IGNORED

2013 NFL Football

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Boy everyone is ganging up on @Golfingdad.  There were many, many bad calls or non-calls this year.  Quite a few that affected the outcome of games.  Several were in the last play of the game that either ended the game or allowed one team to have another shot to win a game.  The Chargers are not responsible for the ineptitude of the refs, so there should be no shame from them or their fans.  A bad call, or non-call, is equally important at the beginning of a game as it is at the end of the game because every play is important.  We all get caught up in the plays and calls at the end.

I have voiced my opinion of refs this year, and it is getting worse.  Goodell is part of the problem.

I don't think anyone was saying San Diego should feel shame because of that call.  I think people were saying the should feel shame because the game came down to a field goal and they were playing a team with 17-18 starters sitting out of the game :).  Either way, they are in the play offs and maybe they win the super bowl, who knows.

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying the the Steelers should be there either.  They started the season 0-4 and pretty much sealed their fate right then  The fact that they were still in the running is little short of a miracle.  They have nothing to cry about either.  I'd be surprised to see either of them make much of a splash in the playoffs.  They just aren't that good.  My Broncos made the playoffs several times by going through the side door, and never really threatened anyone in the post season.

Yeah, you're probably right about this.  The optomistic side of me is trying to argue that the "real" Chargers are the team that beat Philadelphia on the road, Denver on the road, KC on the road, and Indianapolis.  But the other side of me fears that it's more likely that the "real" Chargers are the team that lost to the Texans, Redskins, Raiders and Dolphins.  The bright side of that, though, (since I'm ever the optomist) is that they were in every game this year (except maybe that inexplicable first Raiders game) losing the other 6 games by 3, 3, 6(OT), 8, 4, and 7.

Boy everyone is ganging up on @Golfingdad.  There were many, many bad calls or non-calls this year.  Quite a few that affected the outcome of games.  Several were in the last play of the game that either ended the game or allowed one team to have another shot to win a game.  The Chargers are not responsible for the ineptitude of the refs, so there should be no shame from them or their fans.  A bad call, or non-call, is equally important at the beginning of a game as it is at the end of the game because every play is important.  We all get caught up in the plays and calls at the end.

I have voiced my opinion of refs this year, and it is getting worse.  Goodell is part of the problem.

Thanks man!  But I don't really mind as long as everybody who's 'yelling' at me is doing it politely.  (They are) :beer:

Are they going to allow fans to smoke weed at the Bronco's playoff game next Sunday?

"Dude, that pass was cosmic!"

Beer sales will decrease and Nacho sales will skyrocket!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Are they going to allow fans to smoke weed at the Bronco's playoff game next Sunday?

"Dude, that pass was cosmic!"

Beer sales will decrease and Nacho sales will skyrocket!

Mile High stadium? I thinks so!

Here is the NFL schedule for the Wild Card Weekend 2014:

Saturday, 4:35 - Kansas City @ Indianapolis

Saturday, 8:40 - New Orleans @ Philadelphia

Sunday, 1:05 - San Diego @ Cincinnati

Sunday, 4:40 - San Francisco @ Green Bay

As I look at this weekend's schedule, I wonder who the heck makes the schedule. You would think that someone would have enough sense to check the weather forecast, as well as use logic to make the schedule.

Point #1: Green Bay weather for Saturday is 31° as the high and Sunday 3°.  Wouldn't it make sense to have scheduled Green Bay for a Saturday game.

Point #2: Indianapolis plays in a dome. Wouldn't it make sense to schedule KC & Indy on Sunday at 8:40?

Point #3: San Diego is on the West Coast and the game starts at 10:05 am PST.  Wouldn't it make more sense to schedule SD on Saturday or Sunday at the four o'clock slot?

Having made these points my schedule would be...

Saturday, 4:35 - San Francisco @ Green Bay

Saturday, 8:40 - San Diego @ Cincinnati

Sunday, 1:05 - New Orleans @ Philadelphia

Sunday, 4:40 - Kansas City @ Indianapolis

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Here is the NFL schedule for the Wild Card Weekend 2014:

Saturday, 4:35 - Kansas City @ Indianapolis

Saturday, 8:40 - New Orleans @ Philadelphia

Sunday, 1:05 - San Diego @ Cincinnati

Sunday, 4:40 - San Francisco @ Green Bay

As I look at this weekend's schedule, I wonder who the heck makes the schedule. You would think that someone would have enough sense to check the weather forecast, as well as use logic to make the schedule.

Point #1: Green Bay weather for Saturday is 31° as the high and Sunday 3°.  Wouldn't it make sense to have scheduled Green Bay for a Saturday game.

Point #2: Indianapolis plays in a dome. Wouldn't it make sense to schedule KC & Indy on Sunday at 8:40?

Point #3: San Diego is on the West Coast and the game starts at 10:05 am PST.  Wouldn't it make more sense to schedule SD on Saturday or Sunday at the four o'clock slot?

Having made these points my schedule would be...

Saturday, 4:35 - San Francisco @ Green Bay

Saturday, 8:40 - San Diego @ Cincinnati

Sunday, 1:05 - New Orleans @ Philadelphia

Sunday, 4:40 - Kansas City @ Indianapolis

First off, San Diego is playing in Cincinnati (eastern time zone), and when possible, the schedule is set by the home venue, unless there are overriding TV reasons for it (which don't exist for the playoffs).

