IGNORED

How big is your drive?

ProGolf
Note: This thread is 3853 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by phan52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProGolf

Hi guys, bought a new driver, extra stiff, custom made to my swing style. Gonna pop to the range in a bit and see if I can finally crush 400+ :D

It's about to get real messy

Seriously, do people still carry drivers? Weak.

Shock and awe. It's got it's purpose.

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had to stop. Most courses around here only have holes up to about 585 yards, so I just started teeing off with my 6 iron on those and hoping I wouldn't overshoot the green.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Quote:

I had to stop. Most courses around here only have holes up to about 585 yards, so I just started teeing off with my 6 iron on those and hoping I wouldn't overshoot the green.

I got tired of not being able to hit anything over 6 iron, so I switched whiffle balls made out of aircraft grade alloy.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

I got tired of not being able to hit anything over 6 iron, so I switched whiffle balls made out of aircraft grade alloy.

I tried that, but the windspeed through the holes was fast and so loud that deafened everyone within a 12 mile radius.

Ryan M

Quote:

I tried that, but the windspeed through the holes was fast and so loud that deafened everyone within a 12 mile radius.

Had mine specially engineered by Boeing with anti-loudness quantum dampeners. They charge me about $175 a dozen, but worth it. I know a guy, I can hook you up.

Tyler Martin

Had mine specially engineered by Boeing with anti-loudness quantum dampeners. They charge me about $175 a dozen, but worth it. I know a guy, I can hook you up.

Why a dozen? With that alloy, they should last forever. I've never lost a ball...how much for just 1?

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

Quote:

Why a dozen? With that alloy, they should last forever. I've never lost a ball...how much for just 1?

Eh, they end up getting scorch marks and scuffs after a while, so I went ahead and got a dozen. I'm sure they would sell them individually though.

Tyler Martin

I don't :) I am considered a long hitter, but it's nothing compared to what people are posting here ;) (I hit my 4wood about 240 meters)

Originally Posted by cipher

Sort of, I scream from start to finish. (TWSS)

that's during the entire 18 hole round - it's like 20 minutes total

Bill - 

Yup, I am already aware I can out drive those chumps... There are many people who can out drive them; me being one.

I think their focus is on accuracy.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm still not allowed to play golf in San Diego after the whole "Heaven's Gate" thing back in the late 90's, I tee'd off with a prototype Hale Bopp Golf ball in 1995 and we're still waiting on the official distance

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

I haven't been able to get out much this summer and so my game is a little rusty.  I suspect my clubhead speed is down about 20mph from where it should be which puts it at somewhere around...say...145mph?   How far should I be able to hit with this clubhead speed?  I may have to go with a higher lofted club to compensate.  Is there such thing as a 66 deg wedge?

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

There's a course in AZ bordering Mexico where you OB into Mexico on a bad slice for righties.

Sounds like a joke. I hit my ball so far out of bounds it ended up in a different country.

Originally Posted by barbm12thtee

Sounds like a joke.

So, it's in the correct thread, then?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I'm not long at all. 250-260 probably at most.

I need to maybe work on this as it can be a real struggle on long Par 5s - often with me hitting my 3rd shot 100 yards away from the green.

• 2 months later...

http://www.golf.com/video/long-drive-champ-bobby-wilson-rips-through-bag-flour

Honorable mention to the guy who can out drive most people with a shot from between his legs ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm not long at all. 250-260 probably at most.

I need to maybe work on this as it can be a real struggle on long Par 5s - often with me hitting my 3rd shot 100 yards away from the green.

Struggle away.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3853 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!