IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

Looking good dude, keep up the good work!

;) I have you and the guys here to thank for helping me work on the right stuff! I have to admit though, it feels great that when I go up to hit that I don't even worry about pushing it like crazy or push slicing! Although it took two months to get there it is great to really see results in the course, the good thing is that I know how much more work I have to do and how much more improvement there is to be had! So thanks guys

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will not play this weekend, I will not play this weekend, I will not play this weekend. Instead i will go to the range an I will specifically work on maintaing my stead head and my spine angle on the take away by doing the following. 1. I will feel pressure on the instep of my right foot on the take away, instead of the outside of my right foot. This feel has been working for me really well the past couple of days. 1a. I will also be sure I feel the stretching through my right side 1b. I will work on a shoulder turn that goes down not across my chin 1c. I will work with the ball drill and not overswing 2. I will be video taping to make sure everything is where it should be. 3. I will dedicate time to actually working on my short pitching becaus I have been loosing so many strokes on something that is as simple as being commuted to the shot instead of being timid at impact. 4. I will take the advice and upload my pitching to be analyzed 5. I will not give up Today working with my new feels I hit a couple pull fades that ended up in the middle of the fairway, I just wanted to say that I hate that ball flight no matter what the result.

Eyad

I will not play this weekend, I will not play this weekend, I will not play this weekend.

I will shovel snow this weekend. :mad: I will shovel snow this weekend. :mad: I will shovel snow this weekend. :mad: I will shovel snow this weekend. :mad:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I will shovel snow this weekend. :mad: I will shovel snow this weekend. :mad: I will shovel snow this weekend. :mad: I will shovel snow this weekend. :mad:

Do you know how hard it is to convince my self not to go play this weekend? I know I should only feel so lucky that the weather here is in the 70s and 80s basically every day, but how will I improve just playing golf?

Eyad

Do you know how hard it is to convince my self not to go play this weekend? I know I should only feel so lucky that the weather here is in the 70s and 80s basically every day, but how will I improve just playing golf?

You're doing a lot more than "just playing golf".... An awful lot more man :-D Your dedication to training is spectacular, go out and play a few rounds in between, the course is a different learning experience, go out and enjoy it would be my advice..... and don't beat yourself up if things aren't working out.

You're doing a lot more than "just playing golf".... An awful lot more man :-D Your dedication to training is spectacular, go out and play a few rounds in between, the course is a different learning experience, go out and enjoy it would be my advice..... and don't beat yourself up if things aren't working out.

I concur. Go out and play, if only because you can. Just don't work on your swing on the course!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Thanks Guys.. trust me, if anything I do most of my practice and picture changing at home. I just think it would benefit me more to do some picture changing at the range that's all!

I went out today, just like I wanted and only went to the range and the short green to take some pitching videos and actually work on my pitching for the first time in a very long time.

I will post those videos once they upload. In the mean time, I am still working on Key# 1 - Steady Head

I currently have two main issues I am working on resolving. The first one and most critical one is the lifting of my head on the backswing from A3.5 - A4

The other issue I am working on is the shifting of my body to the right and the spine angle at A4. I think I have figured that part out, Below is from today.

Now, if I can just keep "my head down" all the way to A4 maybe I can finally have a good grasp of Key#1 Steady Head.

Eyad

Quick video of me using my 56 trying to land it soft a little in to the green and have it roll out to the flag towards the end of the green.

I'm really putting my self out there now!  Only way to get better right?

Eyad

• Administrator

Quick video of me using my 56 trying to land it soft a little in to the green and have it roll out to the flag towards the end of the green.

So those are more "chip" than "pitch" - and they seem to be just fine (I'd caution you on your weight distribution at setup and during the backswing - set it forward mostly and keep it there). What are the issues?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So those are more "chip" than "pitch" - and they seem to be just fine (I'd caution you on your weight distribution at setup and during the backswing - set it forward mostly and keep it there). What are the issues?

Thanks Erik, Well the real issue with this type of shot for me is the timid shot which I then end up just hitting really fat.  I am hoping that after this practice session I have more confidence and no do that any more!  I will pay attention to weight distribution.

Below is the DTL pitch video from earlier.

