IGNORED

Big Break Mexico

LeviTee
Note:Β This thread is 3876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

This just in: I want to have a one night stand with all the big break girls. On topic note: great episode, cliffhanger kinda sucks but makes the next episode all that better!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

What will piss me off is if they start the next episode and its over in 1 hole.Β  They could of easily put one more hole in this weeks show.Β  But it will get everyone that watched this week to watch next week.

Driver: :tmade:Β R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade:Β R11 3 (15.5 degree)Β & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade:Β R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade:Β ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron:Β 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist:Β ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell:Β Tour V2

Β 

Β 

What will piss me off is if they start the next episode and its over in 1 hole.Β  They could of easily put one more hole in this weeks show.Β  But it will get everyone that watched this week to watch next week.

I didnt get that from the previews, but who knows

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really wish we didn't have to wait a week for each episode... Feels like forever!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• Administrator

Quick thought…

Usually shows are a certain number of episodes.

By adding another show to display the conclusion of this show, I think that we lose Brent, to take the number of teams down to two early on. There's no need anymore for the immunity challenge - the remaining shows can skip straight to the advantage challenge and then the elimination.

If Brent were to win, there'd still be three "teams" and thus shows would be longer. They'd have enough content to fill a full hour each week. So that's why I think Brent loses.

Factors weighing against this:

- We don't know how many episodes they planned.

- It is TGC, so they can just show an original show instead of one of 37,296 replays of something else.

Having typed that out, I was tempted to delete it, because it really is a bunch of bull, but then I figured maybe it would lead to someone else's better, improved thought, so I left it up. I still think it's garbage though, even if I still think Brent ends up losing.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

If Brent is out, I'm out. The whole team thing is stupid and unfair at this point as we have no idea how good Jay really is. I still think Brent is the best player no matter where the show goes. Mark is good but doesn't hit it long enough to ever make it on Tour. Just look at Mark Silvers. AND LEOBOILILIIILOI IS THE MOST ANNOYING CHICK I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. SHE STAYS, I GO!!!!!

Originally Posted by iacas

Quick thought…

Usually shows are a certain number of episodes.

By adding another show to display the conclusion of this show, I think that we lose Brent, to take the number of teams down to two early on. There's no need anymore for the immunity challenge - the remaining shows can skip straight to the advantage challenge and then the elimination.

If Brent were to win, there'd still be three "teams" and thus shows would be longer. They'd have enough content to fill a full hour each week. So that's why I think Brent loses.

Factors weighing against this:

- We don't know how many episodes they planned.

- It is TGC, so they can just show an original show instead of one of 37,296 replays of something else.

Having typed that out, I was tempted to delete it, because it really is a bunch of bull, but then I figured maybe it would lead to someone else's better, improved thought, so I left it up. I still think it's garbage though, even if I still think Brent ends up losing.

I believe there are only 2 or 3 more. They mentioned that on Morning Drive on Monday. I don't know if they meant that Monday's episode was one of the three, or that there are three remaining after Monday's.

Quick thought… Usually shows are a certain number of episodes. By adding another show to display the conclusion of this show, I think that we lose Brent, to take the number of teams down to two early on. There's no need anymore for the immunity challenge - the remaining shows can skip straight to the advantage challenge and then the elimination. If Brent were to win, there'd still be three "teams" and thus shows would be longer. They'd have enough content to fill a full hour each week. So that's why I think Brent loses. Factors weighing against this: - We don't know how many episodes they planned. - It is TGC, so they can just show an original show instead of one of 37,296 replays of something else. [rule] Having typed that out, I was tempted to delete it, because it really is a bunch of bull, but then I figured maybe it would lead to someone else's better, improved thought, so I left it up. I still think it's garbage though, even if I still think Brent ends up losing.

The preview for the next show made you think L would win out. TV generally sucks at duping, which means Brent should win.

Chad started out as a quirky likeable guy but as the season has progressed he just seems unstable and not very likeable.

Ending this week was great, writers couldn't have come up with a better ending than L holing out from the bunker for another tie.

I thought Brent and Jay were #1 or #2 in the house after the first few shows and still believe that, just not sure who's better yet.Β  Matt has been on his own for quite a while which I think has worked to his advantage as he's taking many more shots than the others which probably helps his nerves and timing.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I thought Brent and Jay were #1 or #2 in the house after the first few shows and still believe that, just not sure who's better yet.Β  Matt has been on his own for quite a while which I think has worked to his advantage as he's taking many more shots than the others which probably helps his nerves and timing.

Yeah, I agree. I think Jay is the #1 but Brent is very impressive with the flat stick. Matt is sneaky good. His swing looks like he comes OTT slightly, but he plays solid golf.

I think Chad is sneaky good too, but I can't pull for him. His antics and comments sometimes just come off wrong.

Yeah, I agree. I think Jay is the #1 but Brent is very impressive with the flat stick. Matt is sneaky good. His swing looks like he comes OTT slightly, but he plays solid golf.Β  I think Chad is sneaky good too, but I can't pull for him. His antics and comments sometimes just come off wrong.

Brent has very decent credentials given his web.com experience so it would be pretty disappointing if he was to get eliminated by Lalaorororuror whatever her name is.

I don't expect anybody to agree with me on this (for several reasons) but I would like the show better if players that had already been on any Tour were excluded.

