IGNORED

Worst round......

sigfan2340
Note: This thread is 3892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just shot the worst round of golf I have played in a long time..... I couldn't hit anything straight, only played 9 holes and shot a 61..... including 12 penalty strokes.... The good news.... I never 3+ putted any holes.... I am just going to blame it on the heat and humidity today and forget about it.......

Hey, I went through the same thing... where I live it was hot and humid too, and It was just a tough day..

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six, and write down five".

Paul Harvey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ugh. It happens. Where'd you play?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

You guys are funny. I shot a 53 today on 9 holes and that was tied for my best round. But hey, I shot 8 strokes under you and I'm a 36 handicap so I feel proud of that.

But we all have bad days and tough courses, I shot a 134 on Indian Creek(my highest ever) tough course though lots of water hazards.

On the plus side that becomes only a 51 or less once you remove penalty strokes, depending on how many of them were OB.

Originally Posted by daniel2852

You guys are funny. I shot a 53 today on 9 holes and that was tied for my best round. But hey, I shot 8 strokes under you and I'm a 36 handicap so I feel proud of that.

But we all have bad days and tough courses, I shot a 134 on Indian Creek(my highest ever) tough course though lots of water hazards.

I think a 134 would cause me to kill myself or break every club in my bag 1 by 1

Originally Posted by kw purp

I think a 134 would cause me to kill myself or break every club in my bag 1 by 1

My normal group that I play with have a few "pace of play" rules that we play by.  One of them is that double par is the max you can take on a given hole.  By that logic, 144 is the max you can shoot on most golf courses (Par 72*2) so I would have to agree, if I played a course that forced me to NOT finish more holes that I finished, I would choose to play easier courses next time.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

The past two weekends has gotten me fed up with my swing.... on my local course 70.5/122 , I went 12 over on the front and 5 over on the back.. Frustrated with the front but happy with the back.. One week later, same course 18 over on the front and 5 over on the back.. Seriously, I wanted to hang it up for the season, but luckily for me I was forced to take time off because I injured my foot the following day.. luck has not been on my side!

Well, I live in Florida.  This morning at 6:00 am it was 77 and 97 humidity, so I feel your pain...  What do you do?  Drink a beer (if you are so inclined, or an ice tea, or whatever I guess, beer works best) and think over where your problems were.  I've been having my own "issues" the last few weeks and am spending time on the range instead of the course to work them out.  Not everyone may agree that this is the best approach, but it's mine.  Identifying where the wheels are coming off and going out and fixing it are the key.  (Hint: when you figure it out, it will likely seem like something "simple")  If it's the driver, look to the swing plane and speed.  So many of us hurry the backswing and transition and get all flummoxed up before we actually get to the part where we're hitting the ball. (The driver's been my latest bugaboo, and a poor drive can really set up what could be an easy hole to be a nightmare.)

If, as sometimes happens, it was just general suckage all the way around the course, just go to the range and hit the clubs you love most (for me it is the wedges and short irons, I suspect it's the same for many here) until you're feeling more confident that you can at least hit something right.  Then work your way up.  Of course, a visit with your pro won't hurt either if you have a teaching pro you're working with.  If you don't, it's never too late do develop such a relationship.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Originally Posted by PirateJim

Well, I live in Florida.  This morning at 6:00 am it was 77 and 97 humidity, so I feel your pain...  What do you do?  Drink a beer (if you are so inclined, or an ice tea, or whatever I guess, beer works best) and think over where your problems were.  I've been having my own "issues" the last few weeks and am spending time on the range instead of the course to work them out.  Not everyone may agree that this is the best approach, but it's mine.  Identifying where the wheels are coming off and going out and fixing it are the key.  (Hint: when you figure it out, it will likely seem like something "simple")  If it's the driver, look to the swing plane and speed.  So many of us hurry the backswing and transition and get all flummoxed up before we actually get to the part where we're hitting the ball. (The driver's been my latest bugaboo, and a poor drive can really set up what could be an easy hole to be a nightmare.)

If, as sometimes happens, it was just general suckage all the way around the course, just go to the range and hit the clubs you love most (for me it is the wedges and short irons, I suspect it's the same for many here) until you're feeling more confident that you can at least hit something right.  Then work your way up.  Of course, a visit with your pro won't hurt either if you have a teaching pro you're working with.  If you don't, it's never too late do develop such a relationship.

My problem is, I can go to the range and "fix" my problems but it never translates to the course. I'm better off going to to course and playing while fixing my swing because I can see instant real world results and see if I can repeat it consistently.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 3892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!