• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
mflames44

TaylorMade Releases a new set of Irons called Speed Blades, what a surprise

Yesterday Taylormade announced the production of their new "SpeedBlade" iron set.  It comes with all of Taylormade's new technology and gimmicky concepts.  Is anyone else getting tired of new stuff constantly being put out from that company?  I understand that as a company the main objective is to gain income.  I just feel that they are overwhelming the market with clubs that I do not see much difference between. (RBZ 2.0 and SpeedBlade)  Maybe it is just me, I would love to hear all of your opinions regarding Taylormades recently announced new product line.

Looks like a blue version of Rocketballz. Blueballz?

LOL!

I just think they should stop calling anything "____ bladez" especially if it looks far from it.

Blueballz Irons are definitely something I'll be gaming come Christmas 2013!

Dude, with a stiff enough shaft and a little attention to good technique, no one needs to resort to the Blueballz.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dude, with a stiff enough shaft and a little attention to good technique, no one needs to resort to the Blueballz.

Use the speed slot to relieve the blueballz.

TaylorMade just marketing for gimmick profit. Go a yardsale and pick up some real clubs. They are just trying to make old technology new for 10 times the price! !

They wouldn't keep churning them out if people didn't keep buying them! Can't blame the company, boys like toys, I think their equipment is of the same quality as any of the other big brands, don't particularly like the look of these, or the rocketballs, but I think they got a good look with the rocketbladez! Also not keen on the names of any of these products though, unfortunately they go way over the top on marketing instead of letting a products results speak for itself, which puts some golfers off, you'd never catch titleist calling their new clubs.. MegaWhackers!

Not for me. Looks like they're designed for the poor ball striker. Basically, if you skull it, you'll hit the sweet spot. :blink:

Seems to me that the "speed pocket" will soon fill up with dirt and crud if used by the average golfer. Kind of negates the benefit if it's jammed up with crud.

I've got the RocketBladez Tour and that didn't happen to me. The polymer is very nearly flush to the sole.

Not for me. Looks like they're designed for the poor ball striker. Basically, if you skull it, you'll hit the sweet spot. :blink:

Hey, that gives me a great idea for a new wedge design. WedgieBallz!

Here you go. I like these becasue they look like the Burner 2.0's with the black finish which in my humble newbie opinion are the prettiest irons ever. http://golfweek.com/photos/galleries/2013/sep/10/taylormade-speedblade-irons-photos/21927/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Ron, your eating too much broccoli. Those re shovels.

Yeah! I play with Shovels.......for now LOL

Me too, just shaking your tree a bit! ;-)