The issue I suffer from the most again is the fat shot, I think the 3rd or 4th shot I didn't hit exactly as I would have wanted.  What is it I want?  I want to be able to hit every shot of mine into one bucket :).  Maybe not possible, but that's where I want to get.  FO video still uploading :(

Eyad

• Administrator
Thanks Erik, Well the real issue with this type of shot for me is the timid shot which I then end up just hitting really fat. I am hoping that after this practice session I have more confidence and no do that any more!  I will pay attention to weight distribution.

Your chips? Your weight distribution will play a role there. Also, just be softer.

Below is the DTL pitch video from earlier.

The issue I suffer from the most again is the fat shot, I think the 3rd or 4th shot I didn't hit exactly as I would have wanted.  What is it I want?  I want to be able to hit every shot of mine into one bucket :).  Maybe not possible, but that's where I want to get.  FO video still uploading :(

Weight distribution, and frankly, you need to learn to be soft and have the feeling of way, way less control. Give up control (the feel of it) to gain control.

Hit a LOT of pitches with your right hand only. If you "hit" at all as you're doing here, you'll notice and likely hit a terrible shot.

You're not letting your pivot or "gravity" guide the club into the ball - you're hitting the ball. Look at how the handle stays forward on your follow-through:

You're thrusting the club down and through, while then pushing the handle.

Compare that to the pitches you see in this thread: .

P.S. One other thing… Look at your head, too, diving down at the ball:

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Your chips? Your weight distribution will play a role there. Also, just be softer.

Weight distribution, and frankly, you need to learn to be soft and have the feeling of way, way less control. Give up control (the feel of it) to gain control.

Hit a LOT of pitches with your right hand only. If you "hit" at all as you're doing here, you'll notice and likely hit a terrible shot.

You're not letting your pivot or "gravity" guide the club into the ball - you're hitting the ball. Look at how the handle stays forward on your follow-through:

You're thrusting the club down and through, while then pushing the handle.

Compare that to the pitches you see in this thread:  ​ .

P.S. One other thing… Look at your head, too, diving down at the ball:

It sounds to me like I have to start from point 0

I'll take you advice and submit two slow motion videos that I took of DTL & FO hitting those pitches and work on my priorities!

I hope that soon I can start changing this picture, and with it the inconsistent results I have been experiencing.

Thanks Erik!

Eyad

• Administrator

It sounds to me like I have to start from point 0

I'll take you advice and submit two slow motion videos that I took of DTL & FO hitting those pitches and work on my priorities!

I hope that soon I can start changing this picture, and with it the inconsistent results I have been experiencing.

Thanks Erik!

I think that perhaps some regular-speed video would come in handy.

BTW, you can ask @cedrictheo : I can hit an awesome pitch while gripping the club so lightly it pulls from my hands and flies down-range immediately after impact. There's no "hitting" or "thrusting" or "throwing the clubhead" or anything in my pitching motion.

I think that perhaps some regular-speed video would come in handy.

BTW, you can ask @cedrictheo : I can hit an awesome pitch while gripping the club so lightly it pulls from my hands and flies down-range immediately after impact. There's no "hitting" or "thrusting" or "throwing the clubhead" or anything in my pitching motion.

I have the same exact grip as I do for a full swing.  Are you endorsing a lighter grip?

Below is the FO pitch, and if the DTL was bad.. this one will give people nightmares.. Now, I know why I .... ahh forget it.

Eyad

• Administrator

I have the same exact grip as I do for a full swing.  Are you endorsing a lighter grip?

Yes. And probably nowhere near as strong. These are somewhat specialty shots - treat them as such.

Compare these series of images:

Yes. And probably nowhere near as strong. These are somewhat specialty shots - treat them as such.

Compare these series of images:

Noted.  Thanks Erik.

These are very telling indeed.  First thing I'm going to do is implement a weaker grip!  I hope this will introduce more of a natural release of the club, rather than the current post impact alignments.

Eyad

• Administrator
Noted.  Thanks Erik.

These are very telling indeed.  First thing I'm going to do is implement a weaker grip!  I hope this will introduce more of a natural release of the club, rather than the current post impact alignments.

Weaker grip JUST for pitching and chipping.

And no, that won't do more than a little bit. Feet together, and somehow you've got to learn to just feel like you give up control. Right-handed pitches for a few days.