IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

Eyad, the chin/shoulder stuff varies by the player. For your sake work on your piece and stop trying to know more. It's not the "Stupid Monkey" thing to do.

:)

But I was told that my shoulder turn is a priority piece and I should work on it along with getting flatter sooner in my downswing.

I was just following up to make sure I do the drill I was asked to practice correctly that's all..

Do I get a "Stupid Monkey" award for that? :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Stephan for your input.. I started working on keeping my shoulder steeper in the downswing so that I am not forced to basically lift my chin to let my shoulder thru and this is probably what is causing me to have inconsistency in making contact I am assuming.

Just to be clear, you are working on left shoulder down, longer, more shoulder tilt in the backswing, not downswing.   If I am understanding you correctly, no you will not lift your chin to let your shoulder go under.  Simple thoughts, don't lift your head, left shoulder goes down.

Also, just wanted to mention that my ball flight is high at the peak of the ball flight IMO.. how high, I'm not sure.. The ball height does however decrease as I go from my PW to Dr.

Thanks again.

Relative to other people you play with or watch, does your ball go higher, same, or lower?

Stephan Kostelecky

Golf Instructor

Youtube

Just to be clear, you are working on left shoulder down, longer, more shoulder tilt in the backswing, not downswing.   If I am understanding you correctly, no you will not lift your chin to let your shoulder go under.  Simple thoughts, don't lift your head, left shoulder goes down.

Correct, having the eyes/chin down helps facilitate the consistent pitch of the shoulders.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just to be clear, you are working on left shoulder down, longer, more shoulder tilt in the backswing, not downswing.   If I am understanding you correctly, no you will not lift your chin to let your shoulder go under.  Simple thoughts, don't lift your head, left shoulder goes down. Relative to other people you play with or watch, does your ball go higher, same, or lower?

Yes, you are right and that is exactly my thought, don't lift head to let shoulder through on takeaway.. Relatively I would say its about the same as the other guys I see or play with, but maybe a little higher.. I'll pay more attention today.. Thanks

Eyad

Played today and there was a difference in terms of my ball striking.  It was so much better than it has been in couple months now.  Aside from the 4+ on hole#1 I shot the next 8 holes at +1 with 2 birdies 3 bogies and 3 pars.

I will upload a video later, but I did noticed that my head is still moving up on the back swing, but the real difference I noticed is that I had less of a head tilt to the side, so my eyes were looking at the ball instead out of the corner of my left eye.

I will continue on working on getting my shoulder steeper on the back swing & to make sure that I work on laying the club down on the downswing.

Eyad

I regressed a little on my path, but my contact was much better than the day before.. I still need a lot of work on changing the picture.. I hope for a better day tomorrow!

Eyad

Glad you are getting a chance to play!  To make the swing changes on the course is going to be difficult.  Need a lot SLOW practice swings, lots mirror work, and hitting golf balls on the range at a slower speed.

Stephan Kostelecky

Golf Instructor

Youtube

Glad you are getting a chance to play!  To make the swing changes on the course is going to be difficult.  Need a lot SLOW practice swings, lots mirror work, and hitting golf balls on the range at a slower speed.

I have taken your advice and I have been practicing slowly and using the camera to check my position every once in a while.. I played another round today and recorded my self, and I found that I am still having a little trouble with keeping my head steady.. I will just keep working on the should turn to get that sorted out. In terms of getting the club laid down I have found that I can get it done when I basically roll my forearm from the top of the backswing and at A6 I basically have the inside of my wrist pointing out.. So, if I stick a rod through my right snuff box and out the other side of my wrist, at A6 the rod would be parallel to the target line. Before I keep going with this way of laying the club down from the top, I want to make sure that I am getting into the right position at A6. From the recording I just took I'm getting into the position you want me to be in at A4.5 all the way through the time it is in alignment with my forearm. I'll post a snap shot at A4.5, through A6 asap so that I don't ingrain anything incorrectly! Thanks

Eyad

I have taken your advice and I have been practicing slowly and using the camera to check my position every once in a while.. I played another round today and recorded my self, and I found that I am still having a little trouble with keeping my head steady.. I will just keep working on the should turn to get that sorted out.

