IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Same for both movies.

Plus I'm a big Richard Linklater fan. Boyhood got incredible reviews.

Before Sunrise, Sunset and Midnight are my favorites. Lost count of how many times I've seen them. Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly too.

Yep, same here. Love School of Rock and Dazed and Confused too.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Men In Black gets a birdie because it's so re-watchable.  Every time it's on AMC (or Bravo, or USA, or whatever) and there is nothing else good on, it is a perfect stop for the remote. How does Vincent D'Onofrio not get an Oscar nomination for that performance?? (Not kidding BTW) ;-)

I'm the same way, but with I Robot. I watched Sabotage with Arnold the other day. I give it a par, but I can easily see it being nearly a lipped out putt for bogey. Great, although somewhat underdeveloped supporting cast. I kind of fell out with Arnold flicks in the mid to late nineties. This one was the first I've been able to watch from start to finish in quite some time.

Corey

Snowpiercer - birdie. Captain America, Tilda Swinton, John Hurt, Ed Harris, the couple from The Host (Korea), Alison Pill, Octavia Spencer. Knocks you on the head with the symbolism, but very entertaining. [video]http://youtu.be/nX5PwfEMBM0[/video]

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I think I'm going to see the ape movie tomorrow night, so I decided to rewatch Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes. Solid birdie. My wife even thought it was really good, and she usually only likes romcoms and musicals. And I tried to make it through the remake of Oldboy the other day. I just couldn't finish it.

Corey

Particle Fever - eagle. I dunno why but I'm slightly obsessed with the LHC. It's on Netflix.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Snowpiercer - birdie. Captain America, Tilda Swinton, John Hurt, Ed Harris, the couple from The Host (Korea), Alison Pill, Octavia Spencer. Knocks you on the head with the symbolism, but very entertaining.

I wonder if I can quote something without making it a spoiler....

I hate that I know what people taste like... I hate that I know babies taste the best.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I wonder if I can quote something without making it a spoiler....

Yeah, that was sick. I think I've watched more than a few Korean movies with upsetting ideas (Oldboy for example), that this doesn't gross me out that badly.

Steve

I'm the same way, but with I Robot.

I watched Sabotage with Arnold the other day. I give it a par, but I can easily see it being nearly a lipped out putt for bogey. Great, although somewhat underdeveloped supporting cast.

I kind of fell out with Arnold flicks in the mid to late nineties. This one was the first I've been able to watch from start to finish in quite some time.

He just did one where he was an ex-LA homicide detective-turned small town cop on the AZ border that I thought was a surprising birdie. Forgot the name. Just saw Sabotage last night. I didn't like how they revealed who the killer was too early in the movie, and that woman on the team was too over-the-top psychopath. Par here too.

BTW, you're right about Ahnold flicks, but from Conan to about True Lies was a damn good ride!

He just did one where he was an ex-LA homicide detective-turned small town cop on the AZ border that I thought was a surprising birdie. Forgot the name. Just saw Sabotage last night. I didn't like how they revealed who the killer was too early in the movie, and that woman on the team was too over-the-top psychopath. Par here too. BTW, you're right about Ahnold flicks, but from Conan to about True Lies was a damn good ride!

I like you. I kill you last. Best was Predator. You are one ugly m... f...er

Steve

I remember my parents having a grey market satellite with free payperview. I must have watched Total Recall and The Running Man dozens of times. I went to see Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes the other night. It's easily a birdie. I'd like to rate it an eagle, as the apes were absolutely gloriously presented, and extremely well acted, but my only gripe was that the movie seemed a bit repetitive at times. Talk, then battle scene, talk,then another battle. Don't get me wrong, this is an excellent movie. But as much as I liked it, I felt it suffered because I didn't give two squirts about the humans. That's probably my problem more than anything. Next up, Guardians Of The Galaxy in a week and change. Color me excited.

Corey

I saw About Time last night. Definitely a birdie for me. Very nice little movie. Enjoyed it very much.

Constantine

I saw About Time last night. Definitely a birdie for me. Very nice little movie. Enjoyed it very much.

So you got this time travel power and you want to use it to meet women...

Yep.

Massive...

Bill Nighy, folks!

Steve

• Administrator

Agreed!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

So you got this time travel power and you want to use it to meet women...

Yep.

Massive...

Bill Nighy, folks!

Haha, he's pretty much good in everything, isn't he.

Quote:

Agreed!

I dunno why the reviews were so bad. I almost didn't watch it because of that, but I'm a sucker for all stories related to time travel, so I watched it anyway. I guess because there were too many plot holes? I thought the touching moments created because of the plot holes were worth the movie having been a tad incongruent.

Richard Curtis is pretty good at lifting one's spirits :-) If I wasted my time quibbling over plot holes, I would've missed a good message and a pretty darn enjoyable story.

Constantine

Three Days of Condor. Love spy movies. Birdie. Jack Ryan - Shadow Recruit. Tap in par. Here are their respective, help me the f$&k; out phone call scenes. Some things don't change. Spoilers. [video]http://youtu.be/fzJ_Vc8o9dg[/video]

Steve

My wife dragged me to "Lucy" with Scarlett Johannson this weekend. Decent, head-trippy sci-fi. A par? Watching Scarlett Johannson kick people's ass just by staring at them was easy on the eyes, though.

Caught a few late night movies last night. The Kingdom-Par. I thought it was a bit sleepy and slow, solid ending though End of Watch-Birdie. Really enjoyable cop movie Shutter Island-Birdie. Not Scorsese's best, but enjoyable story and good ending(?) Juice-Birdie. Pretty good crime/hood movie. Tupac was a pretty decent actor

Riley