Secondly, since when has weather ever been a consideration when scheduling in the NFL?  If the powers that be were concerned about weather, they wouldn't have been so stupid as to schedule the Super Bowl outdoors in New Jersey in February.  That is what you should be griping about.  It's just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen the NFL do.  They run the risk of their showcase game being a complete fiasco.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

First off, San Diego is playing in Cincinnati (eastern time zone), and when possible, the schedule is set by the home venue, unless there are overriding TV reasons for it (which don't exist for the playoffs).

Secondly, since when has weather ever been a consideration when scheduling in the NFL?  If the powers that be were concerned about weather, they wouldn't have been so stupid as to schedule the Super Bowl outdoors in New Jersey in February.  That is what you should be griping about.  It's just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen the NFL do.  They run the risk of their showcase game being a complete fiasco.

There is a long list of stupid things the NFL is doing currently.  I give this one a 50/50 chance of being a fiasco.  But knowing Goodell's luck, it will be 50F and no wind.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Well it appears Reid wasn't the reason the Eagles have a suck fest in the playoffs.  Their inability to beat the Aints in the cold weather had nothing to do with Reid this time, but I'll wait for phan to tell me why it was Reids fault.

As for the Chiefs, not sure what happened there other than they lost key starters to injury early and throughout the game so I give their offense credit for scoring as many points as they did.  On the defensive side, they had no way to stop Luck or luck from factoring into their defeat.

Depending on the seriousness of the injuries the Chiefs suffered, they would have struggled to win their next game anyway, so having the Colts go through makes for a better matchup.

Joe Paradiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

Well it appears Reid wasn't the reason the Eagles have a suck fest in the playoffs.  Their inability to beat the Aints in the cold weather had nothing to do with Reid this time, but I'll wait for phan to tell me why it was Reids fault.

LOL :-D

Quote:

As for the Chiefs, not sure what happened there other than they lost key starters to injury early and throughout the game so I give their offense credit for scoring as many points as they did.  On the defensive side, they had no way to stop Luck or luck from factoring into their defeat.

Depending on the seriousness of the injuries the Chiefs suffered, they would have struggled to win their next game anyway, so having the Colts go through makes for a better matchup.

Agree with this.  The injuries may have been the downfall of the Chiefs in this one, but even if they had pulled it out it's questionable whether they would have been able to field a competitive team again next week.  The Colts certainly exposed their weakness on defense though.  If a quarterback gets rid of the ball quickly, it doesn't give time for the Chiefs pass rush to have any significant effect.  It's the same way that Denver beat them twice this year, by not giving Hali and company time to get to the passer.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I gave up on the Colts game just after Luck's interception to start the second half and went to get something to eat. I didn't get back until the game ended. Pretty crazy finish. Then I didn't tune into the Saints/Eagles game until the Saints were driving during the last few minutes, and that was a good finish too. Hopefully today's games measure up.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Hopefully today's games measure up.

disagree completely! At least regarding the current game ... I want it to be as boring as possible, something like Chargers 84, Bengals -11, or thereabouts. Save the excitement for Green Bay, ;) Edit: you read it right ... I want the Bengals to score NEGATIVE 11 points!! ;)

disagree completely! At least regarding the current game ... I want it to be as boring as possible, something like Chargers 84, Bengals -11, or thereabouts. Save the excitement for Green Bay, ;) Edit: you read it right ... I want the Bengals to score NEGATIVE 11 points!! ;)

I'm rooting for San Diego too, so I wouldn't mind negative points for Cincy.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Go Niners!

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Football 101:

(Lesson one). Don't throw the football to the other team.

(Lesson two). Don't fumble the football.

(Lesson three). Don't commit stupid penalties.

I'm rooting for San Diego too, so I wouldn't mind negative points for Cincy.

He wasn't the star of this game, but I'm not afraid to say that I love me some Danny woodhead!! I always expect something good when he touches the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

Well it appears Reid wasn't the reason the Eagles have a suck fest in the playoffs. Their inability to beat the Aints in the cold weather had nothing to do with Reid this time, but I'll wait for phan to tell me why it was Reids fault.

The Eagles were 4-12 under Reid last season. This was the first year of a new coaching staff and a head coach who never coached a down in the NFL. Kelly was able to overcome the mess Reid left him and won the division. Last night, Kelly got schooled by one of the best coaches in the NFL, but he is a quick study and will do just fine. And the "Aints"? Since when?

Quote:

As for the Chiefs, not sure what happened there other than they lost key starters to injury early and throughout the game so I give their offense credit for scoring as many points as they did. On the defensive side, they had no way to stop Luck or luck from factoring into their defeat.

I guess you didn't notice that Reid ran out of timeouts at the end when he really needed them, even calling his last one right after the two minute warning. How can you not be ready after the two minute warning? Even Mayock pointed out that it is his MO. The guy sucks on gameday and he can't adjust when things go south. If KC fans haven't figured it out yet, they will soon enough. Lotta heartbreak for the hometeam fans follows Andy Reid around.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!