IGNORED

You make the call!

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Played 18 holes, and during the first nine I was playing horribly and decided I needed to take some practice shots after 6th hole to sort out some swing flaws. After the 9th, I decide no more practice and keep legit score. You make the call!

• Post the back 9 to GHIN as planned.
    • Scrap the whole 18. Practicing anytime through a round negates it.
    • Unclear about this ruling
    • Take 2 stroke (or max allowable strokes) penalty for every hole you practiced on and post 18
    • You're going to hell

What if you "stopped playing" for a few minutes after the ninth hole?  Then you started a "new" 9 hole round?

I do that all the time.  How else do you get a beer and a hotdog?!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd post the second nine and write the front off as practice without the intent to post a score. See you in hell.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I'd post the second nine and write the front off as practice without the intent to post a score. See you in hell.

No fair.  You're a marketing guy.....you're already going to Hell.  No incremental risk to you at all! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

No fair.  You're a marketing guy.....you're already going to Hell.  No incremental risk to you at all!

LMAO!

You sir, just got yourself a Fonzie!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

No fair.  You're a marketing guy.....you're already going to Hell.  No incremental risk to you at all!

Just one of the many advantages to living with the curse of a marketer's core.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Gotta ask this - where you playing for real or were you and some buddies hanging out and having a good time.

Personally - i handle both situations very differently - if its me and my guys then it wont be a problem unless we have a few dollars on the round at most they harass me for "cheating"... LOL but the very next hole one of them will roll the ball around in the fairway or take extra "relief" from an obstacle.

In short if its the guys and your having fun with the idea of we are just playing having a good time and trying to get better then its fine

BUT

If its a real round of golf or you are playing with a serious group then i would either not take the practice or let them know my round doesnt count for much and see if they mind you practicing while they play

But most of my golf is the former

Regardless if your on the course then you are already winning

Gotta ask this - where you playing for real or were you and some buddies hanging out and having a good time.

Personally - i handle both situations very differently - if its me and my guys then it wont be a problem unless we have a few dollars on the round at most they harass me for "cheating"... LOL but the very next hole one of them will roll the ball around in the fairway or take extra "relief" from an obstacle.

In short if its the guys and your having fun with the idea of we are just playing having a good time and trying to get better then its fine

BUT

If its a real round of golf or you are playing with a serious group then i would either not take the practice or let them know my round doesnt count for much and see if they mind you practicing while they play

But most of my golf is the former

Regardless if your on the course then you are already winning

I was playing with an acquaintance. I went to the course knowing I was going to have to sort some things out a thought I would play a practice round instead of the range. Since some one was with me I limited the practice shots because I prefer company rather than play alone. I thought had things somewhat under control and decided I would be serious the second half. I ditched my walking cart and jumped on with the guy I was playing with. I was curious on the opinion of the round and that the forum needed another thread with conflicting opinions.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

If you didn't play by the rules, I supposed you'd need to record the max score allowed by ESC on holes 6-9.     And once you do that, I'll accuse you of being a sandbagger.....LOL

It's a lose lose situation.............you darn sandbaggers!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

If you didn't play by the rules, I supposed you'd need to record the max score allowed by ESC on holes 6-9.     And once you do that, I'll accuse you of being a sandbagger.....LOL

It's a lose lose situation.............you darn sandbaggers!

For the benefit of the reading challenged, I'll post it again:

4-2. Holes Not Played or Not Played Under The Principles of The Rules of Golf

If a player does not play a hole or plays it other than under the principles of the Rules of Golf (except for preferred lies), the score recorded for that hole for handicap purposes must be par plus any handicap strokes the player is entitled to receive on that hole. This hole score, when recorded, should be preceded by an "X."

Example: A player with a Course Handicap of 10 receives a handicap stroke on the first 10 allocated handicap-stroke holes. If the player does not play the sixth allocated handicap-stroke hole, which is a par 4, because of construction on the green, the player must record a score of par plus one for handicap purposes, or X-5. (See Decision 4-2/1 and Section 5-2b.)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

.........because of construction on the green?  LOL

The sandbagger said he played multiple balls out of frustration for hacking...............he didn't say the green was under construction.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Par +2 would have been a better....I should quit before I have to take a 7 from now on...

.........because of construction on the green?  LOL

The sandbagger said he played multiple balls out of frustration for hacking...............he didn't say the green was under construction.

That example is just an example to demonstrate what par plus handicap means, it's not the only possibility. Put on your thinking cap and extrapolate a little.

The manual simply says that for handicap purposes, a hole not played by the rules is treated the same as a hole not played.  The reason for that is to try and minimize the opportunity for a player to manipulate his handicap by posting a higher score than he earned.

Rick

What if a player (myself) does not have a legitimate handicap?  What if something like this occurs the first time I decide I am going to start posting for a handicap?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

What if a player (myself) does not have a legitimate handicap?  What if something like this occurs the first time I decide I am going to start posting for a handicap?

If you are actually serious about establishing a handicap, you will play your rounds legitimately.  I'm thinking that if you do try something like this, you would mark your score with even par for any holes not played under the rules.  You can't post par plus handicap when you don't have a handicap.

Rick

As long as you have played by the rules, and kept legitimate scores, you can post by date.

If you are actually serious about establishing a handicap, you will play your rounds legitimately.  I'm thinking that if you do try something like this, you would mark your score with even par for any holes not played under the rules.  You can't post par plus handicap when you don't have a handicap.

This is what my question was.

Does anybody else have input on this?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

I believe you have to input the scores as is or apply penalty strokes if you can otherwise disregard them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

My suggestion, don't do it that way.  I have never, ever known anyone who was trying to establish a handicap who didn't play and return his scores legitimately.  In fact it's usually just the opposite - they go out of their way to be sure that the score is proper.  Anything else shows me lack of any real commitment to playing the game as intended.

Rick

Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!