Sure the level of the competition might go down because it might be hard to find enough guys that are working in a factory somewhere with enoughΒ talentΒ that could use a "Big Break".

To me someone that has already been there and didn't take advantage of it has already had their big break. I'm not saying they can't or won't take advantage of another one though.

Originally Posted by tuffluck

The preview for the next show made you think L would win out. TV generally sucks at duping, which means Brent should win.

Yes....it makes you believe Brent is gone.....but it will be the opposite...so he wins.....kinda like what happen on Survivor.

This is funny....on another site...someone is nicknaming Leibilei....Barbara Streisand.....too funny.....Leibilei does look Jewish.

They definitely make it look like Brent loses - especially with that lie in the dirt up against the grass. Β But just because they frame it that way doesn't mean it is so.

It would be a shame to see Brent lose in this playoff. Β For one thing, I think he is the best golfer on the show. Β He doesn't always excel at the challenges - but it seems he does really well at actual golf - which I've always thought should be a little more included in the show. Β He has also gone birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie. Β Hate to lose on that. Β He's gone multi-birdie in previous shows as well. Β Gotta give L credit for matching the score of course - but her play with the hole out and such are a touch more flukey and she even said at one point it is the best golf she has ever played in her life.

Also, Brent is one of the most likable characters on the show so far. Β I don't remember him saying a bunch of bad stuff about the other players, complaining about much, etc. Β There is never anything weird going on with him.

I know the producers like all the drama and personality quirks and such - I guess a ratings grabber. Β But I detest all that stuff and generally prefer the folks with more toned down personalities. Β And like it for an interesting golf contest. Β And I honestly don't care which ones have children and how much they love them and that kind of thing.

But golf is the ultimate meritocracy, if she gets there in the fewest shots - she was the best on that day.

Originally Posted by Meltdwhiskey

They definitely make it look like Brent loses - especially with that lie in the dirt up against the grass. Β But just because they frame it that way doesn't mean it is so.

It would be a shame to see Brent lose in this playoff. Β For one thing, I think he is the best golfer on the show. Β He doesn't always excel at the challenges - but it seems he does really well at actual golf - which I've always thought should be a little more included in the show. Β He has also gone birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie. Β Hate to lose on that. Β He's gone multi-birdie in previous shows as well. Β Gotta give L credit for matching the score of course - but her play with the hole out and such are a touch more flukey and she even said at one point it is the best golf she has ever played in her life.

Also, Brent is one of the most likable characters on the show so far. Β I don't remember him saying a bunch of bad stuff about the other players, complaining about much, etc. Β There is never anything weird going on with him.

I know the producers like all the drama and personality quirks and such - I guess a ratings grabber. Β But I detest all that stuff and generally prefer the folks with more toned down personalities. Β And like it for an interesting golf contest. Β And I honestly don't care which ones have children and how much they love them and that kind of thing.

But golf is the ultimate meritocracy, if she gets there in the fewest shots - she was the best on that day.

IMO Brent sucked on purpose two rounds in a row to get his two teammates kicked off.Β  I feel 99% confident that is true at least with Brian, who was bringing that team down significantly.Β  Brent knew if they lost the immunity challenge, Brian would be the chosen player to go head-to-head, and likely lose and be kicked off.Β  He was spot on.Β  He then probably saw Stephanie (I think was his other teammate) as a weak link, and there was probably a 50% chance at that point he figured they would pick her head-to-head as well.Β  Then it would be only him and he would feel more confident alone than with iffy teammates moving forward.

I think the actual competition lasts maybe 1-2 weeks.Β  Every show the players hint at "we'll see what happens tomorrow," but the show isn't aired for another week.Β  I hear that clue on every show, so I have a feeling they weren't in Mexico for more than 15 days, grinding it out every day until it was over.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by tuffluck

I think the actual competition lasts maybe 1-2 weeks.Β  Every show the players hint at "we'll see what happens tomorrow," but the show isn't aired for another week.Β  I hear that clue on every show, so I have a feeling they weren't in Mexico for more than 15 days, grinding it out every day until it was over.

I think it's pretty well known that the competition lasts about 7-10 days, yes.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

IMO Brent sucked on purpose two rounds in a row to get his two teammates kicked off.Β  I feel 99% confident that is true at least with Brian, who was bringing that team down significantly.Β  Brent knew if they lost the immunity challenge, Brian would be the chosen player to go head-to-head, and likely lose and be kicked off.Β  He was spot on.Β  He then probably saw Stephanie (I think was his other teammate) as a weak link, and there was probably a 50% chance at that point he figured they would pick her head-to-head as well.Β  Then it would be only him and he would feel more confident alone than with iffy teammates moving forward. I think the actual competition lasts maybe 1-2 weeks.Β  Every show the players hint at "we'll see what happens tomorrow," but the show isn't aired for another week.Β  I hear that clue on every show, so I have a feeling they weren't in Mexico for more than 15 days, grinding it out every day until it was over.

[quote name="iacas" url="/t/66694/big-break-mexico/60#post_866715"] I think it's pretty well known that the competition lasts about 7-10 days, yes. [/quote]Tuffluck, if you do a search of the site you can find a thread if a q&a; with Liam from greenbrier after he got eliminated. He answers a lot of those behind the scenes questions. Iirc, the days equal episodes. If there are 12 contestants to start, then yeah, pretty sure the whole thing is less than 12 days. Ps ... I realllly like lebelie!

Note:Β This thread is 3876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!