Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlappyGilmore

When you play a betting match and your opponent owes you money but lacks cash, what do you do?

14 posts in this topic

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Must be a big money match if you're winning cars. Also, how'd they get to the course?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Must be a big money match if you're winning cars. Also, how'd they get to the course?

I heard that public transportation is pretty good in the Boston area.:-P Seriously, I've paid up more because of the lack of change, and visa versa. I play with friends so we can always catch up with each other. We never play for that much anyway. How much are you owed?

You seem to have an unhealthy fascination with causing damage to people and animals with golf clubs/balls...... :-\

You seem to have an unhealthy fascination with causing damage to people and animals with golf clubs/balls...... :-\

Probably a penchant for shaking people down for money at bridges, too.

I would send my Bulgarian hitmen in. They are rather cheap lately.

You take his most expensive club out of his bag and take it home. B-)

I don't do anything.  I never play for enough money so that it would make a difference to my day. Certainly don't say something in front of other people.  If you need to make a loser look like more of a loser over  $5, $10, $20 or whatever, it just makes you look petty.

He just never gets a money match again unless he pays without a reminder and generally does not get the courtesy of a free drink in a situation where I would pay for someone else .

I put out a risque ad on Craig's List with their phone number...

We never play for more than we can afford.

I also never wager with anyone but friends.  Playing for money with strangers is either a good way to get hustled or welched on.  Either way it puts a downer on the round.

Can't say it's happened to me but I'll  accept a beer or two instead, everyone has plastic these days. If they flake on that NBD I won't play with them again. I suppose there is a chance it's an honest mistake but  IMO a clue there is an underlying character flaw. Life is too short to hang around people like that.