IGNORED

What do you think of Mark Crossfield?

ZachIsLegend
Note: This thread is 2945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like Mark. I subscribe to his youtube channel and I think that his relaxed, fun approach to golf is refreshing. Whenever he films himself and his buddies playing a round, he always seems to be having a good time whether he`s playing poorly or not. I know that it`s much easier to enjoy life when all you do is play golf for a living but still, his approach is refreshing none-the-less.

Stuck in my study watching Mark Crossfield videos with my son. We are also watching the 5SK videos and MeandMyGolf videos.

He has a play league this afternoon, but I am not going to play. Probably just sip on some Yerba Mate at the outdoor bar watching more of the same on my ipad.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

MeandmyGolf is alright. Mark is much better IMO.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yup, he "beat" them in a series of challenges.

He's definitely got a good sense of humor, and lots of equipment and scratch golfer friends to boot.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

MeandmyGolf is okay, but what separates Mark Crossfield from them is the club reviews. Meandmygolf is mostly geared towards lessons and drills because it just seems they're either devoted or sponsored by TMAG.

I also watch Rick Shiels, who is similar to Crossfield in that he does give tips, advice, and club reviews. Some of his reviews of new clubs comes out days before Mark Crossfield gets to it. When he gives swing advice to selected golfers, he does show a before and after to show some improvements after one session.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

[QUOTE name="saevel25" url="/t/66645/what-do-you-think-of-mark-crossfield/108#post_960453"]   MeandmyGolf is alright. Mark is much better IMO.  [/QUOTE] MeandmyGolf is okay, but what separates Mark Crossfield from them is the club reviews. Meandmygolf is mostly geared towards lessons and drills because it just seems they're either devoted or sponsored by TMAG. I also watch Rick Shiels, who is similar to Crossfield in that he does give tips, advice, and club reviews. Some of his reviews of new clubs comes out days before Mark Crossfield gets to it. When he gives swing advice to selected golfers, he does show a before and after to show some improvements after one session.

Before and after is cool. I think I'd like to see Mark do a few videos with a student and do before and after a lesson to see differences.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• 4 weeks later...
I've seen more of this mark crossfield recently, I think he's alright! Seems very knowledgable on instructions, and unbiased on reviews! Even his catchphrase is growing on me! I'd have a lesson with him if he was near me, or a round, but I bet he's annoying down the pub!

Gaz Lee

• 1 month later...
I subscribe to marks vids, I am looking for a new set of irons at the moment and I like the vs vids he does on similar clubs down to 2 to 3 sets now to hit, not a big numbers person but would love to have gc 2 hmt in my house, that he uses.

Agreed. Getting out with the lads is something different to watch from the grindy review vids. He is also an ambassador for getting people with a disability into golf which I also admire him for, an all round good guy.

• 2 months later...

Mark Crossfield has a "million" YouTube videos and an app.  No way anyone could do use all the "fixes"; however, his teaching seem to be excellent.  If there are a few "tips" to straighten out swing flaws, then he is doing a great job.  Personally, I could one video about stopping over the top with concentrating on the movement of the handle really improve my ball striking...with all clubs.  My advice: If you find one or two videos really hit home, keep watching them and working on the movements/swing thoughts.  Good luck.

I watch his instruction from time to time. He does have some good ideas that can help the golfer who wants to play to lower scores. I have recommended his videos to some friends. No weird teaching stuff going on with him.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I have to say he's grown on me! I like his way of explaining things, I also like his reviews as he seems very unbiased, I also like his swing! To be critical, his glasses are a bit large, I've never seen his hair, and I'm sure he sleeps in that cap, maybe his head is "stuck in"

Gaz Lee

His course vlogs make me feel better about my game. Most of those guys are "professionals" and have lost balls a lot.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

His course vlogs make me feel better about my game. Most of those guys are "professionals" and have lost balls a lot.

I believe Mark was a pretty good Amateur Player. . A lot of the other guys are just pretty good amateur players (low teen to single digit). I wouldn't label any of them "Professionals".

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I believe Mark was a pretty good Amateur Player. . A lot of the other guys are just pretty good amateur players (low teen to single digit). I wouldn't label any of them "Professionals".

They are teaching professionals, which is why I used "" Mark seems to be the best player of them by far.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

They are teaching professionals, which is why I used "" Mark seems to be the best player of them by far.

Actually Kevin Harper, who has played on the EuroProTour (Europe's top developmental tour) and played in the 2007 Open Championship at Carnoustie , is probably the best player of them. James Pickard was a +2.3 before turning pro in 2010.  When an amateur plays with them, they usually give a handicap.

Note: This thread is 2945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!