IGNORED

My Swing (Jakester23)

Jakester23
Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks I completely agree. I want to work on hitting my long irons with a slight fade or even draw. Now its probably a 10 yard or more fade and I don't have control of it. I understand that is a difficult shot but I feel like 0-11 is a little pathetic.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks I completely agree. I want to work on hitting my long irons with a slight fade or even draw. Now its probably a 10 yard or more fade and I don't have control of it. I understand that is a difficult shot but I feel like 0-11 is a little pathetic.

Yeah that is a bit much. High draws are tough with long irons. Just getting it to more of a straight flight or slight fade is a big victory.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

It appears that you may be cross targeted. I really cant tell with certainty but from the video your feet seem lined up left and your face pointed at the target. That should produce a draw but in your case I think your swinging the club head on the target path with your body aimed left. This may be a reason for your hooks and slices. A over the top move caused by alignment issues. The only difference between the slice and hook is the face angle at contact.

When you write "fade" are you referring to a slice? Again, the video seems to show your alignment is not set up for a fade. Sometimes the simplest solutions may be the best starting point. Address posture, proper alignment (get some alignment sticks), and proper face angle with reference to your target and intended flight. Just my OP :)

With long irons I think I'm hitting a pull slice (fade). Ive never used alignment sticks I'd like to give it a try.

• 1 month later...
I was wondering what app or program I could use to put my swing videos side by side? I have a Mac and would prefer a free one but I will purchase an app if its reasonable.

Analyzr is great and it was designed for use with the Mac. The student edition is very reasonable.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

You sure can. You can find the link on any post of Erik's as well. It is an awesome program.

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

I AM NOT AN INSTRUCTOR...OBVIOUSLY.   Just did this video for Jakester to help a sconie brother out and to show him how awesome Analyzr is.   Please let Jakester know what is best to solve his head moving up and back off the ball.  I could be way off on this.

Nate

I'm up for trying anything new that will help. I just want to know if I'm setting up to bent over to start. If it looks good ill work on feeling like I'm going forward and down. I just didn't want to start off with a wrong setup position and fight with that going forward.

I'm up for trying anything new that will help. I just want to know if I'm setting up to bent over to start. If it looks good ill work on feeling like I'm going forward and down. I just didn't want to start off with a wrong setup position and fight with that going forward.

I do think you are just a bit too bent over. Hopefully others will comment, but I think you should stand up just a bit at address, closer to how you would be at impact.

Nate

I looked at a bunch of pros swings at address and I feel like I don't have enough knee bend. I think that causes me to bend at the waist to much and I have to stand up to get into a good position at the top. I might be wrong but that is what I see.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the range today 26 degrees and snowing :censored: it was cold.  Sorry about the angle I was on the mat that wasn't covered in snow and my phone is on the sidewall of the building.  Im really working on keeping my head from going up and back when I take away the club. I have to feel like I squat to achieve this but It looks much better than it was in the other videos.  Maybe it will warm up so I can get a better view but Im happy I could go.

• 2 months later...

Going off this video I would agree you need to focus on Key#1. I would suggest making practice swings at home with your head against a door frame or have a friend hold a club on the right side of your head. You'll feel the difference right away. You might come up with your own feel but one we generally use for someone like you is to feel like you "stretch" your right side, from the ankle all the way to the shoulder.

Notice the red line, you are kind of "flexed" over your right foot. When you do the wall or stick drill, you'll feel like that "line" is more vertical.

Tiger is stretching more, notice his right hip is high and his chest is facing the sky.

More on the stretching motion here. Also make sure to flare, turn out, both feet, it will help.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thanks Mike. Im going to the range today to work on it. Im probably no going to be able to take any videos but Ill see if I can get one with my phone.

Thanks Mike. Im going to the range today to work on it. Im probably no going to be able to take any videos but Ill see if I can get one with my phone.

Don't forget to work on it at home ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yes sir. I just got home from the range. I basically was only trying to feel my right side stretch. I felt really comfortable doing about 70%(pretty much a full swing but not a complete turn). Im going to be working on that feel a lot until I can get a full turn.

Yes sir. I just got home from the range. I basically was only trying to feel my right side stretch. I felt really comfortable doing about 70%(pretty much a full swing but not a complete turn). Im going to be working on that feel a lot until I can get a full turn.

I find it helps to "feel" like I'm tilting towards the target starting around A2.7 or so, seems to counteract the sway which for me can start to creep in around A3 if I don't monitor it. Video shows that I'm not actually doing that, but staying centered.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!