IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop
Note: This thread is 756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That makes no sense Shane, if I gain yards with my driver the gap gets bigger.... The driver goes too far as it is, unless you are saying just hit the 2h further rofl.

If you fix the flip...every club goes further. ;)

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you fix the flip...every club goes further. ;)

That still leaves the 50+ yard gap to deal with. If I start hitting my 2h 280-290 that would be crazy.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

This has been no help at all!!!!

Just kidding, I'm just going to deal with the gap for now and revisit when I have the funds for a properly fitted option. League is nearly over anyway.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Just kidding, I'm just going to deal with the gap for now and revisit when I have the funds for a properly fitted option. League is nearly over anyway.

My work here is done. :smartass:

- Shane

I don't think it is a bad problem to have.  I have a large gap past 240 yards.  Primarily because I don't have a club that will hit the ball any farther...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

My work here is done.

If only I had gotten some sweet clubs for free I'd have some extra cash.... B-)

I don't think it is a bad problem to have.  I have a large gap past 240 yards.  Primarily because I don't have a club that will hit the ball any farther...

Yeah, the only reason I see it as a problem is because I run into it every week. There's always one or 2 holes where if I hit the driver it's going to be too long and the 2h is going to be a bit short. I guess another option would be to learn a partial or easy swing with my driver to hit that distance but I don't really like that idea.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlSpackler

My work here is done.

If only I had gotten some sweet clubs for free I'd have some extra cash....

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Yeah, the only reason I see it as a problem is because I run into it every week. There's always one or 2 holes where if I hit the driver it's going to be too long and the 2h is going to be a bit short. I guess another option would be to learn a partial or easy swing with my driver to hit that distance but I don't really like that idea.

Yup...again, no sympathy from me.  I wish I had problems like to deal with.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

You've gotten some advice. Did you still need any from me? Didn't seem like it.

Did you read what LSW says? :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You've gotten some advice. Did you still need any from me? Didn't seem like it.

Did you read what LSW says? :)

I haven't read all of LSW yet, and I suppose unless you have conflicting advice then there's no need to say anything. I was going with the closer is always better principle but I guess I was a bit off. But the book does say that a 3w is important.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Up and down night. I had a couple really good drives on back to back holes, slight wind at the back around 8-10 mph had a 300 and 320ish yard drives. My problem tonight was a weird one to have, I was striking the ball ridiculously well so I was hitting my approach shots way too far, like 10 yards too far. I suppose that's a good problem to have. Lost a couple balls tonight, one was after the 320 yard drive I forgot to club down for the wind and carried the ball over the green which has a slope and ob 20 yards passed the green. So I landed on the downslope which kicked the ball straight OB... The second one was the over the water drive hole, this hole played into the wind and I pull drawed the ball to a spot that required probably 260 carry and just landed short. 3rd lost ball wasn't even lost, I just about a perfect tee shot on the last hole then duffed my 60* wedge and the ball landed just over the creek and bounced backwards. I just assumed the ball ended up in the water. After finishing out the hole I went back to fish the ball out of the water only to find it a grassy spot just inside the hazard where I could have played out. I ended up with a 48 with the 3 lost ball penalties and had 2 3 putts. So overall I wasn't playing too poorly, just had a few errors that cost me. I really feel like my game is coming around. I made the turn and walked the back 9 which went a lot better until the last 2 holes, just was too hot and tired. Hands were sweaty and the club was twisting in my hands. Not a big deal, still ended up at +10 but I was only +5 after 7 holes. I really feel like things are turning a corner with my swing. I have a good feel for stopping the flip. I don't execute it right 100% of the time but it's getting more consistent which is evidenced by my longer/straighter drives and longer/straighter iron shots. As long as I can keep focusing on getting that feel cemented into my swing through the winter I have a good feeling about next here being a banner year for me improvement wise.

Forgot to mention I had 2 good hybrid "drives" also one lowish that ran out to 254 and one perfect high draw downhill that went 272. I just couldn't capitalize with my approach shots because I haven't found a comfortable swing for 60 ish yards.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Your power is impressive with that flip. If I hadn't played with you before, I'm not sure I'd believe you. :-D

My distance is going in the opposite direction. I think my driver distance has dropped 30 yards on average this season.

Back on topic...maybe your changes are taking affect and you're flipping less...would explain the additional yardage....

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Your power is impressive with that flip. If I hadn't played with you before, I'm not sure I'd believe you. :-D My distance is going in the opposite direction. I think my driver distance has dropped 30 yards on average this season. Back on topic...maybe your changes are taking affect and you're flipping less...would explain the additional yardage....

