

The one at my cousin's country club was even worse. When we went there as his guest he threw a fit right in front of all of us because he didn't want to have to get out another cart and for some unknown reason was yelling at my cousin for coming there to play (where he pays $400 a month). My cousin is fairly unconfrontational so he let the guy do his rant without saying anything. After we left I told my cousin that if I was the member and was treated that way in front of my guests there isn't a chance in Hell I would have been able to control myself.

I did let it slip when we got back to my cousin's house how he was treated and "confrontational" is his wife's middle name. She was still on the warpath when we left and I imagine that guy heard all he cared to here the next time she saw him.

Originally Posted by MS256

After we left I told my cousin that if I was the member and was treated that way in front of my guests there isn't a chance in Hell I would have been able to control myself.

Yeah, I'll second that. I'm sorry, but I refuse to take that kind of crap off people I'm paying money to. The ensuing confrontation wouldn't ruin my day, but I'd do my damnedest to make the remainder of the employee's day miserable.

John

I was a member at a private club that was stuffy and not very accomidating. Sometimes they would make me feel I was lucky to play the course. Sometimes I would play a semi-private course where all the staff was freindly, and would bend over backwards to get me on the course. I ended up quiting the private club,and joining the semi-private club. Best golf decision I ever made.

I typically play "bottom of the barrel" courses. I'm the king of $10 super-twilights. I have never encountered rude service at any of the places I play. I guess I don't expect much - but everybody has always been friendly to me and the guys at my regular courses recognize me - although they don't know my name. I recently caught a super deal to play at a course that normally costs $50 to play. Waiting in line to check in, the lady in front of me was so obnoxious *I* wanted to punch her. She had shown up without a tee time, wanted to play a 5-some and was pissed that she had to wait an hour to tee off. While holding up the entire line, she complained to the clerk, kept asking the same questions over and over and called her husband over so *he* could ask the same questions over and over. These people were repulsive and the clerk was visibly annoyed. Thank goodness those people wouldn't bother to pee on the fairways I usually play.

I am glad I haven't had some of these issues that you guys have had.  I have a short fuse so it wouldn't have been pretty, lol.

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank God southern hospitality runs pretty thick through Kentucky!  At my home course, they call me by name, have casual conversations with me about anything and everything..always wave and smile, ask how I'm doing...its a great feeling.  At the other courses I frequent, they are always really friendly and accomodating, as well.  I've played at courses that cost 15 dollars for a round up to 60 for a round and no matter, they are always happy to see you and do their part to make sure your time there is a good time.

On the flip side, I'm a quiet person so it doesn't bother me if someone isn't chatty or overly talkative.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Note: This thread is 4013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!