IGNORED

My Swing (Jakester23)

Jakester23
Note: This thread is 2555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

man, I can't hit a fade to save my soul from hell... Lots of guys I see at the range hit drive 40 to 45 yds high, and these guys are Loooonnnnngg. sigh.

That's sound too high to me. They could probably get more distance if they brought their trajectory down.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mostly a little draw but my miss which is common is a pull draw. I seem to do that every time I over swing. I do get fades but only once and a while. I seem to hit more fades with the driver than with my irons. I hit a real nice pull draw that cost me a really good 9 last weekend. I pulled a 7 iron on a par 3 OB and made a double.

Good to hear. Those are pretty much my exact misses, except I don't really have the pull draw iron much anymore. Just in the long clubs. It is great that you are starting to square up the face to the path more and more it seems.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Hitting a fade isn't really difficult. If I want to hit a fade I open my stance close my club face just a little bit and swing more along my feet line. It's kinda a nice shot for me when I want to make sure I hit my driver in the fairway. It's not as long as when I try to hit a draw but it's also a lot more predictable. For some reason I don't swing as hard when I'm playing a fade(probably because I'm scared to slice to $hit out it ha).

That's sound too high to me. They could probably get more distance if they brought their trajectory down.

I duuno, if you saw how dang Far they hit, you might not think their flight is to high. BTW just guessing on the height, so it maybe a tad lower..

Good to hear. Those are pretty much my exact misses, except I don't really have the pull draw iron much anymore. Just in the long clubs. It is great that you are starting to square up the face to the path more and more it seems.

What did you do or are you doing to get rid of the pulls?

What did you do or are you doing to get rid of the pulls?

What we did in Erie last fall with getting the hips to open. [quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/66657/my-swing-jakester23/90#post_984001"] That's sound too high to me. They could probably get more distance if they brought their trajectory down.[/quote] I know this is common thought out there. I don't really buy into it yet. The higher I hit the ball with good contact, the farther it carries and goes. I have never hit one that I felt was too high with good contact.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

I duuno, if you saw how dang Far they hit, you might not think their flight is to high. BTW just guessing on the height, so it maybe a tad lower..

I believe Tour average is roughly 30 yards of height and THOSE GUYS ARE GOOD!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I believe Tour average is roughly 30 yards of height and THOSE GUYS ARE GOOD!

Yeah but their swing speed is so much faster than us. We need extra height.

Nate

30 yards for a driver?

Roughly 30 yards for every club. It just looks higher for a wedge because you are closer to the max height. It would be like standing next to a tree and then seeing the same tree from 300 yards away.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

What we did in Erie last fall with getting the hips to open.

Is there a swing thought or feel you have when you hit it good and something you feel when you pull one? When I hit a pull I feel like my arms catchup to or maybe pass my lower body on my downswing.  I know that probably not whats is actually happing but thats what I feel.

Is there a swing thought or feel you have when you hit it good and something you feel when you pull one? When I hit a pull I feel like my arms catchup to or maybe pass my lower body on my downswing.  I know that probably not whats is actually happing but thats what I feel.

Mike has a good drill for syncing up your hips, the only problem is, I don't know what it's called, but he has me doing this drill as part of my lesson's.

I'll see if I can explain. Take a good set up, with a 7 or 8i. make a good shoulder turn in your take away until the club is parallel with the ground, keeping the right arm soft, but the wrist's hindged, then make a small downward move toward the ball, just to get a feel, then with your shaft parallel to the ground, in 1 motion make a slow swing at the ball staying Connected, i.e. you turn your hips, shoulders at the same time, hopefully striking the ball, then make a good follow through. Not as easy as it sounds the first few times you do it. I may have left something out, so you may want to PM Mike for a better description.

Thanks Hammer. Im hopefully going to get the the range Friday.

no problem, glad I could be of some small help. Also, sorry for sorta high jacking your thread.. :beer:

No big deal at all Im happy to have help.  I like that there are people on here willing to talk with each other and offer up ideas that may help someone else.

That is not far off.  Basically when I hit a pull my hip work is slow and when I hit a push I feel it working too fast.

Nate

That is not far off.  Basically when I hit a pull my hip work is slow and when I hit a push I feel it working too fast.

Thank you sir. Im playing the Oaks Saturday I hope the weather is decent. I've only played there once but I really like that track.

Thank you sir. Im playing the Oaks Saturday I hope the weather is decent. I've only played there once but I really like that track.

I have not played it but have heard it is nice.  Have fun!

Nate

Note: This thread is 2555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!