IGNORED

What are all of your favorite grips for irons and woods?

Note: This thread is 3743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Callaway Stock Grips. Stock grip on the putter as well. Tried Golf Pride Muticompound Midsize after a hand injury, once it healed went back to stock grips.

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

I like the tacky feel of golf prides on all my woods.

However for the irons Winn Dritac

same for my wedges, Winn Dritac except I tend to "milk my grip" and I find the oversize is better for my wedges.

For my irons I do a 'slow milk by regripping after resting the club on the ground" so the midsize are right for me.

Play RBZ fairways and 9.5 stage 2 driver. Irons are Rocketbladz steel 4 thru gap, 56 degree ATV sand and 60 lob, all are R Flex and love em. Recently picked up 4 thru gap with graphite R Flex shaft to help reduce vibration, but school is still out on them. Only had them a week, but appears I've lost about 10 yards. Could be me til I get dialed in with the graphite, they do act a little different compared to steel. Anyhow, like the Winn DriTac midsize on all my clubs.

• 4 months later...
I Think I'm going to give the Lamkin REL 3GENs a try this fall when I regrip. Price is right ($4 a pop at Golftown) and it sounds like they're a good balance of soft and firm with plenty of tackiness which I like. Been gloveless for two seasons now and have become much pickier with my grips.

These can be had on diamondtour.com for 2.99 a piece.  Cheaper if you order a large quantity of them.  I have never ordered from there, so I cant tell you about their service, but I saw the price and thought I would pass it on.  I am thinking of ordering pure grips from them.  They have 3.99 shipping all this week.  If anyone has any experience with this site, I would love to hear it.

Hopefully I'm better tomorrow

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Callaway Stock Grips. Stock grip on the putter as well. Tried Golf Pride Muticompound Midsize after a hand injury, once it healed went back to stock grips.

Derrick, you like Callaway, I see! I just ordered a set of X-Hot irons from Callaway Pre-Owned 4-AW with all the stock grips on them. I was thinking of changing out the grips but these are very nice grips, and I am going with them. I also have Callaway X-Hot FW's and 4 Hybrid with stock grips. I love the clubs and grips, can't wait to use them besides the golf dome.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Starting to think about regripping for the upcoming season. I have been playing GP NDMCs on all of my clubs, however, I am thinking about switching to full cord Tour Velvets.

Has anyone made the switch to full cord grips and regretted it? Any reasons not to play cords? Appreciate any input. Thanks.

Winn Dri Tac (dark gray w/ red tip) on all clubs except putter....love'em!! Easy on wrist and elbows.

Driver      -  K15 10.5 w/ Ping TFC149D Shaft in stiff

4 Wood   -  Rapture V2 17.5* Aldila S-75

Hybrid    -   Super Hybrid SS 19* w/ Matrix Program

Irons      -   i20's 3-W, UW, SW & LW w/ KBS Tour Stiff +1/2" White Dot

Putter    -   White Ice #9 33"

Ball       -   B330-S & B330-RXS

D2 Feel

Bragging about a 200 yard 7 iron is not golf.

I'm lucky !

I prefer golf pride tour velvet grips, whats easier than that ? eventually the cord version why not.

for putting the golf pride tour tradition or anythink identical.

Winn DriTac. They grip good even wet and they provide a little extra cushioning for those of us experiencing a touch of arthritis.

I just got these grips in order to help with some arthritis at the base of my thumbs. I play a lot, so I hope they don't wear out too fast.

I'm a huge fan of the PURE grips. I've used both the Pro model as well as the P2 wrap... both are great, but I prefer the wrap as it is just a little softer.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Interesting thread. I've been using the GP multi compound and I really like the stickiness of them when new, but I'm open to trying something new when it's time to move on. For those that liked the Multi compounds but moved to something else, why did you make the change?

With the GolfTown sale on now I decided to try out the new Lamkin premium grip.  http://www.lamkingrips.com/max-performance/utx

I put one on my 6i and I'm really liking it so far.  I'm a gloveless-cord-guy and though these aren't nearly as aggressive, I've been enjoying it quite a bit.  Time will tell if they hold up to Southern Ontario humidity in the summer but I think I will outfit all my clubs with them.  At only $6CAD during the sale it's a tough price to beat too!

Brad

The 1973 Hogan's I recently sold had an older Lamkin grip but they had not been used until I acquired the clubs. Best feel ever. However I am going to look into some of the newer grips that appear to be slightly oversized when I purchase new clubs this Spring.

Note: This thread is 3743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!