IGNORED

White gloves vs. black gloves - this post is not racist!!

Note: This thread is 3933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Gentlemen. I have had the pleasure of trying a variety of golf gloves and the FJ Weathersoft and Nike Durafit are my favorite.

I have noticed something troubling.  I like to wear white gloves but have bought black gloves on occasion when available.

Today is the third time that a black gloves has ripped when I have pulled it to tighten it up on my hand.  This has happened twice with the Nike Durafit and now once with the FJ Weathersoft.  In all cases it was the first or second time wearing the gloves.

Are the black gloves a different material or treated with a different chemical?  Each time the glove rips around the inside wrist and right about the "female" velcro circle.

I wear Nike gloves myself and have never had an issue. Mine are White/Black so maybe the blend of the two colors make it stronger, even though that sounds like crazy talk. I've never heard of anyone having an issue like that before, weird.

I would even go as far to say that the material feels a little thinner.  Can't find anything about it.  Academy was enthusiastic about replacing the Nikes but I got the FJ at a little driving range and don't want to make them replace it.

Originally Posted by TJBam

No i am a male wear a medium

never mind....better not go there....lol

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As the OP said... "not to be racist but..."

Since I'm a white dude, I might find a black glove more distracting due to color contrast. Of course, it could make no difference at all, as I've never tried one...

I guess it's the inverse of why some people like to use yellow or orange [or pink, ladies] golf balls. You want to see contrast between the ball and the grass, but not between your glove and the rest of your body.

taylormade.gif Burner Superfast 1.0: 10.5* Driver, 15* 3-wood

adams.gif a5OS Hybrid/Irons Set: 3h-5h, 6-PW

adams.gif "Tom Watson Classic" Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*
taylormade.gif Est 79 TM-770 Putter, "Fontana" Pattern

xFIXx

I prefer white.  I can see my knuckles better and I feel that I can see my grip better with white gloves on.

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

I prefer white ... need to find white rain gloves -- it gets so hot and humid in Texas that I sometimes am forced to wear rain gloves in 100 heat to get a grip.

I look like Tommy Two Gloves and what is worse, black makes it too hot...

To the OP - try not to pull that glove down, pull gently, or move up a size if it's not too big on your fingers.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

No glove.  I quit wearing a glove more than 15 years ago.  That makes one less decision I have to make, and this white glove/black glove choice would just be much too difficult.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

No glove.  I quit wearing a glove more than 15 years ago.  That makes one less decision I have to make, and this white glove/black glove choice would just be much too difficult. e2_whistling.gif

I don't always wear a glove, but when I do, I prefer white. Stay dry my friends.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I prefer white ... need to find white rain gloves -- it gets so hot and humid in Texas that I sometimes am forced to wear rain gloves in 100 heat to get a grip.

MrD: pick up a FJ WeatherSoft 2-pack. Rotate gloves on each hole. I'm from Texas and have never had problems using this technique. And drink Dos Equis when you get thirsty.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

LOL at this post not being racist. I think over the years I've purchased more white gloves myself. I wear Nike gloves and I've found the premium leather gloves only come in white/white with black designs.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I think many people here are missing the question.  Black gloves always rip for me.  They actually have a different feel to the fabric texture as far as i can tell.  Are they not made of the same material as white ones? I always liked the look of a black glove when wearing black pants but sadly they are all in shreds now.

I think many people here are missing the question.  Black gloves always rip for me.  They actually have a different feel to the fabric texture as far as i can tell.  Are they not made of the same material as white ones? I always liked the look of a black glove when wearing black pants but sadly they are all in shreds now.

Try FJ rain gloves. They come in black and will keep you dry

Look at the back label of the package.  It may tell you if it is a different type of leather.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

MrD: pick up a FJ WeatherSoft 2-pack. Rotate gloves on each hole. I'm from Texas and have never had problems using this technique. And drink Dos Equis when you get thirsty.

Thanks. Always good to have another alternative. Keep those hands dry, my friend.

Note: This thread is 3933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!