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's happening, those longer shots are non flip swings. I can feel the difference in the swing when they happen. Not only that but the sound is different in both the swing and the impact. I'm getting better at it, it's probably more like 1/3 of my swings are non-flips now. Maybe a bit more. The other swings are varying degrees of flip from a little to holy crap that was bad rofl

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Up and down night. I had a couple really good drives on back to back holes, slight wind at the back around 8-10 mph had a 300 and 320ish yard drives. My problem tonight was a weird one to have, I was striking the ball ridiculously well so I was hitting my approach shots way too far, like 10 yards too far. I suppose that's a good problem to have. Lost a couple balls tonight, one was after the 320 yard drive I forgot to club down for the wind and carried the ball over the green which has a slope and ob 20 yards passed the green. So I landed on the downslope which kicked the ball straight OB... The second one was the over the water drive hole, this hole played into the wind and I pull drawed the ball to a spot that required probably 260 carry and just landed short. 3rd lost ball wasn't even lost, I just about a perfect tee shot on the last hole then duffed my 60* wedge and the ball landed just over the creek and bounced backwards. I just assumed the ball ended up in the water. After finishing out the hole I went back to fish the ball out of the water only to find it a grassy spot just inside the hazard where I could have played out. I ended up with a 48 with the 3 lost ball penalties and had 2 3 putts. So overall I wasn't playing too poorly, just had a few errors that cost me. I really feel like my game is coming around. I made the turn and walked the back 9 which went a lot better until the last 2 holes, just was too hot and tired. Hands were sweaty and the club was twisting in my hands. Not a big deal, still ended up at +10 but I was only +5 after 7 holes. I really feel like things are turning a corner with my swing. I have a good feel for stopping the flip. I don't execute it right 100% of the time but it's getting more consistent which is evidenced by my longer/straighter drives and longer/straighter iron shots. As long as I can keep focusing on getting that feel cemented into my swing through the winter I have a good feeling about next here being a banner year for me improvement wise.

Forgot to mention I had 2 good hybrid "drives" also one lowish that ran out to 254 and one perfect high draw downhill that went 272. I just couldn't capitalize with my approach shots because I haven't found a comfortable swing for 60 ish yards.

You realize how much us short-hitters hate you, right? :-P

Agree, with your distance and a little work you're gonna see some HUGE scoring improvements pretty soon.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

You realize how much us short-hitters hate you, right?

Agree, with your distance and a little work you're gonna see some HUGE scoring improvements pretty soon.

I think he might be too preoccupied with distance :whistle:;-)

Up and down night. I had a couple really good drives on back to back holes, slight wind at the back around 8-10 mph had a 300 and 320ish yard drives. My problem tonight was a weird one to have, I was striking the ball ridiculously well so I was hitting my approach shots way too far, like 10 yards too far.

Less flip = less loft at impact and getting contact near max velocity. Though I think a flip is a speed (power accumulator) move in the swing. Just when you do that too early you add loft and decrease speed, more of a timing move.

You might have issues for a bit while your swing fluctuates between flip and non flip. I would error on the side of less trouble. If OB Is back, then club down and make sure you don't juice one way over.

One was after the 320 yard drive I forgot to club down for the wind and carried the ball over the green which has a slope and ob 20 yards passed the green. So I landed on the downslope which kicked the ball straight OB...

Read the book Erik gave you. If you are hitting a lot of long drives, and you know the wind is behind you. Why hit driver if it brings in OB. OB is a dark zone, DEATH!!! Your ball should not come with in 20 yards of OB in most cases.  On a short hole like that, the 260 yard hybrid might be a good option? I know hitting the green from the tee is pretty cool, but sometimes on short holes like that, they are like long par 3's where all the bad stuff is near the green.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I think he might be too preoccupied with distance

Less flip = less loft at impact and getting contact near max velocity. Though I think a flip is a speed (power accumulator) move in the swing. Just when you do that too early you add loft and decrease speed, more of a timing move.

You might have issues for a bit while your swing fluctuates between flip and non flip. I would error on the side of less trouble. If OB Is back, then club down and make sure you don't juice one way over.

Read the book Erik gave you. If you are hitting a lot of long drives, and you know the wind is behind you. Why hit driver if it brings in OB. OB is a dark zone, DEATH!!! Your ball should not come with in 20 yards of OB in most cases.  On a short hole like that, the 260 yard hybrid might be a good option? I know hitting the green from the tee is pretty cool, but sometimes on short holes like that, they are like long par 3's where all the bad stuff is near the green.

I didn't hit my drive OB, I hit my approach OB after that drive because I didn't club down for the wind. That was a par 5, I don't think hitting a 260 hybrid leaving myself with closer to 200 instead of 140 is the smart play. I hit hybrid on the last hole because that is the smart play because a good drive puts you in the trees through the fairway and the 8th hole because it's only 290 with a tee box behind the green. I am getting better at knowing when to keep the driver in the bag. Also, I will grant that I'm a bit obsessed with distance, but that's because closer to the hole is better for scoring!! Also a shorter iron is easier to hit than a longer iron, so yeah. For now I'm going to err on the side of a bit less club if I think there is a chance of flying greens.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I have a question if you don't mind because I saw that posted it and Matt posted it as well. You mentioned that a couple hits were "non-flip" hits and then Matt mentioned "fluctuates between flip and non-flip", so I guess my real question is this even possible? If you recorded 20 swings in a row for example and I asked you after each one did you flip or not flip, how many would you accurately point out, and would they actually even look any different? It seems that you are coming to your conclusion by the result of the hit, but I dont think anyone can conclude what you did during your swing from that, and you can't say that you feel that you didn't flip because we all know feel is not real, so that's what I'm trying to figure out! Ps I hope I'm not out of line with my question, just trying to understand and learn my friend! Cheers

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I would say I would be pretty accurate. It is definitely possible to have some flip and non flip swings just like with any setting change you make. It's fine to ask though. The ball flight, distance, sound of style are all significantly different when I flip and don't flip.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!