IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

• Administrator

Was just looking at the last dtl video I had done. Wanted to try to point out things I think are good and bad in it for feedback. The FO needs redone and hoping to get to the range tonight to do some new videos. Only thing that looked good on that was I was stopping my backswing at a good spot..

Record good new videos tonight and I'll have a look at them tomorrow and will post some thoughts.

It'll be good to see how the shorter backswing is "sticking."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Record good new videos tonight and I'll have a look at them tomorrow and will post some thoughts.

Unfortunately no go on the swing recording tonight, have a going away party for my nephew who's moving to North Carolina. I'll shoot for wednesday after work.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Unfortunately no go on the swing recording tonight, have a going away party for my nephew who's moving to North Carolina. I'll shoot for wednesday after work.

No practice balls in the backyard?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

No practice balls in the backyard?

Unfortunately no, that'll be a purchase this week also.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Ok, what I learned is I can't go basically a whole week without touching a club... Here we go. I screwed up the FO again, but it just cuts out the club head/ball area. I think it's clear that the ball isn't too far back though. Also, it seems like the shortened backswing has stayed consistent. Rip it up, I'm not happy with it really at this point.

edit: one thing I did notice is I'm doing a pretty good job with steady head and some better weight shift. Hopefully these videos are at least of sufficient quality to be reviewed.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Broke down and signed up for Evolvr. I'll keep this thread updated with what I'm told there.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Broke down and signed up for Evolvr. I'll keep this thread updated with what I'm told there.

Very nice.  I want to do this as well.  Just not in my budget right now.

Maybe I can swing it this winter when I am not paying to play golf.  That is if I can get something decent set up in my garage for hitting balls.

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Yeah, I'm planning on setting up a decent hitting area in the garage if I can get it arranged right. That and a 2 camera set up to record dlt and fo at the same time. I figure it will be around 300 or 400 in stuff to get it all but priceless when it comes to being able to maintain and/or improve my swing through the winter instead of having to start all over again like I did this year. The most frustrating thing is how bad my flip has resurfaced. At the end of last year I had it mostly eliminated... In the swings I posted from last night the "feel isn't real" hits home so strongly because I was really trying to focus on not flipping in these swings and felt like I did well but it obviously not the case.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Yeah, I'm planning on setting up a decent hitting area in the garage if I can get it arranged right. That and a 2 camera set up to record dlt and fo at the same time. I figure it will be around 300 or 400 in stuff to get it all but priceless when it comes to being able to maintain and/or improve my swing through the winter instead of having to start all over again like I did this year. The most frustrating thing is how bad my flip has resurfaced. At the end of last year I had it mostly eliminated... In the swings I posted from last night the "feel isn't real" hits home so strongly because I was really trying to focus on not flipping in these swings and felt like I did well but it obviously not the case.

I think hitting in the garage all winter will help me a lot.  As of know, I (to my eye) can get decent results hitting into the net.  As soon as I hit the range or course, where I can see ball flight, old habits creep back in because I am looking for results right away.  I think if I can ingrain some of these things in my swing all winter when I don't have a chance to hit outside, it will help me quite a bit.

-Matt-

I'm doing the same once I get access to a higher speed camera (Aug. 15th...counting down the days haha).

Swing looks waaay better than last year. You may not be seeing the results...but they'll come. I didn't see the results of my swing changes from last year until this season...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I'm doing the same once I get access to a higher speed camera (Aug. 15th...counting down the days haha).

Swing looks waaay better than last year. You may not be seeing the results...but they'll come. I didn't see the results of my swing changes from last year until this season...

I initially wanted to wait until I got a better camera but even with using the iphone for now I get decent enough videos that I can get started.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Great move with Evolr @Jeremie Boop I will not be far behind you ...

@Slice of Life I was worried about a camera, but I can submit from my iPhone apparently ... so no more excuses for me!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Great move with Evolr @Jeremie Boop  I will not be far behind you ...

@Slice of Life I was worried about a camera, but I can submit from my iPhone apparently ... so no more excuses for me!

I've slowed down video from my Galaxy SIII...it's choppy. That, and my camera is damaged...so there are splotchy spots everywhere. Aug. 15th, I get a new phone...and the S5 records at 120 fps...which should be plenty fast.

EDIT: Now that I've moved into my new house, I also have an unfinished portion of the basement with tall enough ceilings and good lighting. This will work perfect in the winter.

Ryan M

I've slowed down video from my Galaxy SIII...it's choppy. That, and my camera is damaged...so there are splotchy spots everywhere. Aug. 15th, I get a new phone...and the S5 records at 120 fps...which should be plenty fast.

EDIT: Now that I've moved into my new house, I also have an unfinished portion of the basement with tall enough ceilings and good lighting. This will work perfect in the winter.

Well that's going to be a lot more comfortable temperature wise than my garage will be but I'm not going to complain because at least I won't be outside.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Well that's going to be a lot more comfortable temperature wise than my garage will be but I'm not going to complain because at least I won't be outside.

My garage is not heated either, but at least it is insulated.  For the most part it stays above freezing.

-Matt-

Yeah, I didn't have it over the winter...and was in an apartment...so I didn't swing a club from September to June.

Ryan M

I'm jealous.

@Jeremie Boop - Based on our convo this morning in the Dayton thread, this video might be helpful to you.

- Shane

Congrats on evolvr! I can't wait to join again in about 10-13 days as well! Can't wait to see what they have you workin on!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad