IGNORED

Fox Sports 2015 U.S. Open Thread (Joe Buck, Greg Norman)

ChrisP
Note: This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was FOX adding a subtle shading effect to the greens to highlight the slope of the greens?  They mentioned that several times but I thought it was just the natural shading of the grass...

what the greens should have looked like if the USGA added some ****ing quality H20 to the greens - that course was a farce - and didn't represent the types of courses in that region - more like central Washington where there is desert  (Yakima, for instance). I lived 10 miles south of where Chambers Bay was developed and learned to golf on courses with huge evergreens, plus grasses and green (not artificial either) fairways and rough - Chambers Bay was an artificially manufactured course - even the fake ruin buildings that bordered the fairways showed that. They do the same thing in Myrtle Beach to give a novel appearance to courses.

One more note on Holly. If she is trying to assume a role as a journalist, she can't come out to interview people wearing a Hot Chick golf outfit. That's what she wears doing an instruction show with Martin Hall. In a tournament role, has to be dressed like a journalist. She can't have it both ways and expect to have any credibility.

Very true. Fox has a history of this stuff though with the NFL - weather girl, I think.   I think it would be a distraction for the players trying to keep their focus on the questions -

I think at some point during the broadcast every player was referred to as a "great ball striker".

Of course they are great ball strikers!!! THEY ARE PLAYING IN THE # @&($ # US OPEN!!

sorry.....end rant.....

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

• 2 weeks later...

Cameras lost the ball a lot so ProTracer was very useful. Pursuing Jason Day to the toilet was beyond obnoxious.

Norman seemed fine, but generally seemed like Fox crew wasn't in their rhythm yet.

Kevin

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2015/7/7/holly-sonders-reassigned-to-postgame-show-role.html

Holly Sonders "Reassigned" To Postgame Show Role

I always thought Holly Sonders was hired by Fox Sports to be their Erin Andrews in the studio and sidelines, and after tough reviews for her U.S. Open interviews along with the horrible effort by Curt Menifee, the former Golf Channel star is headed back to the studio. Where she was always meant to be?!

Aaron Kasinitz reports.

"We're not reassigning Holly because she did a bad job," Fox's coordinating producer Mark Loomis said. "I think Holly's been great for us. It's just that she can't do both the postgame show and the interviews."

The show Sonders is set to host will be on-site at the Lancaster Country Club.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!