In terms of getting the club laid down I have found that I can get it done when I basically roll my forearm from the top of the backswing and at A6 I basically have the inside of my wrist pointing out.. So, if I stick a rod through my right snuff box and out the other side of my wrist, at A6 the rod would be parallel to the target line. Before I keep going with this way of laying the club down from the top, I want to make sure that I am getting into the right position at A6. From the recording I just took I'm getting into the position you want me to be in at A4.5 all the way through the time it is in alignment with my forearm.

I'll post a snap shot at A4.5, through A6 asap so that I don't ingrain anything incorrectly!

Thanks

I guess I wanted to mention that I'm not really sure how much forearm rolling I am actually doing, but I'm thinking if feel ain't real, then most likely my forearms aren't really rolling that much, but still, my A6 position is not the same as it has been before, I can also see that my right elbow is a lot closer into my body at A6 and even through impact.. I will keep working on getting the shaft laid down from the top until it is second nature.

Eyad

I guess I wanted to mention that I'm not really sure how much forearm rolling I am actually doing, but I'm thinking if feel ain't real, then most likely my forearms aren't really rolling that much, but still, my A6 position is not the same as it has been before, I can also see that my right elbow is a lot closer into my body at A6 and even through impact.. I will keep working on getting the shaft laid down from the top until it is second nature.

I feel like I need to roll the hell out of it and more importantly, make sure I continue to roll it all the way to A5+. I also get my trail palm facing out and away from myself at A6. Almost like I'm trying to hit the ball with the bulging bone and meat where the base of my palm meets my wrist.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I feel like I need to roll the hell out of it and more importantly, make sure I continue to roll it all the way to A5+. I also get my trail palm facing out and away from myself at A6. Almost like I'm trying to hit the ball with the bulging bone and meat where the base of my palm meets my wrist.

Exactly... It actually feels pretty good, I'm going to tape a swing and post.. If these Guys can help me I think it should be considered a miracle.. And then I start a thread operation scratch 2015!

Eyad

:doh:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Exactly... It actually feels pretty good, I'm going to tape a swing and post.. If these Guys can help me I think it should be considered a miracle.. And then I start a thread operation scratch 2015!

Hey, at least you are taking Mike's & Erik's help and actually working on your swing. You probably could make scratch a lot faster than a certain someone ;-)

I feel like I need to roll the hell out of it and more importantly, make sure I continue to roll it all the way to A5+.

I also get my trail palm facing out and away from myself at A6. Almost like I'm trying to hit the ball with the bulging bone and meat where the base of my palm meets my wrist.

See I am the opposite. Especially for my driver. I have to feel like I am casting my arms, getting my hands to travel in the widest arc possible, way into the finish, raising that handle to the sky. I don't feel anything in my forearms at all. I need a sticker for my golf bag that says, "FEEL AINT REAL!!!" :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Below is me working slow reps trying to change the picture.. I'm finally starting to change it I think very slowly.. I need to keep remembering to shift my weight forward and as you can see I am over doing it slightly on the FO, I am trying to get as flat as possible starting from the top of the swing, as you can see I am really getting flat compared to the backswing.. I really don't have many thoughts in my swing now other than, take it up and make sure I hinge correctly on the backswing, and then make sure I get my weight forward while laying down the club by feeling the rotation in my right forearm to get to the below A6 position. @sk golf should I keep going like this, or do you see anything I should change?  I want to go ahead and upload another video to see if all the slow picture changing work I have been putting in has done anything.

Everyone else can comment as well.. remember, I'm looking forward to my "Operation" very soon too (as mentioned above) :)

Eyad

beautiful///now you guys are getting it... getting it now.

im so glad im moving to erie..

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Ok.. I continue moving forward with my steady head & sweet spot path priorities.

Couple of videos I took swinging full speed to see if my slow motion work has helped.. I think the results are much better than I could hope for..

I need to keep a close tab on my swing and have frequent follow up with my Evolvr guys to make sure that nothing else goes out of place while I implement these changes.

Have at it guys, I love the criticism!

Eyad