IGNORED

My Swing (Slice of Life)

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just read all nine pages between a nap after nose surgery yesterday. I have quickly become a fan of your posts so please keep them coming. I see a lot of similarities in your swings to mine. I do hit greens a bit more than you seem to but my driving isn't consistent or as long. I don't hit my irons as far either.

I have been working on shortening my back swing for years. Especially with my driver which you always want to hit as far as possible. What do you use as a trigger to start your downswing with your driver? I have a feeling this could help me shorten my swing. I tend to over draw my tee shots.

Just read all nine pages between a nap after nose surgery yesterday. I have quickly become a fan of your posts so please keep them coming. I see a lot of similarities in your swings to mine. I do hit greens a bit more than you seem to but my driving isn't consistent or as long. I don't hit my irons as far either.

I have been working on shortening my back swing for years. Especially with my driver which you always want to hit as far as possible. What do you use as a trigger to start your downswing with your driver? I have a feeling this could help me shorten my swing. I tend to over draw my tee shots.

I've actually shortened my driver swing a lot this year and (purposefully) lost a lot of distance. I've been maxing out at about 250 with just a little drill swing...but it's been going straight or even drawing a little, so I'm happy with it.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've actually shortened my driver swing a lot this year and (purposefully) lost a lot of distance. I've been maxing out at about 250 with just a little drill swing...but it's been going straight or even drawing a little, so I'm happy with it.

Are you still using the drill swing on the course and your normal swing at the range? :whistle:

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

Are you still using the drill swing on the course and your normal swing at the range?

Ha ha ha ha. BURN!

Best your swing's looked. DL view?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ha ha ha ha. BURN! Best your swing's looked. DL view?

Ha. It's coming...just got the phone and wanted to get a quick video to test the quality. Gonna go get a real tripod and set up an area for FO and DTL shots. And hook, I'll try to post that next week at some point. Thanks btw, I think doing that stop and check drill 1,000,000 times has come close to stopping the gangly teenager follow through.

Ryan M

Looking good though!

Agreed, looking good! Keep us updated on your progress when you get going with Evolvr

Henry

Still sick, but needed to do something to get out of the house...even if it just meant going to the garage lol.

Here's a new one with DTL and FO. This little phone camera is pretty neat...

God, my head just moves everywhere. :doh:

Ryan M

• Administrator

Looks good. Narrow the stance up a bit… and I'll try to get back here to add to the thread with more detail when I'm not working on these pictures from the event you missed. :D

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Looks good. Narrow the stance up a bit… and I'll try to get back here to add to the thread with more detail when I'm not working on these pictures from the event you missed. :D

Will do...I always feel unstable when I narrow it...but I'm sure that's a problem with another part of my swing and not the actual stance.

I couldn't have played anyway...still sick as hell.

Ryan M

Still sick and hacking stuff up, so I've been avoiding the clubs, sans one trip to Columbus to play with Erik ( @iacas ), Matt ( @saevel25 ), and George ( @georgep ).

However, I did pick up a copy of Lowest Score Wins from Erik, so that can keep me company until I get better.

On a side note...God, did I have the worst golf day ever Sunday. Shot a 117 with those guys. Honest to God I didn't have one good full golf shot. And the worst part is, my short game was actually decent (for me)...so I can't even blame that. Really didn't miss any putts that I should have made...couple of good up and downs...

But 117...woof. Haven't shot that bad since 2008.

Ryan M

Still sick and hacking stuff up, so I've been avoiding the clubs, sans one trip to Columbus to play with Erik (@iacas), Matt (@saevel25), and George (@georgep).

However, I did pick up a copy of Lowest Score Wins from Erik, so that can keep me company until I get better.

On a side note...God, did I have the worst golf day ever Sunday. Shot a 117 with those guys. Honest to God I didn't have one good full golf shot. And the worst part is, my short game was actually decent (for me)...so I can't even blame that. Really didn't miss any putts that I should have made...couple of good up and downs...

But 117...woof. Haven't shot that bad since 2008.

I would have hated to see what my score would have been up in Erie. And that was after I had been dropping my handicap consistently for a couple of weeks. I don't know if it's because I try harder around people I know are a lot better or if it's just coincidental.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Ouch! Golf is funny that way.

Stupid game.

I would have hated to see what my score would have been up in Erie. And that was after I had been dropping my handicap consistently for a couple of weeks. I don't know if it's because I try harder around people I know are a lot better or if it's just coincidental.

I'm not overly concerned. I wasn't feeling my best, didn't sleep, and was sick. I've been striking the ball well as of late and will just chalk it up to a bad round due to illness. I still had a great time, and was glad to get the invite from Erik.

Ryan M

• Administrator

I'm not overly concerned. I wasn't feeling my best, didn't sleep, and was sick. I've been striking the ball well as of late and will just chalk it up to a bad round due to illness. I still had a great time, and was glad to get the invite from Erik.

Nor was I.

Some things in your swing that need attention, but we'll get to those soon-ish. Hopefully after we play we can go somewhere to "work" without drawing the ire of any resident instructors or anything.

Nor was I.

Some things in your swing that need attention, but we'll get to those soon-ish. Hopefully after we play we can go somewhere to "work" without drawing the ire of any resident instructors or anything.

Right. Hopefully when we can get together, I'll be back to "normal". I just struggled to focus and my swing went to s***.

I do have some PTO to burn up before the year is over...so we'll have to pick a day soon when we might get some nice weather.

Ryan M

Been drilling all week, went out and bought a net so I wasn't just whacking balls at my garage wall.

Results showed today, struck the ball well. Hit 5 greens (3 putted 2 of them), and 3 nGIRs, and had 8 pars. Had my share of bad putts and a couple of penalties, so I shot 43/50 for a mediocre 93. Probably the best I've hit the ball...ever, though. So I was happy. Better course management could have saved me 5-6 shots too.

Here's a couple slow mo shots. Really working on a new feel to keep the head still. On the FO one, it looks like it's working...even though my head is turning more, it doesn't move as far left and right. Also focusing on swinging inside to out...seems to be working. I think these are the first two I'll submit to Evolvr.

Ryan M

Whelp, signed up and uploaded these to Evolvr. I'll post back when they analyze!

(I said I'd join in September...not wasting any time I guess. ;-) )

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!