IGNORED

I Keep Breaking Shafts…

Skyhawk
Note: This thread is 1177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, billchao said:

My last two sets of irons have KBS Tour shafts and they haven’t been an issue for me, but there are some advantages to not hitting the ground 😉

I think the direct competition to KBS Tour is Project X and Dynamic Gold. Of the three, KBS Tour has a softer tip. I wonder if that is the issue, like they are skirting the line between feel and structural integrity. I hope it's not a manufacturing issue. I like their golf shaft. If I had to chose a different brand it would be Project X. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, PLJB said:

The graphite shaft on my MacGregor disintegrated, after a number of years, and they replaced it, I lost a Taylor made 3 wood, where the shaft went on the back swing.   It was also a few years old, and I bought a replacement from Golfbidder. 
How you break three in a short period of time, is way more than should happen.  So you must be doing something.

You need this shaft!    

• Funny 1

In all the years I have been playing I have never seen anyone break a shaft. Hell the Pro's have 130+ swing speeds and they don't break shafts. The only thing I can think of this that you are wrapping the club around your body on the follow through and hitting your back/shoulder and breaking the shaft.

If not when you get your clubs back go to a Pro for lessons. Shafts should not break even if you are digging dirt.

6 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I think the direct competition to KBS Tour is Project X and Dynamic Gold. Of the three, KBS Tour has a softer tip. I wonder if that is the issue, like they are skirting the line between feel and structural integrity. I hope it's not a manufacturing issue. I like their golf shaft. If I had to chose a different brand it would be Project X. 

I don’t think it’s a manufacturing issue. It has a softer tip as you mentioned and that’s probably why it’s weaker there. It’s a trade off like everything else.

It’s probably not even a problem for most people. I don’t hit my clubs often enough to do that kind of damage. Some people practice constantly and play > 100 rounds a year. They might put the same amount of wear on their clubs in one year that I do to mine in 3-5, by which point I’m looking at a new set anyway.

As for you, you swing too fast 😜

5 hours ago, cooke119 said:

In all the years I have been playing I have never seen anyone break a shaft.

I’ve broken three. Two driver shafts mentioned previously and a 5w.

Hell the Pro's have 130+ swing speeds and they don't break shafts.

Some pros do, but how would we know if they’ve never broken a shaft? Rory breaks driver shaft while practicing isn’t exactly front page news. They’ll just get it replaced by the manufacturer anyway and they don’t exactly play the same club for long periods of time.

The only thing I can think of this that you are wrapping the club around your body on the follow through and hitting your back/shoulder and breaking the shaft.

You’ve never seen a shaft break but you have a theory as to how it happens? Come on, man 😃

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 hours ago, billchao said:

I don’t think it’s a manufacturing issue. It has a softer tip as you mentioned and that’s probably why it’s weaker there. It’s a trade off like everything else.

It’s probably not even a problem for most people. I don’t hit my clubs often enough to do that kind of damage. Some people practice constantly and play > 100 rounds a year. They might put the same amount of wear on their clubs in one year that I do to mine in 3-5, by which point I’m looking at a new set anyway.

As for you, you swing too fast 😜

I’ve broken three. Two driver shafts mentioned previously and a 5w.

Some pros do, but how would we know if they’ve never broken a shaft? Rory breaks driver shaft while practicing isn’t exactly front page news. They’ll just get it replaced by the manufacturer anyway and they don’t exactly play the same club for long periods of time.

You’ve never seen a shaft break but you have a theory as to how it happens? Come on, man 😃

Nope, never seen a shaft break and yes it is a theory not that it is correct. Sorry if I m wrong, I apologize.

Note: This thread is 1177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!